Cruise is in 30 days and still can't book entertainment

4 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

You usually can’t book entertainment until you board.  We’ll go to the Schooner Bar, order a cocktail, and see what’s available and book them then.

Not always. I was able to book entertainment on the Ovation for April cruises. For some ships, reservations will open on the 1st of the month before sailing month. I booked via the website, not the app.

Edited by crzndeb

3 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Not always. I was able to book entertainment on the Ovation for April cruises. For some ships, reservations will open on the 1st of the month before sailing month. I booked via the website, not the app.

Exactly why I started my post with the words NOT ALWAYS!  However, I’ve been on 9 Oasis or Quantum class cruises in the past 18 months and couldn’t book entertainment ahead of time on any of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

My Harmony of the Seas cruise is in 30 days and it's still not allowing entertainment to be booked. Anyone else experienced this? 

You can book once you get on board, so the earliest you can get your boarding time the better. Hubby and I head straight for the Windjammer and book everything right away.

18 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Exactly why I started my post with the words NOT ALWAYS!  However, I’ve been on 9 Oasis or Quantum class cruises in the past 18 months and couldn’t book entertainment ahead of time on any of them.

Lights, camera, action!

We're putting the finishing touches on our entertainment lineup, so if you're sailing on a ship that accepts reservations before you board*, check back closer to your sail date to guarantee your seat at our can't-miss shows.

*Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, Odyssey of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas, Spectrum of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas, Wonder of the Seas.

They just recently brought this back.
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Well excuse me….you started your post with USUALLY. Maybe I should have used different words.  I know pre booking has only started recently on some ships.

Just remember one thing- all shows but the comedy club are not really sold out before the cruise. So once you get on board, fire up the App and make your reservations. We just did that last week on the Allure. Worked like a charm. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sellwingri said:

You usually can’t book entertainment until you board.  We’ll go to the Schooner Bar, order a cocktail, and see what’s available and book them then.

Changed in December for quantum and oasis class ships.

to the OP, keep checking, people have reported booking opening up late but before the cruise for some sailings.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Cdavis5110 said:

My Wonder of the Seas sailing is April 2 and I was hoping it would open March 1. But no it’s not open on the app or website yet. 

I am on 3-12 wonder.  30 days ahead everything was sold out.  They opened it up on the first of feb not 30 days as the website says.  Its a sad state of affairs and the second time this has happened to me.  You just never know what to expect and i am not gonna check the computer every morning so i lose.

1 hour ago, resetjet said:

I am on 3-12 wonder.  30 days ahead everything was sold out.  They opened it up on the first of feb not 30 days as the website says.  Its a sad state of affairs and the second time this has happened to me.  You just never know what to expect and i am not gonna check the computer every morning so i lose.

that sucks. This seems to be so inconsistent. Well hopefully like one of the posters above said, they save seats to be open for reservations once you get on board. So hopefully you can book then. 

4 hours ago, resetjet said:

I was on Wonder on Feb.12 sailing last month and this happened to me also . 

I had just been on Symphony last October and was not able to reserve anything until I boarded the ship so assumed it would be the same . 

I just happened to check on here some time mid January to find out booking had opened up Jan.1/23 and was then only able to book some, as rest were sold out .

Was expecting to have to wait in the standby line for Aquashow and Comedy etc.

However , Upon boarding I checked the App and was able to book Aqua, and by day 2 I had snagged a spot for comedy . Whatever their system is makes no sense to me but don't be too discouraged ,. Hopefully it will work out for you as well

Cheers & GL

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

I was on Wonder on Feb.12 sailing last month and this happened to me also . 

I had just been on Symphony last October and was not able to reserve anything until I boarded the ship so assumed it would be the same . 

I just happened to check on here some time mid January to find out booking had opened up Jan.1/23 and was then only able to book some, as rest were sold out .

Was expecting to have to wait in the standby line for Aquashow and Comedy etc.

However , Upon boarding I checked the App and was able to book Aqua, and by day 2 I had snagged a spot for comedy . Whatever their system is makes no sense to me but don't be too discouraged ,. Hopefully it will work out for you as well

Cheers & GL

Yeah i just dont understand why they allow people to prebook all the shows they want and the rest have to take their chances.  Why not only 2 bookings per passenger in advance and then we can all fight it out onboard.  I hope this time is better.  Last time we got hosed.

4 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

Prebooking of shows is now available for Oasis class ships.

Log onto the cruise planner to do it.  Do not try to do it with the app.

it really depends on the cruise. We are 30 days away, and no - they are not open on our cruise yet.

5 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

it really depends on the cruise. We are 30 days away, and no - they are not open on our cruise yet.

It's a glitch then.  Theyre supposed to be available on the first of the month previous from now on.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusty_lock said:

It's a glitch then.  Theyre supposed to be available on the first of the month previous from now on.  

pretty nice glitch then. OP is on Harmony, we are on the Oasis. Neither can access the entertainment bookings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

pretty nice glitch then. OP is on Harmony, we are on the Oasis. Neither can access the entertainment bookings.

I don't know what to tell you...  It's been pretty well reported here on CC and on other sites that the first of the month previous entertainment comes available.  The fact that it hasn't happened this month sound like a system failure to me.  Not that any of us are surprised with Royal IT screw ups.  I'd just keep checking daily so that you don't get left out in the cold.  Almost everything was booked by Feb 5th for Mar 5th cruise.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Right?! 29 days out and it's not possible to book my April 1 Harmony cruise. 

1 hour ago, Rusty_lock said:

I don't know what to tell you...  It's been pretty well reported here on CC and on other sites that the first of the month previous entertainment comes available.  The fact that it hasn't happened this month sound like a system failure to me.  Not that any of us are surprised with Royal IT screw ups.  I'd just keep checking daily so that you don't get left out in the cold.  Almost everything was booked by Feb 5th for Mar 5th cruise.

Whether it's a glitch or something else, it's frustrating. I even received an email from RCCL saying it was time to reserve my shows! Guess what...it's not time. They're not open yet for bookings. 

• Like 2

Booking just opened up this morning around 10:30 am ET for my April 1 cruise on Harmony in 28 days. It isn't showing up on the app, but I could book it on my laptop using the website. 

• Like 3