50%/20% off on Alaska Cruise

Trappedontheboat

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

I don't have anything booked after my March trip and received this coupons as well. Now, as I've sworn off cruises for the time being, I'm being tempted to book an Alaska cruise....in a (gasp) non-Haven room. NCL might have got me with this deal.

I'm trying to convince myself that I can survive a week in a club balcony.  🤣

43 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

OK…so, NCL’s 50% off ANY cruise has another 50% off an Alaska Pearl, Spirit or Sun cruise?  Me thinks I’ll have my TA book a suite on one of these.

@graphicguy Two offers  ( 50% off on the Jewel, Sun, and Spirit ) and ( 20% off the Bliss and Encore ). Offers expire on 4/15/23.

Our TA suggested that we booked the Jewel B2B with me using my offer on the first leg and my wife using hers on the last leg. We settle on the Sun 11 day which for us worked out.

Jim.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@graphicguy Two offers  ( 50% off on the Jewel, Sun, and Spirit ) and ( 20% off the Bliss and Encore ). Offers expire on 4/15/23.

Our TA suggested that we booked the Jewel B2B with me using my offer on the first leg and my wife using hers on the last leg. We settle on the Sun 11 day which for us worked out.

Jim.

Thanks, Jim.  NCL has been advertising "50% off all cruises" for a while.  Just wondering if this promo is anything different?

I just got hosed on an MSC cruise (by MSC).  

Was just in Alaska this past Fall.  Wondering what it would be like in the Spring?

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingrandy said:

I just tried a mock booking and didnt see the 2nd 50% discount anywhere.  I have the coupons in my account though

I had the same issue but our TA was able to apply the discount, she, in fact, seemed shocked that there was a huge saving. 

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Just spoke to my TA.  She's checking into it for me.  But, she doesn't think they're combinable.  She's really good at sifting through these so called "promotions".  Will update here when I find out for certain.

Yes, NCL has lost its mind and is having an actual sale that will combine with Free at Sea

Screenshot 2023-02-24 132911.png

• Like 1

I got both the email and the coupons are posted on my account. Too bad it's only for Alaska. Been there, done that. If only they were for other destinations, I could take advantage. I think Alaska bookings are soft and the coupons should stimulate reservations.

Edited by IrieBajan54
correction

53 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

We must not be special as I can't find this coupon anywhere on either of our accounts.  🥲

I've checked three accounts (myself, DW and DD).  Nadda.  What do we have in common?  Similar recent cruise history.  Similar future bookings.  Live in the same place.  We all have a lot of future bookings, including three (DW and I) and one (DD) to AK this year.  All we have is that crappy April 16 Escape coupon that is largely worthless due to the already dirt cheap price of the cruise.

9 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've checked three accounts (myself, DW and DD).  Nadda.  What do we have in common?  Similar recent cruise history.  Similar future bookings.  Live in the same place.  We all have a lot of future bookings, including three (DW and I) and one (DD) to AK this year.  All we have is that crappy April 16 Escape coupon that is largely worthless due to the already dirt cheap price of the cruise.

My wife didn't get her offer but our TA said she had two, suggest if you have a PC or a TA give them a call, never hurts to ask.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

My wife didn't get her offer but our TA said she had two, suggest if you have a PC or a TA give them a call, never hurts to ask.

Already emailed our PCL and this is what he replied "Yes, these coupons are only for 2023 sailings and guests that do not already have an Alaska sailing booked."

We got this email as well. It didn't show up in "My Coupons and Credits" in my account for a few days. But it did show up if I went in and did a booking. Here's how it worked, assuming you received the email from NCL:

-Log in to NCL and choose one of the three ships for a 2023 Alaska cruise itinerary. 

-Work through all the booking steps (choose cabin, add travelers, etc) til you get to the payment screen.

-On the payment screen, choose the 50% off coupon (in my case it was at the bottom of the list below my CruiseNext coupons.) Note this is a coupon, and is not transferable.

-The coupon discounts the cabin fare by 50% (not taxes, gratuities, fees, or tours)

So this is 50% off of the original (largely bogus) 50% discount on the website - for the cruise fare.

All that said, it is a pretty significant sale. Significant enough that we booked a cruise with it!

• Like 3

I also got a confirmation that if you already have an Alaskan cruise booked, you did not get a coupon.    My son does have one attached to his name, but we do not.   Really bummed. I asked what would happen if we cancelled, would we then get one but have not heard back yet.

3 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I also got a confirmation that if you already have an Alaskan cruise booked, you did not get a coupon.    My son does have one attached to his name, but we do not.   Really bummed. I asked what would happen if we cancelled, would we then get one but have not heard back yet.

Ask the son to go together with you. His discount should apply to all of you, even if you do not have the coupon.  *New bookings only

Edited by Trappedontheboat

1 minute ago, vacation44 said:

Same.  Our Alaska 2024 is getting canceled as wifey's spring break is the preceding week, not the week we booked, so unless she wants to take off an entire week of no-pay..............  🤑

24 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Already emailed our PCL and this is what he replied "Yes, these coupons are only for 2023 sailings and guests that do not already have an Alaska sailing booked."

Thanks.  That would explain why I didn't get one.  The double whammy is that with this promo going, it is unlikely that the cabin prices will drop anytime soon.  I often leverage that for room upgrades.

15 minutes ago, Trappedontheboat said:

Ask the son to go together with you. His discount should apply to all of you, even if you do not have the coupon.  *New bookings only

We are taking our two young adult children with us on the Epic in three weeks so this one is just the two of us.   However, I wonder if it would work booking him as a third passenger (which would be free not counting the mandatory port charges and DSC) and then him not showing up.   It would still save us over $2000 by my calculations.