Bottle purchase and laundry questions

cruzky

@97060Shelly & @Thrak thank you for the tips!  We are elite and get free laundry, but I have heard people saying it is taking a long time to get laundry back.  Staying in a suite last time we cruised in 2020 right before covid and it still took 3 days to get laundry back and some things missing and we got other peoples laundry, so thought I would give it a try to do our own.  What is the best time to go to the laundromat when it is not busy??  5 AM?  Turnaround day? 

Also, do they ever run out of tokens?

Any advice you have would be welcome.  

Edited by mellon1
add

1 hour ago, mellon1 said:

On our cruise in May on Royal Princess the token machines were non-functional in a number of the laundry rooms. I had to hit 5 different decks to find a working machine. I reported them to Guest Services but they didn't care and nobody fixed the things. On our cruise in December on Ruby Princess we had no problems.

22 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Recently, December, we purchased Jack Daniels and Bombay Sapphire, 750ml, for around $26.  Call Room Service for delivery and availability.

You can only get 375ml bottles from room service. Very limited choices.  That gives about 8.5 jiggers.

1 hour ago, mellon1 said:

@97060Shelly & @Thrak thank you for the tips!  We are elite and get free laundry, but I have heard people saying it is taking a long time to get laundry back.  Staying in a suite last time we cruised in 2020 right before covid and it still took 3 days to get laundry back and some things missing and we got other peoples laundry, so thought I would give it a try to do our own.  What is the best time to go to the laundromat when it is not busy??  5 AM?  Turnaround day? 

Any advice you have would be welcome.  

On Emerald, some token machines were not working. Guest services gave free tokens to anyone who asked and I've heard that some ships are giving free tokens to all.

On the ships I've been on the rooms have posted hours and are locked to avoid noise early or late, maybe 8am to 8pm or 10pm. We found them busiest in the mornings especially on sea days. The easiest time was on a port day if we came back early before all aboard. Even on sea days they usually quieted down by mid afternoon.

35 minutes ago, justafem said:

2 bottles of wine.  Any more and there's a $20 per bottle corkage fee

No other alcohol allowed.  I'd suggest rum runners. 

Thanks, We have the drink package,just wanted to bring a nice bottle of port or two onboard if allowed for our Alaska balcony😃

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

On our cruise in May on Royal Princess the token machines were non-functional in a number of the laundry rooms. I had to hit 5 different decks to find a working machine. I reported them to Guest Services but they didn't care and nobody fixed the things. On our cruise in December on Ruby Princess we had no problems.

Wow.  You would think they would take care of the repairs.

21 hours ago, EconDoc said:

On Emerald, some token machines were not working. Guest services gave free tokens to anyone who asked and I've heard that some ships are giving free tokens to all.

On the ships I've been on the rooms have posted hours and are locked to avoid noise early or late, maybe 8am to 8pm or 10pm. We found them busiest in the mornings especially on sea days. The easiest time was on a port day if we came back early before all aboard. Even on sea days they usually quieted down by mid afternoon.

I am surprised they have hours.  I wanted to go early like 5 AM.  Thanks.

12 hours ago, cruzky said:

Thanks to all who responded. So room service is the only way to get a bottle of liquor to your stateroom. No advance ordering with set ups prior to arrival.

Roseanna

You can order a bottle in the Cruise Peronalizer.

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

You can order a bottle in the Cruise Peronalizer.

But it will not be in your cabin when you arive.

There will be a note acknowledging the order with instruction to call room service to get it delivered.

That way Princess is sure it is being delivered to an adult.

12 hours ago, caribill said:

Doesn't matter.

At that time most people are either at dinner, preparing for dinner, or at a scheduled event.

OK...the secret is out now!!  LOL  Surprised they didn't sound blanket the laundry areas so they could be open 24 hours.  That wouldn't cost much and would make more sense than closing them.

4 hours ago, mellon1 said:

OK...the secret is out now!!  LOL  Surprised they didn't sound blanket the laundry areas so they could be open 24 hours.  That wouldn't cost much and would make more sense than closing them.

I think they are sound proofed enough as I have never read a post complaining about noise from the washers or dryers.

What I have read is complaints about passengers making noise when closing the doors leading to a laundry room or talking loudly as they approach or leave the laundry room.

Limiting the hours the rooms are open cuts down on that noise.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

I think they are sound proofed enough as I have never read a post complaining about noise from the washers or dryers.

What I have read is complaints about passengers making noise when closing the doors leading to a laundry room or talking loudly as they approach or leave the laundry room.

Limiting the hours the rooms are open cuts down on that noise.

OK.  Never thought of that.  

On 2/28/2023 at 8:01 PM, kiwimum said:

Don’t know your beverage choices.  Recently, December, we purchased Jack Daniels and Bombay Sapphire, 750ml, for around $26.  Call Room Service for delivery and availability.

Those are 375ml bottles, they just charge you 750ml prices for them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Those are 375ml bottles, they just charge you 750ml prices for them.

32 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Sometimes I don't think people realize that.

If you go to Canada you will find that the prices are very similar to what Princess charges. Beer, Wine, and Liquor in Canada are roughly twice the cost of what they are in the US. Cigarettes are also quite costly. This is one of the ways they pay for the health care system.

• Haha 1