Green Lane changed to Blue Lane

WhiskeyAndCards

I input all the required information into the Princess app some time ago and was given Green Lane. Upon checking my app today I see I’ve been put in Blue Lane and it shows as if there’s missing personal information and documents, but when I click on that tab it shows everything is completed. Any ideas what’s going on? Anyone else have this issue? The cruise is on the Discovery Princess in a few days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiskeyAndCards said:

I input all the required information into the Princess app some time ago and was given Green Lane. Upon checking my app today I see I’ve been put in Blue Lane and it shows as if there’s missing personal information and documents, but when I click on that tab it shows everything is completed. Any ideas what’s going on? Anyone else have this issue? The cruise is on the Discovery Princess in a few days.

Same here. I’ve seen it do this before but it usually works out fine on boarding day. We are boarding Discovery on Saturday. If that’s your sailing, are you joining our meet and greet Sunday 11am in Take Five?

3 hours ago, WhiskeyAndCards said:

I input all the required information into the Princess app some time ago and was given Green Lane. Upon checking my app today I see I’ve been put in Blue Lane and it shows as if there’s missing personal information and documents, but when I click on that tab it shows everything is completed. The cruise is on the Discovery Princess in a few days.

It may be that you now need to take care of the health questionnaire which must be done a day or two before the cruise.

This is something you could not have filled out earlier.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WhiskeyAndCards said:

I have a cruise on Discovery in May and the same thing happened to me- Green to Blue. Searched the app all over to see what was missing and nothing.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

It may be that you now need to take care of the health questionnaire which must be done a day or two before the cruise.

This is something you could not have filled out earlier.

I thought they got rid of health questionnaire?

5 hours ago, WhiskeyAndCards said:

I wouldn’t touch anything. Others reported it also.

They seem to do updates going into the weekend every week and it causes many  glitches.  

If you had a green prior, then you have completed your checkin.  Have fun.

1 hour ago, pedirn said:

I’m pretty sure they did.  We were on the Discovery last month and kept checking for the health questionnaire 24 hours before we sailed and one never showed up so we thought we’d have to do it at check-in, but there was no form and nobody asked!

• Like 1

We noticed that we had switched from Green Lane to Blue Lane on the transfer bus from the airport to the cruise terminal.  Other people on the transfer also noticed that they had switched from green to blue.  Once we re-authorized the credit card for the second person in the stateroom, we were green again.

2 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

We noticed that we had switched from Green Lane to Blue Lane on the transfer bus from the airport to the cruise terminal.  Other people on the transfer also noticed that they had switched from green to blue.  Once we re-authorized the credit card for the second person in the stateroom, we were green again.

Says there is a problem with the site. Mine did the same thing, the app still has both cc authorizations. 

7 hours ago, EconDoc said:

Same here. I’ve seen it do this before but it usually works out fine on boarding day. We are boarding Discovery on Saturday. If that’s your sailing, are you joining our meet and greet Sunday 11am in Take Five?

I guess we’ll just chalk it up to a glitch on the app, hopefully it won’t delay me too much at check in. I’ll check out the Meet&Greet thread now. 

6 hours ago, pedirn said:

I had to "fill" one out in December (did it with a phone call to Princess picking app help option) before a Princess cruise out of Galveston.

On 3/2/2023 at 11:56 PM, WhiskeyAndCards said:

I saw the same thing yesterday (3/3/2023) for our 3/19 cruise. I wandered around the app and finally found a place to select a boarding time. Since we have a Princess Airport Transfer that time is not up to me....but I selected a time anyway that sounded reasonable.

That did not immediately fix things from Blue again to Green....but opening the app about 30 minutes later we were again Green. Flaky app, what can I  say?

I'd not worry about it. As others have said, show up at the check in with passports and other pertinent docs (like a Travel Summary) and you will surely get on the ship.

Doug

• 4 months later...
On 3/4/2023 at 4:55 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

I saw the same thing yesterday (3/3/2023) for our 3/19 cruise. I wandered around the app and finally found a place to select a boarding time. Since we have a Princess Airport Transfer that time is not up to me....but I selected a time anyway that sounded reasonable.

That did not immediately fix things from Blue again to Green....but opening the app about 30 minutes later we were again Green. Flaky app, what can I  say?

I'd not worry about it. As others have said, show up at the check in with passports and other pertinent docs (like a Travel Summary) and you will surely get on the ship.

Doug

The App data used in the login process is stored on a server, not in your phone.  If you Internet connection is slow for any reason it will take a while to download the data.  Until that data is downloaded it will give the status as being incomplete.

If you have previously filled out some of the data.  Then it appears to be blank the when you log in check and see what the quality of your internet connection is.  In most cases if you try again later where you have a good internet location the data will be there.

1 hour ago, Candyman11 said:

Apparently if you were green lane but are picking up your medallion at the cruise port, they are changing us to blue

Yes, all the old posts are irrelevant since the whole process is changed and software is changed.  Whole new boarding pass page in the App.  PCL is saying they are simplifying the check-in "lanes".  Green Lane is all advance things completed and Medallion in hand (shipped).  Blue Lane is No Medallion even if all info is completed, plus missing info folks.  Seems dumb to me, but that is what they announced.  Also, a Gray lane for special needs guests.

• Like 1

They just switched ours also from green to blue.

I'm so tired of their updates in the program I'm just going to live with it especially since getting the medallion at the port isn't a big deal.

• Like 1