Does Seabourn increase excursion prices as they sell out?

Vineyard View

I am curious. I called Seabourn less than 2 weeks ago to discuss an excursion that caught my eye and asked some questions when speaking to the excursions desk. 
Today I clicked back into my account to look at it again. It has increased in price!  And no, I am not imagining this. 
Is this a common practice of Seabourn to increase prices as you get closer to sail date (ours is May), or as the excursion is getting full?  I’ve never experienced this. We are not often taking ship excursions, rather preferring to DIY or private…..but this one looked like a fun one. Thanks

Edited by Vineyard View

Hello Sonoma Mountain! East SR here! 

I am not sure why this would happen. When I talked to excursions desk they confirmed the price as well as the number (only 22) that would be on the boat. If this doesn’t sound typical, I will call them again to see what/why this occurred. 

Thank you both for responding. 

Seabourn Excursions have always been a significant contributor. Since the resumption they have been targeted to make a greater contribution.

This has manifested itself in a number of ways;

1 Prices have increased.

2 Coaches are now filled up.(circa 85%)

3 Tours are cancelled if numbers are deemed to be too low.(Although this has always been the case the threshold has changed and the notice period to guests reduced.)

I have not heard of a price increase once a booking has been made but in view of the above somehow I am not surprised!

I have seen this on some excursions I am looking at. On went up around $20. I I see a good excursion at a good value, I normally book it as you can cancel and get a refund.  IMHO the Seabourn excursions have always seemed moderately priced and a decent value. 

• Haha 1

When I called the excursions desk less than two weeks ago, I did not book the excursion. I was information gathering. Yesterday when I pulled it up online, the published price  had increased from less than two weeks ago. This is a small speedboat excursion. 

I will call them again today.  Doubt it will make a difference. But thank you all for your input. I just find it strange that they published one price, and then all of a sudden they change it for the same sailing and excursion published in USD. It would make more sense maybe if a different sailing. I probably will look at TA for a private as well at this point. 

My thanks to you all for your feedback 

15 minutes ago, APFBarb said:

Can you share the phone number for the excursions desk?

Thank you.

1-800-984-3225 and 1-206-626-9187.   I put these in my SB file today after seeing them on the website.  

Edited by SLSD

6 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you. I called the main number and was transferred. This is good info to have!

6 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you. I called the main number and was transferred. This is good info to have!

I haven't needed it, but when I saw the numbers, I wrote them down.  I have book a few excursions  today.  I tried a couple of days ago and the website was not working.  I'm still studying the ports for our cruise and may change my mind about some things.  I find myself wishing that Seabourn would really delve into what they offer and try to put together some exceptional excursions.  I looked at Silversea's excursions for a cruise similar to ours and they were mostly the same--but there WERE MORE offerings...

As you said. Good to have. Some of the descriptions need some clarification on the excursions, but I think that is incredibly common. We rarely take them, but the port of Vis Island might be a smart one to do if we decide to go out on the water, rather than stay on land. Not a lot of DIY options that I am finding.