Anybody with recent Concierge Desk email response issues?

Hello -

Doing my first Haven experience on the Prima 4/2 and following the advice of others have tried to email the Concierge desk at the appropriate email twice with no response. My work schedule really does not allow for M-F 9-6 EST leisure calls and I was hoping to get some initial info in writing regarding dinner reservations etc. Has the general experience been calling is the only way to get help? Thanks for input.

Just write an email.  What is so urgent? 

I used to slam them for taking requests but never getting to ship.  I will say our last several have been very good.  From past history, they don't tend to respond too long before trip but more like within 30 days.

Others, ymmv.

2 hours ago, CruiseManMikeFromPA said:

Hello -

Doing my first Haven experience on the Prima 4/2 and following the advice of others have tried to email the Concierge desk at the appropriate email twice with no response. My work schedule really does not allow for M-F 9-6 EST leisure calls and I was hoping to get some initial info in writing regarding dinner reservations etc. Has the general experience been calling is the only way to get help? Thanks for input.

We also booked a Haven for the first time, on the Bliss in May. I emailed the concierge and after more than a week with no response I went ahead and called them. I agree with the times being difficult because of work, but I just did it on my lunch break one day. Got through quickly and they were very helpful.

I emailed the concierge a few days ago about my upcoming cruise. The response did meet the 48 hour timeframe they state in the auto-response...barely, but it did. 

It's the first time they were helpful to me. I've definitely slammed the concierge desk before as they are not typically helpful. We'll actually see if the message gets to the shipboard team. 

Previously, I have had to follow up my emails with another email to receive a response. That is probably the route you need to take if you don't want to call. Trust me, I'm not a fan of making phone calls either!

i emailed my requests and did not get a response.  that said, they did do what i asked which was to have my fridge emptied and i requested a spa appointment without me having to ask again on board.  so i think simple stuff they are just taking care of and maybe dont have time to reply.  

Thank you all, I did wait until less than 30 days since the concierge had not reached out on their own as my NCL agent indicated they should. I also emailed twice with a week plus gap. I did hear back this AM and now am able to get some info and move forward. Thanks for the input.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BostonGal35 said:

i emailed my requests and did not get a response.  that said, they did do what i asked which was to have my fridge emptied and i requested a spa appointment without me having to ask again on board.  so i think simple stuff they are just taking care of and maybe dont have time to reply.  

When you had them make the spa appointment, did you receive any type of confirmation beforehand?   I made two this morning by phone call and thought I would receive a confirmation.   Now I am questioning if it was done.

3 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

When you had them make the spa appointment, did you receive any type of confirmation beforehand?   I made two this morning by phone call and thought I would receive a confirmation.   Now I am questioning if it was done.

no, but when i arrived at the Haven i checked in at the spa counter and they had me down and had me confirm date and time was ok.  i also had a card in my stateroom.    

31 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

no, but when i arrived at the Haven i checked in at the spa counter and they had me down and had me confirm date and time was ok.  i also had a card in my stateroom.    

Thank you.  I will verify when we board.   

The concierge desk only promises to help you select Regular or Decaf coffee and pillows. Anything else is a bonus.

Wrt dining, the pre-concierge does not have the ability to do anything you can’t do yourself. The onboard “real” concierge can oversell a sold out restaurant or show. 

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The concierge desk only promises to help you select Regular or Decaf coffee and pillows. Anything else is a bonus.

Wrt dining, the pre-concierge does not have the ability to do anything you can’t do yourself. The onboard “real” concierge can oversell a sold out restaurant or show. 

They booked two restaurants for us? I sent my letter a few weeks ago and got a reply within a week stated all request would be forwarded for the cruise and reservations were made for the two specialty dining we requested.

Maybe I got lucky, I will also bring the letter from them when we board next month, just in case 😊.

I emailed them Sunday night and got my response this afternoon, so just under 48 hours.

I’ve emailed them requests because every cruise and they’ve always taken care of what I ask for.

It’s all just room set up stuff though… I don’t ask them to book anything for me.

I have had the concierge desk cancel shore excursions for me in the past. Of course I could have...but my aversion to being on the phone, ya know. I actually don't care for chat with agents either. My heart can't take the stress of arguing with a computer screen.

It took 11 days for an email response from the concierge but when they responded they said they had made all of my requests. I think they may respond quicker if your cruise is closer to departing. Or they are really slow to respond.