Self service laundry

Bo1331

Does the Constellation have a self service laundromat on board.  We sailing soon for 10 days and saw the prices for laundry service on our pre cruise info.  Very steep.

Bags are not that big but if you roll your clothes tightly, you can get a fair bit into them.  If you have Elite status, you get one free bag washed and folded.  Elite + gets 2 bags.

3 hours ago, Bo1331 said:

Does the Constellation have a self service laundromat on board.  We sailing soon for 10 days and saw the prices for laundry service on our pre cruise info.  Very steep.

Celebrity Cruises has never had self service laundry on their ships 

• 1 month later...

I was surprised to read this! Our last two Celebrity cruises were just 5 and 7 day so it wasn't an issue but we're doing a 9 day European cruise next month and I had no idea! When we last did a long (12 day plus 3 days on then front end) British Isles cruise, we were on Princess and was able to wash our clothes twice during our cruise.  Yes I know they offer laundry service but the thought of having our clothes washed along with strangers somehow just skeeves me out.  That's a real shame to learn. I'm glad I came on here to look for this topic before we went! I definitely wouldn't have had enough underwear lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cruisegal415 said:

I was surprised to read this! Our last two Celebrity cruises were just 5 and 7 day so it wasn't an issue but we're doing a 9 day European cruise next month and I had no idea! When we last did a long (12 day plus 3 days on then front end) British Isles cruise, we were on Princess and was able to wash our clothes twice during our cruise.  Yes I know they offer laundry service but the thought of having our clothes washed along with strangers somehow just skeeves me out.  That's a real shame to learn. I'm glad I came on here to look for this topic before we went! I definitely wouldn't have had enough underwear lol.

I should mention that many people hand wash their unmentionables in the bathroom sink and it seems work out well for them.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, cruisegal415 said:

Yes I know they offer laundry service but the thought of having our clothes washed along with strangers somehow just skeeves me out. 

I bet it really "skeeves" you out to sleep on the sheets all those strangers have slept on and were washed together with all the other stranger's sheets.  😁

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, cruisegal415 said:

You might consider bringing your own sheets and towels then😵‍💫

On the Beyond in March they had a laundry special.   30 items for $59.  

We get 2 bags each for our loyalty but rarely use it.   I don’t know how they wash the stuff but it makes my pants shrink 😱🤷‍♂️🙄 even  though we request cold water wash only.  

If we send out anything it is stuff that isn’t expensive.   The elastic in the socks and underwear always seems to get ruined and I hate those iron on identification tags.   Some are hard to get off and sometimes they pull the threads when doing it and ruins the garment.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

3 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

We sailed 19 nights last August in carry on bags - used the wash and fold for everything but good clothes and it worked out fine.  I do have items that I will wash in cabin once and send out after the second wearing.  

We do 14 days ( 2-7 days cruises B2B) with just carryons. We are Elite Plus so we each get two bags per leg. We send everything out, no washing in the room. Saves the checked luggage fee and no waiting for luggage at the airport.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

We do 14 days ( 2-7 days cruises B2B) with just carryons. We are Elite Plus so we each get two bags per leg. We send everything out, no washing in the room. Saves the checked luggage fee and no waiting for luggage at the airport.

You are my hero! Can you share tips for packing for 14 days with just carryons? 

1 hour ago, cruisegal415 said:

You are my hero! Can you share tips for packing for 14 days with just carryons? 

As I think I mentioned, the 14 day cruise was two seven day cruises, B2B.

Actually it’s pretty easy since they did away with formal night. Since we each get two bags, per seven day cruise, we send in laundry about every other day.