Merimbula, Sapphire Coast, NSW

Merimbula, Sapphire Coast, NSW is currently being featured on Channel 7 - what a beautiful place.  Sounds like a good place to see whales and dolphins.  Could passengers on cruise ships stopped at Eden for long enough, visit here?

Is this where your daughter lives Les?

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Merimbula, Sapphire Coast, NSW is currently being featured on Channel 7 - what a beautiful place.  Sounds like a good place to see whales and dolphins.  Could passengers on cruise ships stopped at Eden for long enough, visit here?

Merimbula is 20ks north of Eden. I think visiting cruise ships have excursions that include Merimbula. All that said, if you want to see Whales (seasonal) and Dolphins jump on the Cat Balou tour out of Eden.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 10:45 AM, MMDown Under said:

Merimbula is truly beautiful, Marion

• Like 1

Merimbula is definitely a beautiful spot. We have visited a number of times- our good friend’s daughter lives there.

Batemans Bay down to Merimbula is one of our favourite areas. 

Uncle Les’ daughter is at Moruya I believe 

• Like 2

Yes Merimbula is a nice spot, about 2.75 hr road trip from me. Plenty to see and do down there.  The cruise ships do shorex up there, only 20 minutes from Eden Port.  Merimbula/Pambula/Eden the sapphire coast is my favourite place down here, better than Batemans Bay even, lol.

My daughter lives at Moruya.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I am very familiar with the coastline between Qld. and Sydney, however I've only toured the coastline from Sydney to Vic border once.  It was a delightful surprise, such a beautiful region.  

visitnsw.com

During our visit to this beautiful region, we saw kangaroos on a beach and in a small town, lots of beautiful birds in a lagoon on the beachfront at Bermagui, and a mother and baby whale at Eden, near the wharf.  We stayed at Merimbula, Bermagui, and Pretty Beach.  We ate fresh seafood every day.  This region would be perfect for overseas visitors to experience Australia. 

• Like 3