Early Booking Bonus Europe-$300 Onboard Credit, Unlimited WiFi for one device, Premium Beverage for inside/OV also?

elaine5

Does Early Booking Bonus on Europe 2023  $300 Onboard Credit, Unlimited WiFi for one device, Premium Beverage Package for Two apply also to inside/OV cabins? When I make a sample booking, I get this link for my inside cabin selection: 

Early Booking Bonus on Europe 2023 Sailings

Save 20% + $300 Onboard Credit, Unlimited WiFi for one device, Premium Beverage Package for Two.

But, on the terms and conditions on the main page, I see this in terms and conditions:

Offer provides 20% off cruise fares of all stateroom categories. Offer also provides a complimentary Experience More Essentials Package (inclusive of $300 USD Shore Excursion Onboard Credit [OBC], Unlimited WiFi for one device, and a Premium Beverage Package for Two) per stateroom, for guests booked in Veranda and Suite stateroom categories.

12 hours ago, laurieb said:

What you’ve posted is correct.  You’ll get the discount on inside and ocean view, but no pack/OBC unless you book veranda or above.

I’ve just had a look, and OBC is offered for OV and inside, but not the experience more package.  Azamara has two different promotions going on right now, their “best sale ever” and then their “early booking bonus”.  Looks like the early booking bonus, which offers the experience more package, applies to some sailings November onward, verandah and above.

Edited by laurieb

so, I was looking at that promo as well.  Is the price listed on the webpage a net price after the 20% or is 20% taken off after booking?  Could not seem to find the details clearly spelled out, for an Azamara newbee

On 3/6/2023 at 2:14 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

Easy way to find out, go through a mock booking process - the price you see is the price you pay.

so we found out that the website price IS the 20% discounted price.  The website is very confusing for a first time booking, but so long as we know.  

The good news is that Mrs Banjo and I are booked on B to B cruises in January from Ft Lauderdale to Papeete.  We were originally booked on a similar Silversea cruise for 2022, but Covid canceled that and Silversea has not put this IT back onto their offerings.  So, we are very excited to  be making up for lost time and looking forward to the boutique ships of Azamara.  Actually, we did sail on another R Class ship previously with Princess Cruises and we loved the size and layout, so almost like coming home.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

Actually, we did sail on another R Class ship previously with Princess Cruises and we loved the size and layout, so almost like coming home.

Coming home after a $55 million renovation!  Everything you liked about the Princess R-ship should be amped up on Azamara.  Enjoy!

• Like 3

What is the experience more package please? Is this a different way to use the $300 OBC? 

We are looking  at a Spain intensive, and an Italy intensive  next year and it shows the Early Booking bonus. Is this considered a good sale promotion for Azamara or do they typically offer deeper discounts off their published fares?  

On 3/5/2023 at 10:21 AM, elaine5 said:

Does Early Booking Bonus on Europe 2023  $300 Onboard Credit, Unlimited WiFi for one device, Premium Beverage Package for Two apply also to inside/OV cabins? When I make a sample booking, I get this link for my inside cabin selection: 

Early Booking Bonus on Europe 2023 Sailings

Save 20% + $300 Onboard Credit, Unlimited WiFi for one device, Premium Beverage Package for Two.

But, on the terms and conditions on the main page, I see this in terms and conditions:

Offer provides 20% off cruise fares of all stateroom categories. Offer also provides a complimentary Experience More Essentials Package (inclusive of $300 USD Shore Excursion Onboard Credit [OBC], Unlimited WiFi for one device, and a Premium Beverage Package for Two) per stateroom, for guests booked in Veranda and Suite stateroom categories.

We are booked for Oct 2023 and dont see this available.  Upon searching for other European cruises I dont see this at all.  Best I could see is $300 OBC and 40 pc off.  Is this only on certain cruises?  TIA

25 minutes ago, SuziQ1 said:

We are booked for Oct 2023 and dont see this available.  Upon searching for other European cruises I dont see this at all.  Best I could see is $300 OBC and 40 pc off.  Is this only on certain cruises?  TIA

It depends how far in advance you book, our October 2023 cruise was originally booked in August 2021 and includes this promotion but our March 2023 cruise booked in June 2022 doesn’t.

The only indication that you have this promotion is the code EXMO ESS in the promotions applied box on your confirmation.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2023 at 9:34 AM, Vineyard View said:

What is the experience more package please? Is this a different way to use the $300 OBC? 

We are looking  at a Spain intensive, and an Italy intensive  next year and it shows the Early Booking bonus. Is this considered a good sale promotion for Azamara or do they typically offer deeper discounts off their published fares?  

So, this isn’t a sale, more an incentive for booking early.  It is a discount of published fares plus the OBC, premium drink package.  It’s always hard to say if better pricing will come along.  If it does, you should be able to rebook for the better sale.  We booked our 2024 cruises last year and they include the early booking bonus.

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

It depends how far in advance you book, our October 2023 cruise was originally booked in August 2021 and includes this promotion but our March 2023 cruise booked in June 2022 doesn’t.

The only indication that you have this promotion is the code EXMO ESS in the promotions applied box on your confirmation.

Thanks.  We just booked in January and the fare has gone up quite a bit!

Thank you both very much! I appreciate knowing that there is a rebook opportunity as well. We are just very torn between the two itineraries. We have been to many of the ports in Italy but have friends who would like to join us who have not and are later focused on Italy for the first time, which would be fun to view from that lens.  There are more ports in the Spain itinerary we haven’t been to. I am not so not sure what the historical offerings are on some of the ports that I have looked at on this itinerary, while others draw me in. And then there is this….having the opportunity to consider both and how lucky we are. 

Edited by Vineyard View
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1