Live from Sky Princess! - March 4-11 & 11-18 B2B - East & West Caribbean

corncat

22 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I read the whole thing…and just went back to the part on March 10, where you said you I didn’t have a window. Aren’t they moving passengers to balconies anymore? Or…did you request to just stay in your inside cabin? 

The ship was full last week and is again this week. I don't think they are moving anyone anymore. 

14 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

If I thought that I had Covid I would get tested.  I would feel horrible if someone caught Covid from me, and was extremely ill or worse.  

This is exactly how I feel! I have chronic illnesses with many of the symptoms that are also covid symptoms, so as soon as I felt something that was out of my "normal" I went to get tested. I am glad I mostly kept to myself before I got it anyway, so there is less chance that I gave it to many people. There is a lot of guilt that comes with a positive test result. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, corncat said:

The ship was full last week and is again this week. I don't think they are moving anyone anymore. 

19 minutes ago, corncat said:

This is exactly how I feel! I have chronic illnesses with many of the symptoms that are also covid symptoms, so as soon as I felt something that was out of my "normal" I went to get tested. I am glad I mostly kept to myself before I got it anyway, so there is less chance that I gave it to many people. There is a lot of guilt that comes with a positive test result. 

I understand why people feel guilt, but you did the right thing. When you know better, you do better.
Thanks for the response. Silly us, we assumed they would still move people. We booked an inside, since that’s all there was left that we could afford. Fingers crossed….

• Like 1

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - Sea Day

Got up for breakfast at the buffet with a couple pastries and fruit. Tried one of the yogurt granola parfait things. It was disgusting. Pastries and fruit were delightful though!

Then off to Knitters and Knatters! Met a couple new friends and had a lovely time. A little grandma who didn't speak a word of English (Chinese I think?) stopped on her way past to look at the blackwork embroidery I was making. She was so enthusiastic and excited, even though we didn't speak the same language. I am going to make her a little blackwork bookmark this week to give her at the end of the cruise. Her joy was so contagious and she made my day. 

Today the lido deck was PACKED. Lots of kids and all the chairs filled. It was a beautiful sunny day, so it wasn't surprising. 

I decided to check out the art auction in Princess Live because I have never been to one before. It was a lot of fun! There are so many different styles of different art that they are offering and the auction was very lively and fun. Even if you aren't there to buy art, they make you feel included. I stayed for the full thing and was flabbergasted at the prices of some of the pieces. But they sure were beautiful! Definitely some pieces I would get if I had the money! Haha! 

During the day, Princess Live is well air conditioned, especially on the far side. This is nice, but be aware that if you are wearing shorts; you will get chilly in there pretty quick. And that is coming from a Canadian! 

Then it was off to steel pan class with Wilson again! He is so wonderful. The class was fun. We learned Oh When The Saints Go Marching In again. I am excited to get to do the second half of the program and the recital this week! 

Next I headed to the Piazza to watch the Cha Cha class! One of the entertainment staff is a professional dancer apparently, so he has been doing some dance classes. There were lots of people participating and having fun! 

Headed back to the room for a nap. Forgot to set an alarm but by some miracle woke up at exactly the time I needed to! It was formal night, so got a little dressed up! Went up to the buffet and had a great dinner. 

On our way down to the show that night, we stopped at one of the many photo stations set up on board. They took a few photos of us and it was fun! 

We also stopped at the Piazza to catch the dance performance before the champagne waterfall. Last week on one of the port days we saw the new cast rehearsing in the Piazza for this, so we were so happy to see them doing it for the first time now! It was very good and the little surprise part was so funny and entertaining. i don't want to spoil the surprise, but I will say I audibly gasped! 

Then it was on to Rock Opera. And it was actually Rock Opera this time! I have heard so much hype about this show so I was very excited to see it. And I was... a little disappointed I guess? I never really had a WOW moment like I did in the other two shows. Rock Opera is more of a concert with some dancing and fancy dresses; which I'm sure is great for a lot of people! But I was expecting at least somewhat of a story line like the others had. 

The new cast was FANTASTIC!! They had a great opening night and are so talented! I am excited to see them again. The singer that was Player One in 5 Skies last week (whose voice I LOVED), is still on board and a part of this new cast too apparently! I was thrilled to see him up there again! 

All of the dancers are very talented and fun to watch. The blonde girl in particular is very elegant and entrancing to watch. She also definitely had all the best costumes in this show. 

The other one that constantly caught my eye was the asian dancer. She was expressive and you could really see and feel the emotion through her dancing. Her facial expressions were excellent and her stage presence was so natural and bright. 

