Carnival President, Christine Duffy, releases statement on the issue of inappropriate behavior on board its ships,

supaflyrobby

On 2/19/2023 at 1:41 PM, ninjacat123 said:

8 day cruises have a different dynamic from 4 to 5 day cruises.  Having said that, I have encountered no issues with the 5 day  Carnival cruises after Restart, and I have taken five, 5 day cruises from different ports. I hope you have a great cruise!!

I guess you weren't on the 5 day 2022 Magic cruises out of NYC this past summer.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

Not the OP of this tangent (I'm supposing she did not want to have her opinion disparaged or labeled xenophobic by some of the less kind posters here) but we did experience extremely rude Chinese passengers when sailing out of SFO.  They were definitely disrespectful, ignorant of or unwilling to abide by American culture norms, and expecting to have everyone else defer to them. It would take a LOT for us to sail out of San Francisco again, and I can't imagine ever sailing out of Beijing.

MSC has more European pax and there are cultural differences. I've run across folks on those that spoke no english and kind of rolled roughshod over anyone in their way.

After I had seen them, they were fun to watch throughout the just be total jerks and have no idea.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ldubs said:

I'm also waiting to hear more.  Having been on many cruises and land vacations in many different countries, I was surprised at the discrimination comment.   

We have enjoyed several Med cruises.  We have never have felt anything remotely like animosity.   I suspect people who are disrespectful, cannot accept cultural differences, and or expect things to be the same as at home will not feel welcome.  Like about everything, just practice the Golden Rule.  

Well that is a view.  

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 2:12 PM, jean87510 said:

I guess you weren't on the 5 day 2022 Magic cruises out of NYC this past summer.

No I wasn't on any cruises out of NYC.  We sailed out of Charleston (three times), Port Canaveral, Jacksonville and Mobile, AL.  Charleston is coming up again with a 5 day on Sunshine this May 8😊

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

No I wasn't on any cruises out of NYC.  We sailed out of Charleston (three times), Port Canaveral, Jacksonville and Mobile, AL.  Charleston is coming up again with a 5 day on Sunshine this May 8😊

Good to know re Jacksonville.  We have a 4 day in August.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Good to know re Jacksonville.  We have a 4 day in August.  

If you are flying into Jacksonville the night before, check out Norikase for dinner.  Kind of a "hole in the wall" place, pretty ambience, great sushi and fun drinks!  I liked the bird glass drink so much, I ordered 4 glasses on Amazon so I could recreate the drink at home😄

norikase.jpg

norikase2.jpg

bird drink.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

I was on a 5 day on the Magic out of NYC in August.  It was pretty interesting to say the least.  I was glad we were in Cloud 9 just because of the endless reports of wild feral children running loose all hours of the night banging on doors, ice cream fights at 4am, messing up the pool deck by trying to throw the chairs.  I know this because of my FB group and my 20 something kids telling me. It was gangs of kids.  The security did nothing to stop them.  The parents were saying stuff on FB to lighten up these kids were cooped up and making new friends...etc...  I saw the ice cream the one morning as I went down to get coffee around 5am and saw the staff cleaning it.  It is the last time I do a 5 day out of that area.  Fights during disembarking.  Fights in the dining room.  All verbal.  

• Like 2