YC inside cabins

Linda W.

Never have been on MSC but thought I might give it a try.  Looking at the seascape or Divina.  How are the inside staterooms REALLY??  Size, electrical outlets and location, anything else to know??  Are you able to access all the YC areas?  We usually cruise on Celebrity but thought for the price we would give this a try.  Thank you for the help!

38 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Never have been on MSC but thought I might give it a try.  Looking at the seascape or Divina.  How are the inside staterooms REALLY??  Size, electrical outlets and location, anything else to know??  Are you able to access all the YC areas?  We usually cruise on Celebrity but thought for the price we would give this a try.  Thank you for the help!

There are no inside YC cabins on the Divina 😉

1 hour ago, Tierun said:

The newer seascape is the better option. Once in YC, you have full access and don’t really need to leave the enclave.

Have you been in an inside cabin?  Curious as to whether or not they are any bigger than a regular inside cabin.  

There was a thread on the Celebrity board by @GenerationXwhen she did a B2B on Celebrity and then on MSC in a YC inside.  She linked the thread here so I am sure it is some pages back…there were cabin pics, too.  EM

Its actually on the first page of the Celebrity board now.

Edited by Essiesmom

We have always cruised in balcony rooms.  Now that I'm retired, we thought we would try inside rooms to be able to cruise more often.  We did NCL and it was a terrible experience, the room was so small, and the bathroom was even smaller. 

We had done a balcony in YC and loved it.  Figured we would try an inside. We recently did a YC inside on the Seascape and it was fantastic.  Is it smaller than a balcony?  Yes.  Can I live with that to be able to cruise Yacht Club?  Definitely yes.  The room had plenty of space and enough storage for us.  The bathroom is small but doable.  The shower is very small (I'm 215 lbs) but it worked.  

What we always liked about the balcony was being able to get away from the crowds for some quiet time.  In YC there are plenty of spaces for that.  You can go to the Top Sail Lounge or even up on deck there are plenty of open spaces.  In YC, it's even more true that you spend less time in your room, and at half the price of a balcony I can cruise twice as much.

As far as location, they are in the YC so no bad location, just steps to everything.  All the rooms could use more outlets but so many of my rechargeable things use the USB connections, so I bring a 6 USB charger that works great.  I've never been on Celebrity, but I've cruised for 20 years on NCL, Carnival, and Royal.  What they say is true, YC will spoil you to any other type of cruising.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Bob46 said:

We have always cruised in balcony rooms.  Now that I'm retired, we thought we would try inside rooms to be able to cruise more often.  We did NCL and it was a terrible experience, the room was so small, and the bathroom was even smaller. 

We had done a balcony in YC and loved it.  Figured we would try an inside. We recently did a YC inside on the Seascape and it was fantastic.  Is it smaller than a balcony?  Yes.  Can I live with that to be able to cruise Yacht Club?  Definitely yes.  The room had plenty of space and enough storage for us.  The bathroom is small but doable.  The shower is very small (I'm 215 lbs) but it worked.  

What we always liked about the balcony was being able to get away from the crowds for some quiet time.  In YC there are plenty of spaces for that.  You can go to the Top Sail Lounge or even up on deck there are plenty of open spaces.  In YC, it's even more true that you spend less time in your room, and at half the price of a balcony I can cruise twice as much.

As far as location, they are in the YC so no bad location, just steps to everything.  All the rooms could use more outlets but so many of my rechargeable things use the USB connections, so I bring a 6 USB charger that works great.  I've never been on Celebrity, but I've cruised for 20 years on NCL, Carnival, and Royal.  What they say is true, YC will spoil you to any other type of cruising.

Good to read this.  For my husband's 60th next year he wanted an inside cabin as he likes the dark room to sleep.  We were looking at MSC Yacht Club and were pleasantly surprised to see the YC inside cabins.  So I got the YC and he got his inside.  I've seen a video of it and am really happy.  As you said, plenty of places to find a quiet nook.

• Like 1

Just a word of caution. Not all interior Yacht Club staterooms are the same size. 

se_msc_yacht_club_interior_suite_03.jpg?

^^ Here's what the MSC website shows for Yacht Club interior on Seaside/Seaview/Seashore/Seascape (it's actually a wheelchair accessible YC interior).

