Medical Emergency CXL - email proof for FFC or refund

crbnlvr

DH is in the hospital.  We were sailing Saturday (did not buy insurance).

CC agent said we could email Celebritycvpexecutive@celebrity.com with documentation and the MAY give a FCC or refund but it's up to them.

Anyone have experience or care to opine?

TYIA

Edited by crbnlvr

Hope your DH recovers quickly and completely. Cash is always better than FCC and if offered I would take it. If FCC is offered I would say use it as quickly as possible. If you used a credit card to pay be sure to check with the credit card issuers tfind out their policy. 

As already stated , you might as well ask.

And post #3 if you used a credit card is good advice...see if it has any coverage for this kind of event...

Good luck and best wishes for your DH!

• Thanks 1

My husband had a medical emergency the day of embarkation. I did follow up with Celebrity and received a partial FCC for the monies paid. It did require a lot of documentation and follow up, however I was pleased with the  response and we able to use it this past year. 

Good Luck and best wishes for your DH 

• Thanks 1

Not sure the issue but.... I was in the Emergency room on a Thursday night and sailed on that Saturday..... with a lot of drugs.  lol

So don't rule out the cruise.....  Again, no idea of the issue so it might not be feasible......  My thought was if I'm going to be in some pain, I might as well do it on a cruise then sitting at home. 

Wish you the best

Edited by Duanerice1

Doesn't hurt to call.  Four years ago we were within a week of cruising when my sister-in-law passed away.  I called Celebrity and they moved us to the next sailing.  Three days before the sailing they moved us to my husband had to have emergency surgery.  Called Celebrity again and they moved our sailing out as far as possible.  I had to move it numerous times during COVID and we are now scheduled for June 2023.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly between now and then and while on the ship.   We did have insurance but I just could not ask my brother for a copy of my SILs death certificate for an insurance claim.  Moving the cruise around with Celebrity was and has been the best option for us.  Hope everything goes well with your husband.

• Thanks 1

yes, we had to cancel at last minute due to medical emergency.  This was before pandemic so things may have changed.  surgeon gave me a letter indicating that I was unable to travel. That was submitted to X.  (we did not have their travel insurance ). received a future cruise credit, not 100% but very fair.