First time cruising with kids

renysmom

We will be cruising this summer with our grandchildren (4 YoB and 8 YoG) for the first time. Tell me about the process for registering them for the kids club, etc. They may not be in there all the time but we know they will want to check it out a few times.

What else do we need to know about traveling on Carnival with kids?

THANKS!!

Completely agree with the others…first night is a must….first time I took my son he didn’t want to go at all…had to bribe him with arcade money just to go….fast forward a few hours to him crying because I picked him up 5 minutes early because he didn’t want to leave….now 8 years later he still goes and still enjoys his club. 

If there is a Dr Suess breakfast, try to get tickets either through your cruise manager or as soon as you get onboard.  My DDs from about 6 & 8 years old really enjoyed the MDR at dinner.  The wait staff always treated them so well, addressing them by name, doing goofy things with napkins and generally making my DDs so happy.  Even now, our last cruise over Thanksgiving our waitstaff was so attentive and brought out brainteasers for my now 20 & 22 year old girlies.😊

Edited by ninjacat123

1 hour ago, renysmom said:

We will be cruising this summer with our grandchildren (4 YoB and 8 YoG) for the first time. Tell me about the process for registering them for the kids club, etc. They may not be in there all the time but we know they will want to check it out a few times.

What else do we need to know about traveling on Carnival with kids?

THANKS!!

So when we did our online check in, it asked us to register our kids for kids club. It also asked us who had permission to check them in and out. If they’re older it will ask if you allow them to check themselves out. When we got on the ship, they were offering tours of the facility and meet and greet with the staff. We went to that too, but it wasn’t required. If you hadn’t registered online you could do it then. But we had registered online so they just confirmed that they had them on the roster. My kids loved camp ocean! 

Just now, kelkel2 said:

So when we did our online check in, it asked us to register our kids for kids club. It also asked us who had permission to check them in and out. If they’re older it will ask if you allow them to check themselves out. When we got on the ship, they were offering tours of the facility and meet and greet with the staff. We went to that too, but it wasn’t required. If you hadn’t registered online you could do it then. But we had registered online so they just confirmed that they had them on the roster. My kids loved camp ocean! 

I’ll add in, my kids loved it, but the tour the day of embarkation really sold it to them. They’re 4. They saw how cool, colorful, and fun it looked and they couldn’t wait to go back. 
They have pamphlets at the check in desk with a list of activities, but the app is a good source of that info too. It will tell you what activities, themes etc. for the younger kids it tells if it’s open play or crafts, games etc. I was able to read it to my kids and tell them what was going on. 
I also recommend the Dr. Suess breakfast if you can get a reservation it’s totally worth it! 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Pika8347 said:

Is there a 'meet & greet' on the first night for all ages? Or is this just for the younger kids? My boys are 12 & 14 and I think it would be good if they met other kids their ages early in the cruise. 

Yes, they will have a meet and greet for all age groups, and it is HIGHLY recommended that you encourage your 12/14-year-old to go the first night.  At that age group they generally meet others and start just hanging out around the ship together and less in the actual club beyond the first night.