TOWNEPLACE SUITES MIAMI AIRPORT

vadersprincess12

16 hours ago, Flymia said:

Are you arriving late at night to stay at a airport hotel? 

Our flight arrives just before 10:00 p.m. and I did check the airport hotel but the reviews are horrible.  I know it's just a place to sleep and shower until the next morning, but things don't sound really clean.

1 hour ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Our flight arrives just before 10:00 p.m. and I did check the airport hotel but the reviews are horrible.  I know it's just a place to sleep and shower until the next morning, but things don't sound really clean.

Right, no I meant an airport area hotel. There are tons of hotels in the area to chose from. I have also heard the airport hotel is not great, but I do think they recently did some work to it. 

Have you checked out the Embassy Suites Miami Airport? In reality the airport is close to Miami. Just a 20-min drive and you can be by the port too. Just check prices. 

2 hours ago, Flymia said:

Right, no I meant an airport area hotel. There are tons of hotels in the area to chose from. I have also heard the airport hotel is not great, but I do think they recently did some work to it. 

Have you checked out the Embassy Suites Miami Airport? In reality the airport is close to Miami. Just a 20-min drive and you can be by the port too. Just check prices. 

Thanks!  Prices are just nuts, but as everyone says, it's Miami.

16 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Thanks!  Prices are just nuts, but as everyone says, it's Miami.

Yes, they have gotten crazier the past two years. They do fluctuate a lot if there is an event in town. Boat Show weekend a hotel might be $500.00 and the very next week $225. 

23 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

There are plenty of hotels near the airport that are fine. Staybridge Suites, Hampton Inn Miami Airport East, EB hotel, Wingate, Hyatt Place MIA East, Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon,  Residence Inn Miami Arport . All just a short cab ride away.

We have stayed at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon several times.  It has a free shuttle from the airport.

There is a Publix grocery store across the street and several other stores within a block.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

We have stayed at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon several times.  It has a free shuttle from the airport.

There is a Publix grocery store across the street and several other stores within a block.  

We are booked here for April cruise.  Did you try any of the restaurants near this hotel?  

1 hour ago, BridgeMates said:

We are booked here for April cruise.  Did you try any of the restaurants near this hotel?  

Just across the street is shopping plaza with a good Cuban restaurant.   I think it's called 'Casa Juan'.   You can dine in or take out.  I always get an extra order of the sweet plantains!   

We have also enjoyed some great made-to-order sandwiches, soups & salads at the Publix store's Deli in that same shopping plaza.   We've never needed transportation to other close by restaurants as these two are easy to walk to and we have enjoyed both several times.  

If you've forgotten to pack something, in addition to the Publix grocery store there's a CVS store on the opposite corner.  And, if you have forgotten to pack some item of clothing, there is a Burlington store in that same shopping plaza.   The Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon has been an ideal location for us pre-cruise.  

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 2/23/2023 at 12:23 PM, Sand and Seas said:

If you've forgotten to pack something, in addition to the Publix grocery store there's a CVS store on the opposite corner.  And, if you have forgotten to pack some item of clothing, there is a Burlington store in that same shopping plaza.   The Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon has been an ideal location for us pre-cruise.  

we stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon a couple of months ago, and there is a sign in the bathroom that says - if you forgot any essentials, please let us know and we'll provide them for free. 🙂

P.S. We found that Publix to be very small and basic compared to the ones we have at home.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to hear more about the hotel! I will be traveling with a group of 16 next January. We are looking for free shuttle from airport, restaurants nearby as we are all arriving in the late afternoon or early evening. I am hoping for free breakfasts and some way to get a shuttle or cabs lined up to get us to the port the next morning. The Hampton Blue Lagoon gets many favorable reviews on this board. 

• Like 1

The OP asked this question almost one year ago, so I'll presume they've already traveled.

That said, I've stayed at several Blue Lagoon hotels on business and enjoyed them, Including Hyatt House Miami Airport, Tru Blue Lagoon, Hilton Blue Lagoon and Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon.

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

you can click on my MSC review in my signature to see more about the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.

I pulled it up for our date next January and it said sold out. I am wondering if there is a convention or something in town or they just have a limited number of rooms available to the hotel site I was searching on. I will try calling them directly next. Thanks for the info!

12 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

I pulled it up for our date next January and it said sold out. I am wondering if there is a convention or something in town or they just have a limited number of rooms available to the hotel site I was searching on. I will try calling them directly next. Thanks for the info!

I'd go to the Hilton site. If the Hampton Inn is sold out, Hilton has Tru by Hilton Blue Lagoon, Hilton Blue Lagoon and Homewood Suites by Hilton Blue Lagoon all right there and the site should give you quotes for them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

I pulled it up for our date next January and it said sold out. I am wondering if there is a convention or something in town or they just have a limited number of rooms available to the hotel site I was searching on. I will try calling them directly next.

I think you should call them. There is something wrong with their website - not a single night in Dec 2024-March 2025 is available.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I think you should call them. There is something wrong with their website - not a single night in Dec 2024-March 2025 is available.

Rooms usually aren't available 330 days in advance.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

today's date + 330 days puts it at Jan 9, 2025. Which doesn't explain why December 2024 rooms are ALL blanked out.

certainly explains why most january and all of feb and march are ALL blanked out.

• Like 1