Silver moon first timer

Batchy65

It shows my lack of sophistication and fashion knowledge that I had no  idea  Louboutins were also for men, nor Jimmy Choos.  I remember an amusing moment (actually on Seabourn) when a woman had difficulty in getting on to a bar stool, and it was obvious that she did it to show off her red soles.

I would guess that you take a fairly large size, Davey, as I have the impression you are pretty tall.  Do they make their trotter coverers in large sizes?  Looking at ladies' shoes in Hong Kong, I was  bit shamed to see that none of them were available in a size over British 5.  Even in Britain they don't all come in my size, 8 .  (I am fairly tall).

16 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

And finally, smoking of cigarettes (and vapes, I guess) is allowed on one side of the pool deck.  Cigars are allowed in the Connoisseur's Corner, which on the Moon has both an indoor Lounge and a dedicated outside smoking area.  

Cigarette smoking is also allowed on one side of the deck outside the Panorama Lounge.

3 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Cigarette smoking is also allowed on one side of the deck outside the Panorama Lounge.

As of last November by corporate decree, Cigar smoking was allowed anywhere cigarette smoking is allowed.  There has been quite a bit written about it on previous threads.

I have had the impression for some time that Silversea has a much more liberal attitude to smoking than any other line.  It will please some, and bother others, of course.  

Apologies for the stuff about shoes - completely off piste on here.  should be on the Cooler.

Lola

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, drron29 said:

I also like to dress up though over the last 4 or so years it is dark trousers and a colourful jacket. However today was trying on my clothes after a substantial weight loss. Hey Presto I can fit into my dinner suit I wore in my twenties perfectly. There were always balls and formal dinners in rural Australia in the 70s and 80s.

And because it fits perfectly thats what I will wear on formal nights with a colourful bow tie.

But my pink jacket will also go for informal nights.

I frequently wore a Jacket and bow tie even when on the Explorer for significant nights.

Sir Les Paterson indeed 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

LOL  

Miss W (now I guess Dr W) and her hubby wore matching/complementary crocs on their wedding night for the reception.  Being Surgeons, crocs are kind of de riguer... and under a long dress no one actually sees them

For the ceremony she actually had Kate Spade Valencia  and he wore Salvatore Ferragamo..

https://zula.sg/kate-spade-summer-shoe-collection/

I think that company has been copying Django & Juliette.  

They have been making those style of heel and sole decorations for over 10 years, although the current shoes look quite plain by comparison.

16 hours ago, Port Power said:

I think that company has been copying Django & Juliette.  

They have been making those style of heel and sole decorations for over 10 years, although the current shoes look quite plain by comparison.

Kate Spade has had " out there" shoes like that since the 90s... more likely to be the other way around

Edited by MrsWaldo

4 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

Kate Spade has had " out there" shoes like that since the 90s... more likely to be the other way around

Whichever brand, I do like these interesting heels. And have a few pairs of my own!

(I hit the wrong keyboard button. The Australian brand launched in 2001. “Copying” was tongue in cheek in any case.)

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 6:08 AM, Batchy65 said:

Hello. We are travelling on the Silver Moon in around 6 weeks and although not our first cruise it's our first one with Silversea.

Hi Batchy65  -  we are another couple also  on the Silver Moon, we get on in Lisbon on 28 March for  54 days  so  we will be on board !  If you see a tall guy in a pink  dinner jacket and a bow tie  - that us  -   say  hello,  and if you  play trivia -  definitely find us !!