New Specialty Restaurant Menus

gcorgain

Hi,

I received the Spring Seven Seas Society mailing today. It is focused on food and wine experiences, and it talks about new menus in the specialty restaurants including...

Prime 7: 12 New or revised recipes

Pacific Rim: 17 New or reimagined recipes

Chartreuse: 12 New or revised recipes

Setti Mari: New and reimagines recipes (no number listed)+ new amuse bouche offerings and expanded buffet appetizer and desert selections.

Has anyone tried anything new?

Greg

• Like 1

Hallo experienced Regent cruisers,

We sail on the Explorer in September Vancouver to Japan, having never sailed on her before, may I ask, is there an up charge for any of the restaurants including prime 7 or Pacific rim please? Additionally, we cannot book any restaurants until June, how many bookings can you make on a two week cruise? What preferences do you have?

They all look really nice, cant wait to board her, really excited about this cruise.

51 minutes ago, fudge said:

Hallo experienced Regent cruisers,

We sail on the Explorer in September Vancouver to Japan, having never sailed on her before, may I ask, is there an up charge for any of the restaurants including prime 7 or Pacific rim please? Additionally, we cannot book any restaurants until June, how many bookings can you make on a two week cruise? What preferences do you have?

They all look really nice, cant wait to board her, really excited about this cruise.

Hello Mr Fudge - hope you and Mrs Fudge have both made a good recovery. I really enjoyed your Ovation travel report as we board her in July so I hope you will do the same for Explorer as we board her in November 😁. Happy travelling.

45 minutes ago, fudge said:

is there an up charge for any of the restaurants including prime 7 or Pacific rim please?

No, Regent is truly all-inclusive

46 minutes ago, fudge said:

how many bookings can you make on a two week cruise?

One reservation per speciality restaurant booked on-line in advance of the cruise.

More may be booked when on board, subject to availability.

1 hour ago, fudge said:

What preferences do you have?

All restaurants are excellent; including the main dining room, which has an extensive delicious menu.

27 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

Hello Mr Fudge - hope you and Mrs Fudge have both made a good recovery. I really enjoyed your Ovation travel report as we board her in July so I hope you will do the same for Explorer as we board her in November 😁. Happy travelling.

Hi again,

Thank you, we had a great flight home, all went well. I had my plaster cast off last week all looks good but it is still sore! Mrs Fudge is now clear of her Covid thankfully, I escaped it! I will be writing a review and will try to include pictures this time. We have 6 yes 6 sea days on this cruise wow, never experienced that before, so plenty of time to write a review. Never sailed on the Explorer before she looks wonderful. Enjoy the Ovation, as you could see we did.Stay safe.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

No, Regent is truly all-inclusive

One reservation per speciality restaurant booked on-line in advance of the cruise.

More may be booked when on board, subject to availability.

All restaurants are excellent; including the main dining room, which has an extensive delicious menu.

Thank you flossie thats really helpful, will try and squeeze on or two more in when on board. 

The menus that Flossie posted look like what we had on Splendor last week. It seems that a couple of the items might have been new but my memory is not always perfect anymore. I think the Diver Scallop with pork belly and pomegranate appetizer in Prime 7 was new and it was very good.

FE574BF0-CE5B-4A61-9AEA-7AD6D868AD65.thumb.jpeg.b86f7e6395a99956881d01a9f2cf624c.jpeg

Duck confit spring rolls in Pacific Rim also seemed new and were very good. Pacific Rim also had Tempura Soft Shell Crab that we didn’t recall from before.

The menu that seemed in most need of a refresh to us was Chartreuse. It read the same as it has for years and we always felt that menu was weak. Our favorite part, and the main reason for going, was the amazing cheese cart that has been discontinued.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kjbacon said:

The menus that Flossie posted look like what we had on Splendor last week. It seems that a couple of the items might have been new but my memory is not always perfect anymore. I think the Diver Scallop with pork belly and pomegranate appetizer in Prime 7 was new and it was very good.

FE574BF0-CE5B-4A61-9AEA-7AD6D868AD65.thumb.jpeg.b86f7e6395a99956881d01a9f2cf624c.jpeg

Duck confit spring rolls in Pacific Rim also seemed new and were very good. Pacific Rim also had Tempura Soft Shell Crab that we didn’t recall from before.

The menu that seemed in most need of a refresh to us was Chartreuse. It read the same as it has for years and we always felt that menu was weak. Our favorite part, and the main reason for going, was the amazing cheese cart that has been discontinued.

That looks fantastic, I cannot wait to join the Explorer, the wait is killing me!

28 minutes ago, RachelG said:

Some good new options here, but I am disappointed that the crab cakes are gone from Prime 7. But agree all menus were in need of a refresh. 

Also VERY disappointed that CRAB LEG entre no longer on Prime 7 menu

• Like 2

fudge:  

Welcome to Explorer.  Above Posts have answered your specific questions.  There is no upcharge for any of the Specialty restaurants on any Regent ship.  So-many edible options at these restaurants; so-little time. 

We will be shipmates this September when boarding at Vancouver.   

GOARMY!

I will have to give Pacific Rim the best food and Service award on the Explorer this past month over the others.  Everyone worked well together the food was excellent and we ate there four times.   Keep in mind, last year on Splendor,  Pacific Rim was our least favorite for many reasons.   Hence,  your mileage may differ!   

Try to book your choices early in the cruise and ask for another night as you leave the restaurant or show back at 8 to see if you get seated late.  Works most of the time.  Enjoy. 

3 hours ago, docmark said:

Also VERY disappointed that CRAB LEG entre no longer on Prime 7 menu

yes, crab generally seems to have gone missing, except for the crab salad in Chartreuse which was my least favorite of the crab onboard.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GOARMY said:

fudge:  

Welcome to Explorer.  Above Posts have answered your specific questions.  There is no upcharge for any of the Specialty restaurants on any Regent ship.  So-many edible options at these restaurants; so-little time. 

We will be shipmates this September when boarding at Vancouver.   

GOARMY!

Thanks, very much appreciate your reply, joined the roll call yesterday.😀

Looking again more carefully at the new menus, many of the changes must have occurred just as we disembarked. The seafood plateau in prime 7 definitely still had crab legs when we were there. At our last dinner, we asked to have the dish with mostly the crab legs and they were happy to please.

B274B5B8-9492-4D7B-AF55-BFEE365FDB7D.thumb.jpeg.5772721e3bb0a69f58333ba416937869.jpeg

The crab cake appetizer was still on the menu too. At our first dinner in Prime 7, I asked for that as a main dish and it made for a delicious meal with truffle fries.

There is a now a soft shell crab tempura in Pacific Rim that I dont remember from last year. I’m not a huge fan of soft shell crab but thought it was quite good. My friend, Mudhen, a soft shell crab aficionado, loved the dish.

04A86677-4FB5-4BD7-9707-F57A0AEDBD6B.thumb.jpeg.fe3c50501700e795c89e271c1a059a01.jpeg

And there’s now an Alaskan king crab summer roll that is delicious.

839F0918-B50E-4292-9191-41ABC14DFCA1.thumb.jpeg.970ffeae5cca9207ea37b1ef0268b177.jpeg

I guess the abundant crab for us was a fair trade off for being the last group to miss the cheese cart! We will take partial credit as that was one of our negative mid cruise comments!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1