It was also really great to see the entire cast, including the dancers, mic-ed up for this show!! The other two shows only the singers had mics. It was really great to showcase everyones talents as "Dancers that Sing" (job title often shown in theatre auditions). 

Despite the show not being my favourite show or personal cup of tea, I did really enjoy it and I can see why others love it so much. I have seen a lot of hate for 5 Skies, but I think that was my favourite one so far! It just goes to show how much variety they have and how they have something for everyone to enjoy.

By looking at Journey View, I can see there is only one other production show this week: Spotlight Bar. I assume they also have 5 Skies coming, but not on this cruise. The next cruise this ship is doing is a 14 night transatlantic, so with all the technical moving parts in that show, I would imagine they will do the tech rehearsals and polishing over the next couple weeks to get it up and ready. I really hope they are keeping all three shows on board. 

I decided I didn't need to see Rock Opera a second time, and headed to the Vista Lounge for the Marriage Match game show. Everyone else in the ship had the same idea, but I had a better one. Instead of slowly snaking from the front of deck 7 to the back with the entire crowd, we went up the aft stairs to deck 8, speed walked down an empty hallway all the way to the forward stairwell, and were deposited right into the Vista Lounge and skipped the crowd! Saved us at least 5 minutes. 

It was still pretty full when we got there, but a very helpful server offered to find us two chairs and make us a spot and it turned out great! 

The game show was sooooooo funny and entertaining!! Definitely go watch this if you have the chance. Our cruise director, Paul, is so great and has wonderful natural comedy. 

After the game show it was off to bed. What a great day!! 

• Like 1

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - Sea Day

Got up for breakfast at the buffet with a couple pastries and fruit. Tried one of the yogurt granola parfait things. It was disgusting. Pastries and fruit were delightful though!

Then off to Knitters and Knatters! Met a couple new friends and had a lovely time. A little grandma who didn't speak a word of English (Chinese I think?) stopped on her way past to look at the blackwork embroidery I was making. She was so enthusiastic and excited, even though we didn't speak the same language. I am going to make her a little blackwork bookmark this week to give her at the end of the cruise. Her joy was so contagious and she made my day. 

Today the lido deck was PACKED. Lots of kids and all the chairs filled. It was a beautiful sunny day, so it wasn't surprising. 

I decided to check out the art auction in Princess Live because I have never been to one before. It was a lot of fun! There are so many different styles of different art that they are offering and the auction was very lively and fun. Even if you aren't there to buy art, they make you feel included. I stayed for the full thing and was flabbergasted at the prices of some of the pieces. But they sure were beautiful! Definitely some pieces I would get if I had the money! Haha! 

During the day, Princess Live is well air conditioned, especially on the far side. This is nice, but be aware that if you are wearing shorts; you will get chilly in there pretty quick. And that is coming from a Canadian! 

Then it was off to steel pan class with Wilson again! He is so wonderful. The class was fun. We learned Oh When The Saints Go Marching In again. I am excited to get to do the second half of the program and the recital this week! 

Next I headed to the Piazza to watch the Cha Cha class! One of the entertainment staff is a professional dancer apparently, so he has been doing some dance classes. There were lots of people participating and having fun! 

Headed back to the room for a nap. Forgot to set an alarm but by some miracle woke up at exactly the time I needed to! It was formal night, so got a little dressed up! Went up to the buffet and had a great dinner. 

On our way down to the show that night, we stopped at one of the many photo stations set up on board. They took a few photos of us and it was fun! 

We also stopped at the Piazza to catch the dance performance before the champagne waterfall. Last week on one of the port days we saw the new cast rehearsing in the Piazza for this, so we were so happy to see them doing it for the first time now! It was very good and the little surprise part was so funny and entertaining. i don't want to spoil the surprise, but I will say I audibly gasped! 

Then it was on to Rock Opera. And it was actually Rock Opera this time! I have heard so much hype about this show so I was very excited to see it. And I was... a little disappointed I guess? I never really had a WOW moment like I did in the other two shows. Rock Opera is more of a concert with some dancing and fancy dresses; which I'm sure is great for a lot of people! But I was expecting at least somewhat of a story line like the others had. 

The new cast was FANTASTIC!! They had a great opening night and are so talented! I am excited to see them again. The singer that was Player One in 5 Skies last week (whose voice I LOVED), is still on board and a part of this new cast too apparently! I was thrilled to see him up there again! 

All of the dancers are very talented and fun to watch. The blonde girl in particular is very elegant and entrancing to watch. She also definitely had all the best costumes in this show. 

