Solstice Mexican Riviera March 4th-11th...Finally...let the saga...ahem, I mean live review begin!

Georgia_Peaches

This itinerary was never on our radar, however after some a "wow, we won't have to fly to the port" thought popped into my head, we booked this for Oct 28th of this year.  Its an 8 day itinerary with an overnight in Cabo,   We'll also be in Mazatlan for Dia De Los Muertos on Nov 1st.  Should be fun!!  

PS:  We've only cruised in a suite or Aqua.  We booked an OV since the price was so inexpensive(2k for both of us with all included and 250 OBC from our TA) and all the balconies were sold out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, calicakes said:

This itinerary was never on our radar, however after some a "wow, we won't have to fly to the port" thought popped into my head, we booked this for Oct 28th of this year.  Its an 8 day itinerary with an overnight in Cabo,   We'll also be in Mazatlan for Dia De Los Muertos on Nov 1st.  Should be fun!!  

We were in Cabo and Puerto Vallarta during Dia de los Muertos last year. Get to the Malecon in PV for  beautiful altars and Catrinas on display. 

50 minutes ago, Rtowncruiser said:

We were in Cabo and Puerto Vallarta during Dia de los Muertos last year. Get to the Malecon in PV for  beautiful altars and Catrinas on display. 

We will.  I believe PV is a few days before.  I love the Malecon. 

On 3/14/2023 at 4:43 PM, calicakes said:

PS:  We've only cruised in a suite or Aqua.  We booked an OV since the price was so inexpensive(2k for both of us with all included and 250 OBC from our TA) and all the balconies were sold out. 

I’m glad to know that Celebrity is/will still be offering this itinerary in the fall. I had read on CC that it was a one off for fall22/spring 2023 and after the 2023 Alaska season Solstice would transition over seas. @dlh015 might be interested in this info as well!  It’s a great itinerary that I think Celebrity would do well to keep on the books. We would definitely consider it again although I think we might better consider a road trip to the port instead of flying 😊

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 3/14/2023 at 2:43 PM, calicakes said:

I will be on the Eclipse for this cruise as well! We are in a Concierge Class Veranda. and cant wait!

I'm not sure why your Travel Agent said that there is no balconies There are many many balconies available. (I'm a travel agent too. Maybe the group booking their agency has was sold out) but right now I see you can get a Prime Veranda (2 available at this price) with the All Inclusive package withing my consortiums group for 2744.84, and there is one Partial View Veranda available for 2404.84 with the All Inclusive package. We have 2 AquaClass Verandas at 3444.84

Edited by binro01

1 minute ago, binro01 said:

I will be on the Eclipse for this cruise as well! We are in a Concierge Class Veranda. and cant wait!

I'm nor sure why your Travel Agent said that there is no balconies There are many many balconies available. (I'm a travel agent too. Maybe the group booking their agency has was sold out) but right now I see you can get a Prime Veranda (2 available at this price) with the All Inclusive package withing my consortiums group for 2744.84, and there is one Partial View Veranda available for 2404.84 with the All Inclusive package. 

So is the Eclipse taking over this itinerary when Solstice is done or will there be 2 ships?

3 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So is the Eclipse taking over this itinerary when Solstice is done or will there be 2 ships?

The Eclipse is there after the Alaska season this year. I love the overnight in Cabo that its doing

Edited by binro01
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, binro01 said:

I'm not sure why your Travel Agent said that there is no balconies There are many many balconies available. (I'm a travel agent too. Maybe the group booking their agency has was sold out) but right now I see you can get a Prime Veranda (2 available at this price) with the All Inclusive package withing my consortiums group for 2744.84, and there is one Partial View Veranda available for 2404.84 with the All Inclusive package. We have 2 AquaClass Verandas at 3444.84

Hi.  My TA didn't say there were none available.  When I went to price the cruise before contacting my TA, the website showed NO verandas( I did think that was strange).  We have another cruise on Oceania in September and a Celebrity cruise( Aqua) in February 2024( Great Barrier Reef) along with a trip to London/Paris in December, so I wanted to keep this cost down.  This will be a new experience for us.  I hope the weather is great so we can spend more time outside the room.  Or, if the move up offer is low, we'll go for a balcony. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2023 at 5:59 PM, SFOflyguy said:

" Oh, and of course, all the guys at the Martini Bar for my French 77s (a great twist on the French 75)."

I am a huge fan of the French Martini - but- I have not heard of this French 75 or 77.  I can't wait to try any and all variations next month on the Reflection!

Edited by ladylyn915

On 3/15/2023 at 6:51 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Eclipse will do 7 sailings of either 6 or 8 days from 10/22/23 to 12/1/23.  On 12/7 Eclipse heads off to Chile and does not return.

Solstice heads off to Asia/Australia after the Alaska season and does not return to LA.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2023 at 8:12 AM, calicakes said:

I hope the weather is great so we can spend more time outside the room. 

I have been to these ports in early November and the weather is absolutely beautiful with air temperatures in the upper 70s and low 80s. Plenty warm enough.

As you know the Pacific Ocean can be cool, but down in these ports you will find the water temperature to be in the low to mid 80s in early November. 

Edited by binro01
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 6:42 PM, phoenix_dream said:

We are sailing the 18th and 25th B2B in our first ever (and likely our last with current prices!) Royal Suite

So sorry for the late reply. By now you are well on your way. I hope you are having a wonderful cruise. Solstice is a great ship!  We were in room 1116 and enjoyed it very much!  Hopefully they are taking as good of care of you as they did of us. Happy cruising! 😊

20 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So sorry for the late reply. By now you are well on your way. I hope you are having a wonderful cruise. Solstice is a great ship!  We were in room 1116 and enjoyed it very much!  Hopefully they are taking as good of care of you as they did of us. Happy cruising! 😊

Thank you.  As a matter of fact that is our cabin too! You would not recognize the balcony.  On day 2 we returned to all new furniture.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2023 at 3:13 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

A day ahead is a thing of the past, I’m afraid. 

My thoughts exactly after my recent trip to Miami, complete with American Airline delays.  All of the delays for that trip were apparently due to mechanical issues.  

We are flying out (on American) Thursday enroute to Seattle to board the Solstice on Friday.  After the air travel fiasco of my last trip, I think I'm due non-stressful flights.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2023 at 2:00 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Well if it’s any consolation, live music can be found on the local bus into old town Puerto Vallarta. Lol. When we got on the bus there was a man playing a guitar and singing in the aisle. DH turned to me and said, “I guess we found your live music.”  😂

To be fair, it’s not that they don’t have any, it just doesn’t seem to be syncing with our schedule. 

Love your narrative. Your pictures are great as well. We won't be on the Solstice until early 2025 for a Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. We have a couple on the Reflection before we get to that one. 

2 hours ago, larry_s_taco said:

Love your narrative. Your pictures are great as well. We won't be on the Solstice until early 2025 for a Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. We have a couple on the Reflection before we get to that one. 

Thank you!  That cruise was definitely one for the record books. Reflection is one of my favorites!  That itinerary is on my bucket list, for sure!