100 Day Party before Sailing

phoneman69

My DW and I are taking our Grandchildren on a cruise aboard Carnival Venezia in June of this year. The Grand kids are VERY EXCITED about going on their first cruise. They are girls 6 and 8 years of age. We are having a sleep over at our home when the cruise clock hits 100 days until sailing. Looking for suggestions on sailing related ideas to do with the kids. I have made a large picture of the Ship and we are going to do pin the Funnel on the ship. We also have all our old room key and maybe do a matching game with them. Looking for any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

Print out some pictures of towel animals and see how close you can replicate them or invent a towel animal!

Print out a map of the area you are cruising through (Caribbean?) and walk them through the path of the ship to your ports.

Print out a menu of what you are having at your special 100 day dinner at your house.  Pretend that Grandma or Grandpa is the MDR waiter and have them order dinner, from appetizers, entree to dessert.  Doesn't have to be fancy, just fun!

Get matching T shirts with a fun saying on it for embarkation day!

Hope these are some fun ideas and that you have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Print out some pictures of towel animals and see how close you can replicate them or invent a towel animal!

Print out a map of the area you are cruising through (Caribbean?) and walk them through the path of the ship to your ports.

Print out a menu of what you are having at your special 100 day dinner at your house.  Pretend that Grandma or Grandpa is the MDR waiter and have them order dinner, from appetizers, entree to dessert.  Doesn't have to be fancy, just fun!

Do they have their own luggage? If not maybe a child’s rolling piece or a backpack cruise related. My wife does tee shirts for us every cruise. Expand it to the four of you. A reservation to the Dr. Seuss breakfast.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Thank you !!! We bought the towel animal folding book on one of our cruises and your suggestion had me digging threw the closet to fine it. The map idea is also very helpful. We are going to order T-shirts for the sailing maybe i can ask them to draw what they want them to look like. Yes they are excited about the cruise and wanted to know how many ice cream machines there are. LoL

16 minutes ago, skrufy said:

Do they have their own luggage? If not maybe a child’s rolling piece or a backpack cruise related. My wife does tee shirts for us every cruise. Expand it to the four of you. A reservation to the Dr. Seuss breakfast.  Hope this helps. 

Yes they have luggage but now i can go online and look for Ship luggage tag's. We have tried Dr. Seuss breakfast and it say's sold out but others have suggested it's just listed that way and you need to book onboard. It has been sold out sense the announcement of the Magic to Venezia ship change.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Thank you !!! We bought the towel animal folding book on one of our cruises and your suggestion had me digging threw the closet to fine it. The map idea is also very helpful. We are going to order T-shirts for the sailing maybe i can ask them to draw what they want them to look like. Yes they are excited about the cruise and wanted to know how many ice cream machines there are. LoL

Maybe bring a game (old maid, something easy to pack) and play it at your special 100 day sleepover.  Then you can bring it out when you all have some downtime on the cruise.

My DDs started cruising at 4 & 6 and now they are 20 & 22.  They love cruising and I bet your GDDs will too!

2 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Yes they have luggage but now i can go online and look for Ship luggage tag's. We have tried Dr. Seuss breakfast and it say's sold out but others have suggested it's just listed that way and you need to book onboard. It has been sold out sense the announcement of the Magic to Venezia ship change.

Thanks

I would go to Guest Services as soon as you embark and ask about the Dr Suess bfast.  If it is sold out, ask to be put on a waiting list.🤞

1 hour ago, phoneman69 said:

My DW and I are taking our Grandchildren on a cruise aboard Carnival Venezia in June of this year. The Grand kids are VERY EXCITED about going on their first cruise. They are girls 6 and 8 years of age. We are having a sleep over at our home when the cruise clock hits 100 days until sailing. Looking for suggestions on sailing related ideas to do with the kids. I have made a large picture of the Ship and we are going to do pin the Funnel on the ship. We also have all our old room key and maybe do a matching game with them. Looking for any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

I love this idea! My family thought I was slightly nuts in years past when I always reserved out Double Digit Dinner out to celebrate, but that was the old days when I had more than double digits to my next cruise. I try to not let that happen these days. 

Check out your local dollar tree. They have the coolest tropical design drink cups and little umbrellas for a party and at one time some blow up palm trees. 

• Like 1

Your grandchildren are lucky to have such caring and loving grandparents! I have nothing to add to the many wonderful ideas already posted. Carnival used to have a saying "early to the fun" and it seems you have taken that to a whole new level! Your are making memories that  will last forever. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I would go to Guest Services as soon as you embark and ask about the Dr Suess bfast.  If it is sold out, ask to be put on a waiting list.🤞

You can book the Dr. Suess green eggs and ham breakfast when you book your cruise, it is

listed under specialty dining in the cruise manager

When my kids were little they loved to watch the YouTube videos of the ship we were going to be on.  There are some great video tours out there.  They liked to see where the kids clubs were, and what the pools looked like, etc.  There are also great videos about the ports.

