Princess plus reserved theatre seating

antsp

From my understanding:  A section will be reserved for passengers with Princess Plus beverage package.  As you know, what Princess considers a "good" location is not always meshed with what a passenger would like.  

I have not heard back from many who have taken advantage of this reserved seating area.  That does sound a very large blaring alarm.  It is probably going over as well as their new premium desserts.  

Would love to hear from passengers that have sat in these seats.

The reserved seating only applies to those passengers who have purchased the Premier package, not the Plus package. The number of passengers buying this package will be considerably less than those who have purchased the Plus package.  As ship's management know the number of people who have purchased the Premier  package on each cruise,  they will be able to increase/decrease the size of the reserved section accordingly.

It should also be noted that the reserved seats only apply to the production shows. So, when just a solo singer or comedian is performing,  there will be no reserved seats.

• Like 3

@wowzz

I'm making all kinds of apologies today.  Yes...I meant to say Premier Beverage Package.  I did know that (honest).

You have added some very valuable information. 

I would never see myself purchasing this package (rare social drinker),  AND I have favorite locations in the theater that probably would not be in the location Princess picks.  

It is, again, an attempt for Princess to embellish the packages without it costing them any real money.

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@wowzz

I'm making all kinds of apologies today.  Yes...I meant to say Premier Beverage Package.  I did know that (honest).

You have added some very valuable information. 

I would never see myself purchasing this package (rare social drinker),  AND I have favorite locations in the theater that probably would not be in the location Princess picks.  

It is, again, an attempt for Princess to embellish the packages without it costing them any real money.

Sorry, but you are wrong. The Premier Beverage Package does not give you reserved seating. The Princess Premier Package ( which includes the Beverage package) has the reserved seating element. 

Edited by wowzz

Thanks...I think I will stay out of this conversation.  You are right again.  I, in my mind, was thinking Princess Premier Package.  

I have my own thread about Princess trying to confuse me with the Princess Packages (wifi/gratuity/internet) and the "Beverage" package (drinks only/but can be bought independently of cabin mate).

Princess needs to STOP with the confusing names.  I wonder how many actually purchase the beverage packages without crew appreciation/Medallion net?  

adios, sayonara, aloha, au revoir, farewell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The reserved area on production show evenings is not and is not intended to be large enough to hold all eligible passengers.

So to be sure of sitting in that area (if eligible), you may still need to show up early and not wait until just before any unused seats are released to the unwashed masses.

At least previous to the recent price increases, Princess expected about 25% of passengers to book with the Premier package. For a Royal class ship, that would be about 890 passengers.

I'm not sure of how many seats they'll reserve but they're specially marked and the crew with tablets is stationed around the theater to direct people to them. Those seats are in addition to the "reserved" seats for entertainment member guests and in addition to handicapped seating. They seemed to be scatted around the center lower and second level sections- nothing on the sides.

The open scramble for those seats began at 10 minutes before show time. Some people were prepared to make their move as the announcement began so if you were standing in the back of the theater you stood no chance. 

Sort of like the game musical chairs. 😊

Get to the theater 45 minutes early and you can still select good seats. 

I was waiting to see someone arrive carrying one of those special desserts to eat during the show, but no luck. 😆

I do think you raise a good question.  This is not like a concert, musical, play or other venue, where tickets are bought in advance, so a know number of seats that are needed or used very specifically in most cases.  Not taking into account any 'packages', on one cruise we never went to any of the shows, and on the next we went to 3.  My buying a package for drinks, etc. would have no correlation as to whether I go to a show.  So is there a time at which before the show, that the reserved seats/rows would be forfeited.  That would seem to defeat the purpose of privilege of not having to show up so early for a preferred seat. 

1 hour ago, CruiseSter1ing said:

So is there a time at which before the show, that the reserved seats/rows would be forfeited.  

18 hours ago, MissP22 said:

The open scramble for those seats began at 10 minutes before show time. Some people were prepared to make their move as the announcement began so if you were standing in the back of the theater you stood no chance. 

