Refund for missed ports?

MrSchwump

This past week the Enchanted missed the ports of Bonaire and Aruba. If that means Princess didn’t pay any port fees for these 2, should the passengers get a refund?

I’m guessing there’s some proviso in the passage contract that covers this in the cruise line’s favor. Act of god and all that. 
As a gesture of good will it would have at least been nice if the Captain had bought everyone a drink. 
I’ll await responses in my Nomex dressing gown!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MrSchwump said:

This past week the Enchanted missed the ports of Bonaire and Aruba. If that means Princess didn’t pay any port fees for these 2, should the passengers get a refund?

I’m guessing there’s some proviso in the passage contract that covers this in the cruise line’s favor. Act of god and all that. 
As a gesture of good will it would have at least been nice if the Captain had bought everyone a drink. 

Yes. It's stated in the passenger contract that port fees would be refunded if a port was missed. 

If you check you final statement you'll see that they applied a credit of $10.44 per person for the missed port. 

I went to customer service for cash refund  before leaving the ship. I just asked for a cash refund rather then waiting for them to send it by mail.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

If you check you final statement you'll see that they applied a credit of $10.44 per person for the missed port. 

I went to customer service for cash refund  before leaving the ship. I just asked for a cash refund rather then waiting for them to send it by mail.

Yes. They should refund the port charges. It should be a REFUNDABLE credit. However, my experience is that if you don't use it and you don't go get the cash refund before you get off the ship, you'll never see that check......

13 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

This past week the Enchanted missed the ports of Bonaire and Aruba…

I hadn’t heard about them missing the two ports. Was this caused by bad weather in both areas?  We’re visiting both next month and am curious. 

32 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Yes. They should refund the port charges. It should be a REFUNDABLE credit. However, my experience is that if you don't use it and you don't go get the cash refund before you get off the ship, you'll never see that check......

That's what I've read here on CC. 

I usually they to keep my balance somewhere around $10 to be billed to my credit card so when I went to get the port charge refunded it only amounted to $10 and change when totaled out between my husband & I.

We also missed another port, Aruba, which was replaced by Curaçao. I guess the charges were identical so I assumed the port charges were either identical, although if so, they didn't charge or refund us the difference. 

31 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

I hadn’t heard about them missing the two ports. Was this caused by bad weather in both areas?  We’re visiting both next month and am curious. 

Strong wind.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I've never seen a check. I have seen a refund on my account, however, EVERY TIME a port was missed.

6 hours ago, david63 said:

Just out of curiosity - if one port was substituted for another and the port charges for the second port were higher than the first would you expect to pay the difference?

It would seem logical that they would apply the difference, but they didn't address the  situation. 

I have to assume the port charges were identical. 

On 3/9/2023 at 3:17 PM, MrSchwump said:

The refund is ALMOST enough for that free drink!!

• Like 1