Can I bring juice/pop onboard?

16 minutes ago, onelessbelltoanswer said:

Hi! Years ago I could bring a bottle of Cranberry juice onboard Princess. Is this still the case? What about a 6 pack of pop and a 6 pack of water? 

This is their Passage Contract statement about bringing non-alcoholic drinks which prohibits them in bottles although enforcement may vary.

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

All checked and carry-on luggage will be scanned and any prohibited items, including alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages will be removed, confiscated, and discarded. If Your luggage is locked, the lock may be removed by security or, alternatively, the luggage will be held by security until You can be present for an inspection and any items in question further identified and/or surrendered. Carrier shall not be responsible for any loss, cost, disappointment or damage of any kind as a result of any luggage lock removal, alcoholic/nonalcoholic items, or other prohibited items removed and discarded in violation of the policy.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, julie3fan said:

I've successfully packed a 12 pack of canned sodas in each of the 3 suitcases me and DH check with the porters.  None have ever appeared to have been opened.  YMMV.

In the past we have checked a 12 pack carton of soda with our large luggage at San Francisco port and all was delivered to our room, and will do the same next weekend. If they discard it as "prohibited", we have only lost a few dollars worth of soda - no big deal. 

Edited by Joy Bunny
  • Like 1

Probably an unnecessary comment...but I have to reply because I like your name OP....

If ever YMMV was the best answer, this would be the question.

The rules are stated so they can object.  However, after a long deliberation on my cruise last March on Sky out of Ft. Lauderdale, I did an experiment.  I am a Diet Dr Pepper addict.  I put plastic bottles surrounded by a beach towel I didn't care about in a carry on, slapped on luggage tag, gave it to the porter and it arrived in my room.  I also carried on a bottles through the scanner and walked on the ship successfully. Joy bunny hit in on the head for me - not a huge gamble monetarily if I lost.

I like the bottles so I can reseal and put back in the mini fridge.

One less egg to fry......🎼

Edited by ColoradoMom!!
  • Thanks 1

We have brought a 12pk  of canned soda and sparkling water. We were prepared to carry it on in FLL (we had it in a cloth  tote bag) but the gentleman checking our luggage said we could just give it to him and he would take care of it. I figured I would give it a try, tipped him nicely and went on my way.  I was pleasantly surprised to see it showed up with our luggage.