The other one that constantly caught my eye was the asian dancer. She was expressive and you could really see and feel the emotion through her dancing. Her facial expressions were excellent and her stage presence was so natural and bright. 

It was also really great to see the entire cast, including the dancers, mic-ed up for this show!! The other two shows only the singers had mics. It was really great to showcase everyones talents as "Dancers that Sing" (job title often shown in theatre auditions). 

Despite the show not being my favourite show or personal cup of tea, I did really enjoy it and I can see why others love it so much. I have seen a lot of hate for 5 Skies, but I think that was my favourite one so far! It just goes to show how much variety they have and how they have something for everyone to enjoy.

By looking at Journey View, I can see there is only one other production show this week: Spotlight Bar. I assume they also have 5 Skies coming, but not on this cruise. The next cruise this ship is doing is a 14 night transatlantic, so with all the technical moving parts in that show, I would imagine they will do the tech rehearsals and polishing over the next couple weeks to get it up and ready. I really hope they are keeping all three shows on board. 

I decided I didn't need to see Rock Opera a second time, and headed to the Vista Lounge for the Marriage Match game show. Everyone else in the ship had the same idea, but I had a better one. Instead of slowly snaking from the front of deck 7 to the back with the entire crowd, we went up the aft stairs to deck 8, speed walked down an empty hallway all the way to the forward stairwell, and were deposited right into the Vista Lounge and skipped the crowd! Saved us at least 5 minutes. 

It was still pretty full when we got there, but a very helpful server offered to find us two chairs and make us a spot and it turned out great! 

The game show was sooooooo funny and entertaining!! Definitely go watch this if you have the chance. Our cruise director, Paul, is so great and has wonderful natural comedy. 

After the game show it was off to bed. What a great day!! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Thanks for the response. Silly us, we assumed they would still move people. We booked an inside, since that’s all there was left that we could afford. Fingers crossed….

The inside rooms are really nice! The only time I've wished maybe we had a window or a balcony has been when I was in isolation, but even then, I was mostly just sleeping so it wasn't bad! For the price, I would definitely do an inside cabin again. If you turn on the "Bridge Cam" on your tv in the room, you can see outside live and its like having a window! And if you want to go out, its super easy to just go out onto the public decks or windows around the ship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, corncat said:

The inside rooms are really nice! The only time I've wished maybe we had a window or a balcony has been when I was in isolation, but even then, I was mostly just sleeping so it wasn't bad! For the price, I would definitely do an inside cabin again. If you turn on the "Bridge Cam" on your tv in the room, you can see outside live and its like having a window! And if you want to go out, its super easy to just go out onto the public decks or windows around the ship. 

We love the sideways inside cabins. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, corncat said:

Thanks so much. We’ve done the inside sideways cabins and like those, too.

We’ll be just fine and I do like the dark rooms. We have stayed in all sorts of cabins, and liked them all. 

I was just surprised to hear a balcony was not offered to you  with Covid, since it’s still on their site.
If we are unlucky enough, you can bet I’ll be asking for a balcony, though. 

37 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

The trouble is, that sets a precedent.  

Not to say you won't get one, but if the ship us full, you will be unlucky. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Thanks so much. We’ve done the inside sideways cabins and like those, too.

We’ll be just fine and I do like the dark rooms. We have stayed in all sorts of cabins, and liked them all. 

I was just surprised to hear a balcony was not offered to you  with Covid, since it’s still on their site.

From the Princess site: they only say that you will "most likely" be moved and don't mention a balcony...

Anyone reporting or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be reviewed by the shipboard medical staff and tested.

Positive cases that do not require admission to the ship’s medical center, or medical disembarkation, will most likely be moved to a different stateroom for the duration of isolation

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

From the Princess site: they only say that you will "most likely" be moved and don't mention a balcony...

Anyone reporting or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be reviewed by the shipboard medical staff and tested.

Positive cases that do not require admission to the ship’s medical center, or medical disembarkation, will most likely be moved to a different stateroom for the duration of isolation

I fully understand. I am just going by what I have read happened in the past, to other passengers. 

On 3/13/2023 at 1:54 AM, Happiest when cruising said:

As soon as you talked about the migraines, I just knew what was coming. I’m glad you are able to carry on with your cruise and you feel ok. 

Yes we were surprised  by feather pillows. Also really enjoyed  spotlight bar..& Gelato!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, celebrityxxo said:

Yes we were surprised  by feather pillows. Also really enjoyed  spotlight bar..& Gelato!

I am allergic to feather pillows. I hope to get something else onboard.