JS embarkation question

I haven’t booked a JS in years, and have one in a few months.  My question is does JS category get to use the Suites check in line?  I think so, and it appears like it on the RCCL web site.  But I don’t want to try to use that one if JS is excluded.  I’m already aware that JS doesn’t get the Suite Lounge.  Thanks.

JS had suite priority boarding in Galveston a few weeks back.  But note there are discussions around RCCL's new verbiage on suite classes.  JS are in Sea Class I believe.  And this FAQ says that prio boarding is no longer included.  YMMV by date of sailing, port personnel, and RCCL's ability to be consistently inconsistent.

Not Included

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

Included

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program

• Like 2

At least currently, your set sail pass is marked "Suites". The port personnel have no way of differentiating between "junior" suites and "real" suites. They just point you to the Suites check in line and waiting area. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Warning: Conflicting information ahead ... 

• When I boarded in Orlando recently I am 110% certain they announced, "Boarding for Suites and The Key is over here ... this does not include Junior Suites".  
  • My daughter thought I was wrong, and she called to ask (as her family is in a JS for our upcoming family cruise), and they told her JSes do get priority boarding. 
  • This makes me think (like so many other things) the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing. 
  • Regardless, anyone can get a 10:30 boarding pass and can be onboard within 30 minutes of the suite passengers.  I don't see priority boarding as a reason to book a suite.  
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Just printed our set sail passes and luggage tags for our JS, which used to say "Suite" but now they don't, so now not sure what line we'll be in to board the ship. Guess we'll see.

There have been a couple of threads about this as some are seeing suite missing from their set sail pass and also their C&A status.  One person had to show their invoice at the port to be allowed into the suite area.  Seems to be a recent change from a software update which might not have been a planned change.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

When I boarded in Orlando recently I am 110% certain they announced, "Boarding for Suites and The Key is over here ... this does not include Junior Suites".  

I can say that I was on Independence of the Seas out of Port Canaveral two weeks ago. I was staying in a JS and did board with the suite guests.

Edited by Daghis
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Daghis said:

I can say that I was on Independence of the Seas out of Port Canaveral two weeks ago. I was staying in a JS and did board with the suite guests.

And that is exactly what they allow....JS as suites for embarkation.  And thanks for the correct name of the port...as Port Canaveral...not "Orlando"  😉