Just one more thing...

2flacruisers

8 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Last August on the Oosterdam we tried to upgrade when we first boarded and were told by a bartender with the standard HIA promo it was not possible to upgrade to Elite drinks. I talked with both the beverage manager and guest services supervisor and got the same reply. In 14 days, we never exceeded the 15-drink limit, but we did get our drinking water mostly from the Lido with our refillable insulated water bottles. I wish HAL had an option when booking to pay more and get the Elite DP and premium Wi-Fi in the HIA. We do have it for our 2024 Volendam NE/Canada cruise, but it was part of an Early Booking Promo.

Thank you...we decided to do the same thing....bringing our insulated bottles...I know we won't go over the 15-drink limit either...was just making sure we don't!

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That’s incorrect.  For several months now you only pay the difference, not the whole thing.

I believe what he meant was that if you exceed the 15 beverage limit in a day you'll pay full price for the 16th drink and onward, which is correct.

8 hours ago, KroozNut said:

We're doing just that, and recently purchased 2 refillable stainless steel water bottles for use onboard for our cruise next week on NS. Our plan is to refill them from the lido or our cabin sink as needed.

Just to confirm that these types of water bottles are okay for going ashore and returning?

Yes they are fine

21 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I believe what he meant was that if you exceed the 15 beverage limit in a day you'll pay full price for the 16th drink and onward, which is correct.

He quoted a person that was talking about a drink price over the $11 so I don’t think so.  And by the way don’t take your dirty reusable bottle up to the lido to fill it 🤮.  You talk about me washing clothes in the sink and you think that is ok?

33 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

He quoted a person that was talking about a drink price over the $11 so I don’t think so.  And by the way don’t take your dirty reusable bottle up to the lido to fill it 🤮.  You talk about me washing clothes in the sink and you think that is ok?

Yes, it is perfectly okay and acceptable to refill a reusable water bottle in the lido if it is done correctly, like I (of course) will do. I will never put my bottle directly up to the dispenser, but dispense the water in to a cup and then fill my bottle from the cup. This is the acceptable and sanitary way to do this.
And BTW, I wish you hadn't brought up the notion of washing your dirty clothes in the bathroom sink of your cabin again. I was just getting over the last time you mentioned it.. 😲

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Yes, it is perfectly okay and acceptable to refill a reusable water bottle in the lido if it is done correctly, like I (of course) will do. I will never put my bottle directly up to the dispenser, but dispense the water in to a cup and then fill my bottle from the cup. This is the acceptable and sanitary way to do this.

Exactly how I do it and it is even spelled out at the dispensers.

How do you feel about washing dirty clothes in the bath tub? LOL.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That’s incorrect.  For several months now you only pay the difference, not the whole thing.

Could you please post something from HAL which denotes this change.  I have been on a HAL cruise as recently as July 2022 and have always been charged full price for any drink purchased that is over the limit. In particular the Sake in the Tamerand

1 hour ago, MikeD4134 said:

Could you please post something from HAL which denotes this change.  I have been on a HAL cruise as recently as July 2022 and have always been charged full price for any drink purchased that is over the limit. In particular the Sake in the Tamerand

It's been discussed on here several times in the past few months. I believe the change may be 3 to 4 months old. You are only charged the difference the cost of the drink you ordered and the $11 beverage cost. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeD4134 said:

November 2022 Rotterdam

image.jpeg.3202043814fc1ed2f41454d7380c83b3.jpeg

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Re: beverage cards- I just asked Rowena in Dutch Cafe if they sold beverage cards on board, and she said no. I bought some pre-cruise and they were waiting in the cabin when we boarded. Just plain white cards with stickers on them reading "beverage card"...

What they do offer are steel mugs for $15 and then you get 25% off specialty coffees. We dont have the beverage pkg so it helps a bit.20230307_075643.thumb.jpg.42cf262edf822981834041a665cbf836.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Exactly how I do it and it is even spelled out at the dispensers.

