Plugging in a water pic in bathroom

Yehootu

My wife took her water pic with her on our last cruise on the Royal and we needed to ask room steward for an extension cord. It was kind of a pain to get it out and stretch from the desk everytime she needed it. Can you use an adapter in the bathroom, seems to me something about the plug was only for electric razors.

28 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

...Can you use an adapter in the bathroom, seems to me something about the plug was only for electric razors.

You may have been on the Royal, but that doesn't tell us which ship you will be on next time.  If another class ship, then Google image the ship name and bathroom electrical. A photo shows a US 110v U-ground available on the Royal. Why a water pick wouldn't work, I don't know.

If a Grand Class, as I recall, there was a two prong 110v or a type C at the sink. You couldn't plug both in at the same time. Coral Class? I have no idea. Whatever, just Google it.

Edited by mtnesterz

The power outlet in the bathroom does not have enough capacity for a Water Pik. We know this first-hand. Those outlets are designed for low current-draw devices like a small electric razor or a toothbrush battery charger. Your Water Pik might run for a few seconds but you won't like the sound and then it will stop.

On our cruise packing list is a long light-weight extension cord for our Water Pik. Kind of a pain always taking it out and putting it back for dental hygiene time. Hey but at least we've all got healthy teeth and gums as well as fresh breath!

10 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I agree that it doesn’t work in the bathroom outlet, at least ours didn’t. One year we took an older one and used it in combination with the wastebasket by the vanity in the cabin (and then threw it out when we disembarked) but we generally take a battery operated rechargeable one. 

I'll have to look for one for her. Thx

I brought a Waterpik for the first time on my recent Enchanted Princess cruise. My unit said 14 watts. I was not sure of the amperage limitation on the shaver outlet, so I brought it anyway to try.  The shaver outlet would not accept the polarized plug (one blade wider than the other) on my Waterpik, so I never got to try it in the bathroom.  I ended up using it at the desk outlet and spit the water into a drinking glass I borrowed from the buffet.  Not the perfect solution, but it solved the issue.

polarized.jpg.d0d5c3307b3d437d8f619edc6d5ad084.jpg.

3 hours ago, Yehootu said:

I'll have to look for one for her. Thx

Amazon: https://a.co/d/iAdsfwV 

On sale this week at Target:  https://www.target.com/p/waterpik-cordless-plus-water-flosser/-/A-10718093

They are available at different price points. As has been mentioned here, you’ll probably have to refill the water container at least one time per use, but you’re in the bathroom anyway so it’s easy to do. 

We use it in addition to flossing and even add peroxide to the water. Peroxide is quite hard to find in many countries. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

35 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Amazon: https://a.co/d/iAdsfwV 

On sale this week at Target:  https://www.target.com/p/waterpik-cordless-plus-water-flosser/-/A-10718093

They are available at different price points. As has been mentioned here, you’ll probably have to refill the water container at least one time per use, but you’re in the bathroom anyway so it’s easy to do. 

We use it in addition to flossing and even add peroxide to the water. Peroxide is quite hard to find in many countries. 

We also use peroxide prior to brushing and thought we could pick up some in Southampton.  No such luck. Hate to pack that big bottle from home but for longer cruises it’s the only choice.