Retreat Area

onboard2005

20 minutes ago, onboard2005 said:

Can anyone give me info on the Retreat Area?  Is there a pass I can purchase for the entire cruise?  Can I purchase it ahead of the cruise?  What is the cost?  Where can I find info on it?

Thanks

The Retreat is open to all adults. No fees, nothing to purchase. It's the adult only pool area. Enjoy. 

5 minutes ago, onboard2005 said:

I apologize for inquiring on the wrong area.  It's the Sanctuary that I meant to ask about.

The Sanctuary can only be reserved on board the ship. It’s $40/day, $20/half-day, and $30 a day if you book the entire cruise. The best advice is to go there on embarkation day as soon as you can. 

Yes, it is first come first served for the loungers in the Sanctuary.

We love the Sanctuary!

However, those who have loyalty status, Platinum - Elite, or full suite guests, will be able to board first, and the Sanctuary can get booked up.

If you can really splurge, you might be more likely to find one of the more expensive cabanas inside the Sanctuary are available.

14 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

So the Retreat is free, but Sanctuary is paid for? Is there usually loungers available in the Retreat area or do the chair hogs hit those up also?

If you go early enough, you can get a lounger but if the weather is nice, it fills up quickly. 
I had a room on the Sky deck so all I had to do was open my door and I could see what was available. I loved that location.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the replies!

I am platinum so I plan to head there as soon as I board. I also have a cabin on Sun deck so it's a short walk. The Retreat area will be outside my door!  I've never used it before but I'm doing an itinerary that I've done many times so I might not go ashore. Are any drinks or snacks complimentary?

36 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Only if you have Princess Plus. The Retreat is basically a public area, that anyone can use,  but adults only. 

If you don't have princess plus you can't use the Sanctuary or is it that the drinks and snacks aren't complimentary?

5 hours ago, onboard2005 said:

Thank you for the replies!

I am platinum so I plan to head there as soon as I board. I also have a cabin on Sun deck so it's a short walk. The Retreat area will be outside my door!  I've never used it before but I'm doing an itinerary that I've done many times so I might not go ashore. Are any drinks or snacks complimentary?

The Retreat Pool is just a pool deck area. It's adults only. There's nothing exclusive or such about it, except no kids.

There's a bar and pool, lots of loungers that are free to all adults, first come first serve.. like any pool decks they fill early, and then people leave, go elsewhere, etc and sometimes don't clear their stuff off. If one is empty for 39 or more minutes, it's free game - as a deck hand to clear their stuff off and voila, it's yours. We've never had a problem finding an empty chair, but then we don't even look til afternoon.

Drinks are available at any bar, via delivery from Ocean Now and are at cost - or covered by your beverage package should you have ibe.

Food is available at the Lido deck Grill or Pizza or via delivery from Ocean Now (no charge for most items some few choices have a small surcharge, delivery is included free of charge). 

Or go to buffet, etc. 

The Sanctuary is $20/40 half or full day per person, $30 full day if booked for entire cruise. It's per lounger, per person. Includes afternoon tea if you're there at that time, cucumber/citrus water and a small lunch menu that has a small surcharge, or get food/drinks bus Ocean Now delivery or go get it yourself..

Just now, reedprincess said:

The Retreat Pool is just a pool deck area. It's adults only. There's nothing exclusive or such about it, except no kids.

There's a bar and pool, lots of loungers that are free to all adults, first come first serve.. like any pool decks they fill early, and then people leave, go elsewhere, etc and sometimes don't clear their stuff off. If one is empty for 39 or more minutes, it's free game - as a deck hand to clear their stuff off and voila, it's yours. We've never had a problem finding an empty chair, but then we don't even look til afternoon.

Drinks are available at any bar, via delivery from Ocean Now and are at cost - or covered by your beverage package should you have ibe.

Food is available at the Lido deck Grill or Pizza or via delivery from Ocean Now (no charge for most items some few choices have a small surcharge, delivery is included free of charge). 

Or go to buffet, etc. 

The Sanctuary is $20/40 half or full day per person, $30 full day if booked for entire cruise. It's per lounger, per person. Includes afternoon tea if you're there at that time, cucumber/citrus water and a small lunch menu that has a small surcharge, or get food/drinks bus Ocean Now delivery or go get it yourself..

Water and Lemonade and iced tea are available free if charge at the bar (should they have the last two) or via buffet/delivery...