Housekeeping moving to once a day?

Donsyb

1 hour ago, true45 said:

When I booked the RCCL cruise the menus and policies of the dining room hadn’t changed, added fees for room service, crown & anchor benefits were higher, cabin cleaning service was 2 times a day, gratuities were lower.  It is like ordering a dress from a designer non-refundable and receiving a dress from some other low-quality store instead.  Not right, not fair.  

And cancellation would mean $ loss and disappointment of children in the family.

Have the kids clean the room😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Sure.  Find a cruise line that has 2x service. 😅

That I can't argue with.

But I will continue to say... if you don't like what a company has to offer you, don't patronize that company.  That's the quickest way to get the point across.

Well the sad part is,  thats not gonna happen.  We like to cruise and will put up with whatever in the end.  They are all doing it now.  That ship has literally sailed.  

4 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

I think they should have a class in the Royal Theater!

Would there be a nominal fee plus 18% for taking the class? Of course, this would be in order to enhance the cruise experience.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 3:06 PM, davekathy said:

We will also request the morning service along with a few additional requests. We are early risers and we always eat our breakfast in the MDR. Hopefully RC will discontinue this limited service, soon. 🤬Totally disagree with anyone suggesting twice a day service should be based on cabin category or CAS tier level. 

Twice a day service IS based on cabin category.  JS and up get twice a day service.   Pre covid, Pinnacles received most of the suite perks.  So with that model, P's would also be eligible for twice a day cleaning. Of course that model is no longer in use C&A category does NOT   make a difference is cabin service. 

I don't expect twice a day cleaning to return fleet wide.   

We just spent a few days at an upscale beach resort in SC and there was  NO daily cleaning.  If the guest wants cleaning, there was a $25 charge.  The rooms are serviced when the guest leaves.   Room was spotless when we arrived and I guess the next guest will find the same. They provide a bag to hang dirty  towels outside the door and new towels will be delivered.   Seems like it is an industry change. 

M

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 2:36 AM, resetjet said:

You note so many issues. 2 cleanings can never equal 1.  They are overworked and getting the rooms done in the evening is sketchy.  Miss your one service as we did and by the time he comes the next evening your ice is melted,  glasses are used,  dishes line the cabin,  towels are dirty and trash is full. 

How did you miss the service?

We stayed at a Marriott Vacation Club and no housekeeping.  If we needed anything, we texted the front desk & someone delivered more coffee pods/creamer/towels.  We were there for 5 days and yes the trash needed to be emptied.  Although not cleaning my room, there was always someone from housekeeping in the area during the day so we just tied up the can liner & gave it to them.  

We are cruising on Harmony in a few weeks in one room with our two daughters, so they will use the pullout/couch beds. Which service should we choose? I’d like the bed put away, so that we can easily access the balcony, but also don’t want to have to try to figure out and make the bed in the evenings. 

You would think the could at least come in a do the beds for people who are using the couch. 

47 minutes ago, poocher said:

We stayed at a Marriott Vacation Club and no housekeeping.  If we needed anything, we texted the front desk & someone delivered more coffee pods/creamer/towels.  We were there for 5 days and yes the trash needed to be emptied.  Although not cleaning my room, there was always someone from housekeeping in the area during the day so we just tied up the can liner & gave it to them.  

I take it you were not paying $16+ a day per person for gratuities?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

The dreaded resort fee is often higher than any cruise ship gratuity.  Our recent stay was something like $28 per day.  NO cleaning service offered. We had no meals included  so no wait staff grats were included in the fee.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JuliaSugarbaker said:

We are cruising on Harmony in a few weeks in one room with our two daughters, so they will use the pullout/couch beds. Which service should we choose? I’d like the bed put away, so that we can easily access the balcony, but also don’t want to have to try to figure out and make the bed in the evenings. 

You would think the could at least come in a do the beds for people who are using the couch. 

We were on Harmony recently and took care of the sofa bed ourselves just because we wanted it done before we got ready in the morning. That said, I feel like putting the beds away is easier than getting them ready. You can just fold/stack the blankets and push the bed back in. I would choose evening service to have the beds made up and ready to go. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, poocher said:

2 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I'm guessing there was probably a "resort fee". 

Resort fees (also referred to as facility fees or amenity fees) are a separate mandatory fee that hotels charge guests in addition to a base room rate.

Interestingly enough, these “destination” or “amenity” fees are considered illegal in many countries.

The fees are charged for amenities such as use of pools, Wi-Fi internet in your room (or sometimes you will only have access in public areas), pool towels, hotel gym, spa access and snack bar. However, one of the reasons that amenity fees provoke so much outrage is due to the fact that they are mandatory, regardless of if you use certain facilities or not.

38 minutes ago, icsys said:

Resort fees (also referred to as facility fees or amenity fees) are a separate mandatory fee that hotels charge guests in addition to a base room rate.

Interestingly enough, these “destination” or “amenity” fees are considered illegal in many countries.

The fees are charged for amenities such as use of pools, Wi-Fi internet in your room (or sometimes you will only have access in public areas), pool towels, hotel gym, spa access and snack bar. However, one of the reasons that amenity fees provoke so much outrage is due to the fact that they are mandatory, regardless of if you use certain facilities or not.

And about to become illegal in the USA according to Biden…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, poocher said:

No but I got NO services.  My gratuities on the ship get me meals and room cleaning.

Actually your cruse fare gets you your meals and room service. Gratuities are given voluntarily or beyond obligation for the service received.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2023 at 1:27 PM, time4u2go said:

Isn't there an emergency contact number that a person could call to reach someone on a ship?

1-888-724-7447

Supposedly the call goes to Miami, and they get a message out to Guest Services on your ship.  Your family member would need to know your ship and cabin number, and it costs per minute to call.  

Realistically, it'd need to be a real emergency for someone to call the ship.  

1 minute ago, Mum2Mercury said:

1-888-724-7447

Supposedly the call goes to Miami, and they get a message out to Guest Services on your ship.  Your family member would need to know your ship and cabin number, and it costs per minute to call.  

Realistically, it'd need to be a real emergency for someone to call the ship.  

I thought there was such a number.  I was responding to someone that had stated that they like to have their cell phone available in case someone needed to reach them while they were on a cruise.  I remembered there being this alternate way to reach them.