How do you feel about washing dirty clothes in the bath tub? LOL.

There is no bathtub on the pinnacle ships until you get up to a signature suite I believe.  That’s where I would normally wash clothes.  I can’t believe how some react to such a silly thing 🙄.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

There is no bathtub on the pinnacle ships until you get up to a signature suite I believe.  That’s where I would normally wash clothes.  I can’t believe how some react to such a silly thing 🙄.

Our last few HAL cruises have been on Vista ships in Signature Suites, last year after being gone from home for over 30 days that bathtub in our cabin came in handy. We tried the ship's laundry once and they ruined a couple of our items.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I do use the ship laundry, and I've never had to resort to the bathtub to wash anything large. However, I have often used the sink for washing, especially if I've spilled something and need to wash the item right away before a stain sets. I had no idea that was a weird thing to do. 

To get back to beverage questions, I didn't see the coffee mug on my recent cruise, but I wasn't looking for one. I get a 4-star discount on coffees, and I doubt they'd give me another 25% off. On Eurodam, I got my special coffee in the Pinnacle bar and asked for it in a china cup and saucer because a good coffee deserves a proper cup, and I didn't mind drinking my coffee there, by a window.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I do use the ship laundry, and I've never had to resort to the bathtub to wash anything large. However, I have often used the sink for washing, especially if I've spilled something and need to wash the item right away before a stain sets. I had no idea that was a weird thing to do. 

To get back to beverage questions, I didn't see the coffee mug on my recent cruise, but I wasn't looking for one. I get a 4-star discount on coffees, and I doubt they'd give me another 25% off. On Eurodam, I got my special coffee in the Pinnacle bar and asked for it in a china cup and saucer because a good coffee deserves a proper cup, and I didn't mind drinking my coffee there, by a window.

Yes I have free laundry too.  It’s about damaging or shrinking clothing.  I’ve had it happen.  

37 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

For what it's worth, they said 4 star get another 25% off. The mugs are sold at Dutch cafe.

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Actually, there is a tub in one of the bathrooms in Family OV.

Not trying to raise a ruckus, but why is washing dirty clothes in the sink causing such heebie jeebies?  I guess if one uses it as a wash basin with the stopper closed, then knowing there had been dirty socks in there would understandably be off-putting.  Does anyone do that though? But then I have to wonder where people are spitting out the germs in their mouths while brushing their teeth?

On the few occasions when I washed clothes in my cabin, it’s been in a bag in the sink, because I didn’t want to risk gross toothpaste or soap bits on my clothes!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SuzWillCruise said:

Not trying to raise a ruckus, but why is washing dirty clothes in the sink causing such heebie jeebies?  I guess if one uses it as a wash basin with the stopper closed, then knowing there had been dirty socks in there would understandably be off-putting.  Does anyone do that though? But then I have to wonder where people are spitting out the germs in their mouths while brushing their teeth?

On the few occasions when I washed clothes in my cabin, it’s been in a bag in the sink, because I didn’t want to risk gross toothpaste or soap bits on my clothes!

😱

On 3/7/2023 at 8:49 AM, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes I have free laundry too.  It’s about damaging or shrinking clothing.  I’ve had it happen.  

If they damage something go to guest services and you will be reimbursed.  We have had free laundry for about 5 years with lots of loads going out and only twice have had an issue.

8 hours ago, SuzWillCruise said:

I rinse the sink to check for soap bits before I wash anything. I've never heard of people being bothered about this until now. Lots of people must wash things out in a sink when they travel. Tide and Woolite wouldn't make those little travel packets if there wasn't a market for them. 

• Like 3

On 3/6/2023 at 10:15 PM, KroozNut said:

And BTW, I wish you hadn't brought up the notion of washing your dirty clothes in the bathroom sink of your cabin again. I was just getting over the last time you mentioned it.. 😲

And you have felt free to lecture others about their tone and postings. Why be so negative?

• Thanks 1