49 minutes ago, hurricane0226 said:

You can book the Dr. Suess green eggs and ham breakfast when you book your cruise, it is

listed under specialty dining in the cruise manager

OP said the Dr Suess breakfast was sold out on their cruise manager so I was offering another way to hopefully score seats.👍

I did the YouTube videos with my six year-old granddaughter, she loved them. There is a countdown on my phone, whenever she is with me she asks to look to see how many days we have left, she loves that simple thing. 

On a side note, when she was 5, I packed her a set of Barbie dolls that she didn't know about. I surprised her when we were unpacking on the ship. She spent most of the time that we spent in the cabin playing with those dolls. It was fun to see and listen to her play with them. I think we only turned on cartoons once the entire week. 

• Like 1

When my girls were little (they're 20 and 16 now), we would make construction paper loop countdown chains for the cruise.  I used to make these in elementary school for Christmas countdowns - an old Christmas card with the chain leading to it, one link is torn off for each day.  Like this:

Christmas countdown

Christmas Countdown Chain Craft | We have a new craft available this week.  Come pick up your Christmas Countdown kit at the Brookville Public Library.  We hope to see you soon! 🎄 |

For our cruise countdown chain, the girls drew a cruise-related picture to attach the links to.  The picture that represented Embarkation Day was taped to the wall outside their 2nd storey bedroom, and since we booked many months out, the chain would extend down the staircase and all around the living room.🤣  But the excitement would grow as they would tear off a link each day and watch the chain shorten.  And the making of the chain was fun for them, too.😊 (possibly a good activity for your evening? - and your chain would only have to be 100 links long, so not that big of a task.)

• Like 3

WoW i want to Thank Each and Every One of You. Some Great ideas that i will be able to use in a couple of weeks when the kids come over for the 100 Day Celebration. I now have some materials to go out and pickup. They do love watching the you tube videos of Sail away parties and the different Carnival waterparks and slides on the ship's. When they ask to see the Venezia the ship where sailing on i can only show them the Costa videos and tell them we will be on a new make over ship and we will have to tell others how Great and Fun it was.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

WoW i want to Thank Each and Every One of You. Some Great ideas that i will be able to use in a couple of weeks when the kids come over for the 100 Day Celebration. I now have some materials to go out and pickup. They do love watching the you tube videos of Sail away parties and the different Carnival waterparks and slides on the ship's. When they ask to see the Venezia the ship where sailing on i can only show them the Costa videos and tell them we will be on a new make over ship and we will have to tell others how Great and Fun it was.  

You guys are awesome grandparents to do this for them!!!!  Its all about memories and you guys are on your way to making some great ones!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, shortyjoesmith said:

I did the YouTube videos with my six year-old granddaughter, she loved them. There is a countdown on my phone, whenever she is with me she asks to look to see how many days we have left, she loves that simple thing. 

On a side note, when she was 5, I packed her a set of Barbie dolls that she didn't know about. I surprised her when we were unpacking on the ship. She spent most of the time that we spent in the cabin playing with those dolls. It was fun to see and listen to her play with them. I think we only turned on cartoons once the entire week. 

The doll idea is nice. Yes we want to limit the TV time if at all possible. Thank you

• Like 1

I agree with the YouTube videos idea! I've been showing them to my 4 grandkids ever since we booked our family cruise (many months ago). The two oldest, 6 and 7, are pumped. I used the waterworks videos to encourage the two youngest, 2 and 2 1/2, to have incentive to get potty-trained! It worked 😁

There are many videos to make your 100 day celebration exciting!

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, pinklucky61 said:

Hide ducks around the house, then have them take the ducks on cruise to rehide.

A duck hunt is exactly what I was going to suggest!  If you know the line dances , pull them up on You Tube and do them together.  If they don’t know them, learn them together.

On 2/18/2023 at 11:18 AM, pcvtmom said:

I agree with the YouTube videos idea! I've been showing them to my 4 grandkids ever since we booked our family cruise (many months ago). The two oldest, 6 and 7, are pumped. I used the waterworks videos to encourage the two youngest, 2 and 2 1/2, to have incentive to get potty-trained! It worked 😁

There are many videos to make your 100 day celebration exciting!

The 2 Grand kids love the water works videos with the slides. They can't wait to see the gondola in the Venezia dinning room. The last time they were over they watched a you tube sail away party on the tv as they said grampy's computer screen was too small.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...