There is your answer.

22 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I'm not sure of how many seats they'll reserve but they're specially marked and the crew with tablets is stationed around the theater to direct people to them. Those seats are in addition to the "reserved" seats for entertainment member guests and in addition to handicapped seating. They seemed to be scatted around the center lower and second level sections- nothing on the sides.

Sort of like the game musical chairs. 😊

Get to the theater 45 minutes early and you can still select good seats. 

I was waiting to see someone arrive carrying one of those special desserts to eat during the show, but no luck. 😆

As part of my 'avoid the crowds and avoid the herd' strategy, when I do try one of the over-amplified production shows, I wait until just before showtime and simply stand somewhere in the back, with a wee dram in hand. Works for me and once the show is over, if not before, I evacuate quickly and avoid the crush of the herd exiting all at once.  All of this goes out the window if She Who Must Be Obeyed is cruising also and then we have to get there early and sit in our favorite seats where, if the show sucks we can leave unobtrusively.

More often than not, I'd rather enjoy some of the strings, guitar, or piano entertainment elsewhere, with my wee dram.

To each his own.

We have the plus which was purchased prior to the increase so the last three if I want them will be more when I board. So to go even higher to premium to get seats not worth it to us. 

Now my issue will be we go early with a book and like the same seats on all ships. We sit at the rail the divides the front portion and the rest. What if my perfect seating area is part of premium? Will they ask us to move when the theater is full but somebody showed up five minutes before show time?

On a note we like the plus only care about all drinks, coffees teas, water don't drink high end except one drink the Godfather they charge me 2.00, always pre pay crew appreciation (tips), and on the Sapphire loved WiFi in our cabin ( one slow day in 15). Care less about anything else. But now wonder about the theater 🙁.

34 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

What if my perfect seating area is part of premium? Will they ask us to move when the theater is full but somebody showed up five minutes before show time?

My understanding is that only those with the Premium package will be allowed to sit in the reserved seats while the theatre fills up.  Then, as posted above, 10 minutes before the show starts, an announcement is made that any available seats in the reserved section can now be used by anyone, and a general free for all ensues !

If someone with the Premium package arrives after this time, tough !

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

My understanding is that only those with the Premium package will be allowed to sit in the reserved seats while the theatre fills up.  Then, as posted above, 10 minutes before the show starts, an announcement is made that any available seats in the reserved section can now be used by anyone, and a general free for all ensues !

If someone with the Premium package arrives after this time, tough !

Good so the reserved seat will be marked out or watched over and we will be free to sit anyplace else. Fingers crossed our area of choice isn't reserved. Premium pack isn't worth it to us so will just work with what we get.

Thanks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

As part of my 'avoid the crowds and avoid the herd' strategy, when I do try one of the over-amplified production shows, I wait until just before showtime and simply stand somewhere in the back, with a wee dram in hand. Works for me and once the show is over, if not before, I evacuate quickly and avoid the crush of the herd exiting all at once.  All of this goes out the window if She Who Must Be Obeyed is cruising also and then we have to get there early and sit in our favorite seats where, if the show sucks we can leave unobtrusively.

More often than not, I'd rather enjoy some of the strings, guitar, or piano entertainment elsewhere, with my wee dram.

To each his own.

We tend to do the same or get seats to one side or the other so we can get out if we don’t like the show without bothering others 

• Like 1

So reserved seats are actually only for the premier package. If they offered for the plus package, which is the fare most people seem to opt for, then most of the theater would have to be reserved seats. There is a much smaller percentage of people who purchase the premier package, which ultimately makes it more manageable for the reserved seating in the theater. 

7 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

To each his own.

We always get there early. No unnecessary yacking in the DR with anyone.  

It provides us with seats in our usual location at the end of the aisle lower section- to bail out early should the need arise. (as it did with a comedian last cruise).

We can also leave early to get to the next show especially when the audience gets overly  enthusiastic  and wants to give someone a standing ovation.

• Like 3