Captain's Club Benefit and Drink Packages

conquesodor

Hello, I have a question for anyone who has used their Captain's Club benefit to purchase or upgrade their drink package. If I go through the motion to purchase a drink package in cruise planner, it does not seem to acknowledge any type of discount would apply based on my Captain's Club level. I am guessing that I have to call to make the purchase/upgrade to have that applied?

Also, I see conflicting information on the discount for Elite level. If I look at my summary of benefits for Elite on the web site, it says "10% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise," which is also what it says for Elite Plus. However if you click "view all tiers and benefits" it opens the Member Benefits Brochure and that says for Elite, "15% discount on a drink package or on a premium drink package upgrade when purchased pre-cruise" and for Elite Plus, "20% discount on drink package or 15% discount on premium drink package upgrade when purchased pre-cruise."  Anyone used this benefit and can confirm the discount received?

Thanks!
Ken

Edited by conquesodor
typo

24 minutes ago, conquesodor said:

Hello, I have a question for anyone who has used their Captain's Club benefit to purchase or upgrade their drink package. If I go through the motion to purchase a drink package in cruise planner, it does not seem to acknowledge any type of discount would apply based on my Captain's Club level. I am guessing that I have to call to make the purchase/upgrade to have that applied?

Also, I see conflicting information on the discount for Elite level. If I look at my summary of benefits for Elite on the web site, it says "10% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise," which is also what it says for Elite Plus. However if you click "view all tiers and benefits" it opens the Member Benefits Brochure and that says for Elite, "15% discount on a drink package or on a premium drink package upgrade when purchased pre-cruise" and for Elite Plus, "20% discount on drink package or 15% discount on premium drink package upgrade when purchased pre-cruise."  Anyone used this benefit and can confirm the discount received?

Thanks!
Ken

I cannot tell you your exact discount but the only way to get it is you have to phone it in & talk to Captains Club.  You cannot get the discount online.

10 minutes ago, BravoWhisky123 said:

I have a question the website says there is a 9 % pre cruise discount, do you get this discount on top of the Captain# club discount when you call? I am going on the Equinox on the Feb 27th sailing

I had that question as well, but the fine print (that I read somewhere) says that discounts can't be combined. 

32 minutes ago, conquesodor said:

I had that question as well, but the fine print (that I read somewhere) says that discounts can't be combined. 

When I upgraded the beverage packages for our December 2022 cruises, I received a 10% discount (we were Elite level). Attached is the invoice for one person for seven nights. I believe the package prices have increased since then. It’s unlikely you’ll be able to stack discounts, but I was able to so on one occasion. Since then, I’ve always asked just in case. Good luck!

FD74D43B-ECAA-4ED4-9E9E-9F0C07278770.jpeg

2 hours ago, bikerunner said:

With elite I got 15% off the upgrade to premium but yes have to call them.  Best is early am never had to wait more than 2-4 minutes when I call then. 

Can you use OBC (already on account) if you call in to purchase the drinks upgrade?

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

When I upgraded the beverage packages for our December 2022 cruises, I received a 10% discount (we were Elite level). Attached is the invoice for one person for seven nights. I believe the package prices have increased since then. It’s unlikely you’ll be able to stack discounts, but I was able to so on one occasion. Since then, I’ve always asked just in case. Good luck!

Interesting. I sent an email tonight to the Captain's Club support address to see what they say. The benefits brochure states that elite should get 15%.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/updated-captains-club-brochure-v6.pdf

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, conquesodor said:

Interesting. I sent an email tonight to the Captain's Club support address to see what they say. The benefits brochure states that elite should get 15%.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/updated-captains-club-brochure-v6.pdf

Yes, I’ve seen that also. I purchased these upgrades last May, and this is what the CC rep quoted me. She insisted this discount was what was “in the system”. After 30 minutes on hold and 30 more working on upgrades for b2b cruises, I was ready to call it a day. I hope you’ll post after you upgrade your beverage package, as I’d like to know which discount you receive.

46 minutes ago, Princess Fi said:

I suspect the answer is discounts cannot be combined. We have the premium drink package which allows 20% off bottles of wine and I am Elite which also allows 20% of bottles of wine.  Is only one 20% discount allowed? TIA

Correct.  They do not stack.  Essentially, the premium package takes over the Elite benefit.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

Just got off phone w/ Capts Club and added the upgrade for 13 night TA. Worked out to $16.50 additional pp per day (essentially 1 cocktail😀) and I was able to apply by OBC. 
Thx for everyone’s advice!

Did the $16.50 include gratuity or was that added on to your purchase (I’m assuming it would be 20%)?

42 minutes ago, Chot50s said:

Did the $16.50 include gratuity or was that added on to your purchase (I’m assuming it would be 20%)?

Yes, that included the gratuities.

Upgrade from Classic Alcohol to Premium (Elite/Elite+ Discount 15% Discount)

Order summary
Subtotal $363.74
Gratuities $65.26
Order total $429.00

Edited by librarylady19
  • Thanks 3

I have a question regarding the pre cruise discount and using the CC benefit..... it seems that the pre-cruise discount is combinable with the CC discount.  

From the website:

Pre-cruise pricing featured before sailing will always be lower than on board pricing (the pre-cruise promotion excludes Spa and Fitness reservations; and limited items which are not available for sale on board). Prices are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Pre-cruise savings are combinable with select Captain’s Club benefits. See full Captain’s Club benefits for details.

Does anyone know how you do this?  

Thanks in advance

Does anybody know for sure if the Classic package also includes water, coffees, and soft drinks?  In other words, does it also include the benefits of the Zero-Proof package?

We're on Beyond on March 19.

(Forecast for the next few days here in New England: temperatures in the teens at night, rain and that nasty white stuff -- snow! -- several days.  Ugh.  Can't wait to be someplace warm!)

2 hours ago, MBrown1003 said:

Does anybody know for sure if the Classic package also includes water, coffees, and soft drinks?  In other words, does it also include the benefits of the Zero-Proof package?

We're on Beyond on March 19.

(Forecast for the next few days here in New England: temperatures in the teens at night, rain and that nasty white stuff -- snow! -- several days.  Ugh.  Can't wait to be someplace warm!)

Yes all of those up to the individual limit per drink of the package. Not some premium waters. 

19 hours ago, the penguins said:

Yes all of those up to the individual limit per drink of the package. Not some premium waters. 

Cool.  Many thanks.

Sigh....just three weeks.  Right now, I'm looking out at snow flurries, temps in the mid-20s F and major snow in the forecast.

I was able to combine the sale with my elite+ benefit for last October’s cruise in Europe.  Then, I did a MoveUp to a suite.  However, I really did not need that package, as I drink very little, but the price was fantastic!  Maybe I was just lucky, but had tons of OBC.

Is there any way for us to find out how full the ship is for our sailing?

I have friends who were on the Reflection two weeks ago and Beyond last week and they raved about both.  On Beyond, they were in a suite, so dined at Luminae and had only good things to say.

Edited by MBrown1003