Question about Parking at Manhattan Cruise Terminal

njnjgirl

I have this booked for March.  They drop you off and for an added fee (White Glove) will pick you up at pier.  All in your own vehicle.  Will let you know.   Saving me $60, on a 10 day cruise.

https://parkright.com/locations.shtml

Location:  670 West 43rd Street - Between 11th and 12th Avenue.

We looked into the parking at the NCL Terminal and it was $400.00 for an 11 day cruise so we decided to take the Amtrak train in and pick up a cab to the terminal…. According to google maps it is 1.9 miles…. Not sure what cab fares are but seems like the best option!

• Like 1

In the past, we have always taken a car service from our home on Long Island; however, this past September we opted to drive in and park at the pier.   Super easy and convenient and we will definitely doing it again for our next cruise that leaves out of Manhattan.

47 minutes ago, njnjgirl said:

We have a Gem cruise booked in April and the car service to Manhattan is so expensive.  We are thinking of driving and parking in a garage with valet service.  Has anyone done this and how was it?  Thanks for your help.

We park at the cruise terminal. It's convenient, with the parking lot on the roof, and secure...you park and lock your car. It won't be jockeyed around all week by kids who could care less about damage to your vehicle. There are no surcharges for cars bigger than a small sedan...something that is common at Manhattan parking garages, and the $40 per night charge includes all applicable taxes.

Since you're coming from NJ an alternative that would save some money is to park in Weehawken, NJ at the NY Waterway Port Imperial ferry terminal. Parking is $22 or $20 per night depending on which garage you park in and adult ferry fare is $9 per person, so $36 total roundtrip fare for two. The ferry ride is less than 10 minutes and you'll arrive at the West 39th St. ferry terminal in Manhattan, which is an easy walk of less than a half mile to Pier 88 as long as you're comfortable handling your luggage. There's a free shuttle bus that will take you up 12th Ave, across the street from Pier 88 if you can't or don't want to walk.

22 hours ago, vacation44 said:

In the past, we have always taken a car service from our home on Long Island; however, this past September we opted to drive in and park at the pier.   Super easy and convenient and we will definitely doing it again for our next cruise that leaves out of Manhattan.

We slways take a car service from our home on Long Island The company is very reliable and we always request the same driver.We have yet to have a problem.

Thank you all for the great tips.  We opted to take a car service as we are not comfortable driving in NYC.  My son lives in Central Jersey so we are getting the car service from his house and leaving our car with him.  It is half the price they wanted from our house. 

I do agree with MJKacMom , getting the car when getting back to Manhattan is a bit nerve-wracking, we have done that before as we have always used a car service.  But my goodness, this year the cost was really prohibitive. 

Bon Voyage to you all!

Still trying to decide for my upcoming cruises. For Manhattan, I have a 10 day cruise booked. Am I getting charged for 10 or 11 days. I've noticed some terminals will charge for your disembark day while others don't. Info doesn't show on their web page. I'm guessing the same will hold true for my Brooklyn cruise.

4 hours ago, sammee said:

Still trying to decide for my upcoming cruises. For Manhattan, I have a 10 day cruise booked. Am I getting charged for 10 or 11 days. I've noticed some terminals will charge for your disembark day while others don't. Info doesn't show on their web page. I'm guessing the same will hold true for my Brooklyn cruise.

Count the number of nights on your cruise itinerary. That's what you'll pay.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Count the number of nights on your cruise itinerary. That's what you'll pay.

Thank you, that would be 10 nights. Some ports would charge for 11 days. Got nailed for 8 on a 7 day in Port Canaveral. Just making sure of that. At least I have a lot of time to explore other options.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 1:36 PM, njhorseman said:

We park at the cruise terminal. It's convenient, with the parking lot on the roof, and secure...you park and lock your car. It won't be jockeyed around all week by kids who could care less about damage to your vehicle. There are no surcharges for cars bigger than a small sedan...something that is common at Manhattan parking garages, and the $40 per night charge includes all applicable taxes.

Since you're coming from NJ an alternative that would save some money is to park in Weehawken, NJ at the NY Waterway Port Imperial ferry terminal. Parking is $22 or $20 per night depending on which garage you park in and adult ferry fare is $9 per person, so $36 total roundtrip fare for two. The ferry ride is less than 10 minutes and you'll arrive at the West 39th St. ferry terminal in Manhattan, which is an easy walk of less than a half mile to Pier 88 as long as you're comfortable handling your luggage. There's a free shuttle bus that will take you up 12th Ave, across the street from Pier 88 if you can't or don't want to walk.

njhorseman- We are planning to use the cruise terminal parking for our cruise in October of 2023. The only thing concerning is the the first come first serve policy. Does it often fill up? Any idea how likely it would be that we arrive and its full? 

39 minutes ago, Dmelia1 said:

njhorseman- We are planning to use the cruise terminal parking for our cruise in October of 2023. The only thing concerning is the the first come first serve policy. Does it often fill up? Any idea how likely it would be that we arrive and its full? 

I've parked there more times than I can count and I've only seen it happen once, years ago in mid summer on a day when four ships were embarking. 

It's extremely unlikely to happen and I wouldn't be concerned about it. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...