Cabin question

sunshinegirl89

Hello.  We are (family of 4, kids older teens 19,17) experienced Disney cruisers.  Most recent was our 11th in Dec. 22 on the Fantasy.  Now that the kids are older, we are looking to try a new line.  Royal seemed to be the obvious choice, but for the month were are looking to go, Celebrity has the most appealing ports.  We would be sailing on the Ascent in Dec. '23.  The plan is to book 2 cabins for the 4 of us.  My question is this- it says on Celebrity's website that the bedding is a king bed (most cabins don't have a pull down bed or sofa bed like DCL does).  Do the king beds split into 2 twins?  On the RC website it says specifically that they do, but does not say it on the Celebrity site. Kids are boy/girl so sharing is out of the question.  Thanks for any help you may have. 

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The beds will split.  You will need to book adjacent rooms. They don’t need to be connecting rooms just adjacent to each other

Thank you.  We were planning to book across the hall- DH and I in a verandah with the kids across the hall in an inside.  Would that work?

• Like 1

Keep in mind all the rooms can be setup as Singles or "King".   Actually the bed is a "European King"  measures to that of a U.S. Queen. Upper suites have actual U.S. Kings.

When you arrive - don't despair as rooms are usually set up with the beds together but your room attendant will split them during turn down service. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Keep in mind all the rooms can be setup as Singles or "King".   Actually the bed is a "European King"  measures to that of a U.S. Queen. Upper suites have actual U.S. Kings.

When you arrive - don't despair as rooms are usually set up with the beds together but your room attendant will split them during turn down service. 

Thanks, Jim. I figured that we would have to request for the beds to be split in the kids room. I finally booked today, after about a weeks worth of research. We booked  two connecting, infinite veranda cabins on deck 8.  Not too sure how we will like the infinite veranda, but there was not much else available. I also had to call to add my son’s name to their room because my daughter will be 20 and he will be 18 at time of sailing, so I couldn’t add him online because neither guest were over 21. But once I called and explained  that my husband and I are in the connecting room next door it was fine, and they were able to add his name for me.  

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The beds on the E-Class standard cabins are larger than the M or S standard cabins.