239093178_1027323021417584_3693479788837

^^ Here's an actual Yacht Club interior on Seaside/Seaside EVO class. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Just a word of caution. Not all interior Yacht Club staterooms are the same size. 

se_msc_yacht_club_interior_suite_03.jpg?

^^ Here's what the MSC website shows for Yacht Club interior on Seaside/Seaview/Seashore/Seascape (it's actually a wheelchair accessible YC interior).

239093178_1027323021417584_3693479788837

^^ Here's an actual Yacht Club interior on Seaside/Seaside EVO class. 

If you can handle sleeping in a twin, it seems like splitting the beds makes the interior rooms seems more spacious.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jules815 said:

If you can handle sleeping in a twin, it seems like splitting the beds makes the interior rooms seems more spacious.

I would but I doubt my husband would be in favor of that.🙄  Are there electrical outlets in the bathroom?

7 hours ago, Linda W. said:

Have you been in an inside cabin?  Curious as to whether or not they are any bigger than a regular inside cabin.  

We were in YC inside on Meraviglia in January, I would say that the cabin is not any bigger than other inside cabins. The bathrooms are also small compared to YC deluxe suites. You do get all of the conveniences of the YC though!

• Like 1

OK I DID IT!  I booked today in the YC inside room.  Will be getting off a Celebrity cruise on the 22nd from FLL and heading to Miami for the Seascape on the 24th.  Luckily there were a 'handful' of YC inside rooms left but not many.  (3 I think!). Here's to getting out and STAYING out of Kansas for yet another February!!!  Thanks for all your info.  Should be interesting.  I was in a AFT stateroom on Celebrity watching the wake so this will be quite the switch--BUT it is certainly going to get my feet wet to see if MSC is for me!

• Like 2

On Virtuosa the inside cabins are the same size.

The YC gets some better fittings, lights table& chairs(take up space), better shower.

Better mattress.

The main downside of these is the limited storage for longer cruises.

(Princess are better, NCL are tiny)

Deck 16 next the Topsail are fantastic location so close you just pop out if you need anything.

3 hours ago, insidecabin said:

On Virtuosa the inside cabins are the same size.

The YC gets some better fittings, lights table& chairs(take up space), better shower.

Better mattress.

The main downside of these is the limited storage for longer cruises.

(Princess are better, NCL are tiny)

Deck 16 next the Topsail are fantastic location so close you just pop out if you need anything.

Thank you for the info.  We booked 18033.  Not much to choose from when we booked but I remember seeing ONE on deck 16.

11 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Thank you for the info.  We booked 18033.  Not much to choose from when we booked but I remember seeing ONE on deck 16.

No where is that far in YC choice gets limited we are 2decks down still closer to the YC  facilities than we would be outside YC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 11:00 AM, Bob46 said:

We always book an interior YC room, but when we get on the ship the FIRST thing we do is find tge Yacht Club director, and ask if there is availability to upgrade to a balcony YC cabin. More often than not, we get that upgrade for $500!!, for a 7 night cruise!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joebehr2011 said:

We always book an interior YC room, but when we get on the ship the FIRST thing we do is find tge Yacht Club director, and ask if there is availability to upgrade to a balcony YC cabin. More often than not, we get that upgrade for $500!!, for a 7 night cruise!!!

Do you originally book directly? If I use a TA to book the initial inside cabin, will the YC director still allow me to upgrade if it's me asking and not the TA?

3 hours ago, joebehr2011 said:

This. We do the EXACT same thing and $500 seems to be the going price. I was thinking we were getting good deals, but now see they give them out to everyone, lol 🙂

1 hour ago, Missymssy said:

Do you originally book directly? If I use a TA to book the initial inside cabin, will the YC director still allow me to upgrade if it's me asking and not the TA?

We book with a TA always (for the perks) and have been able to do this without problem.

The only thing I'll add is instead of tracking down the director we just go to the concierge...same difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

This. We do the EXACT same thing and $500 seems to be the going price. I was thinking we were getting good deals, but now see they give them out to everyone, lol 🙂

We book with a TA always (for the perks) and have been able to do this without problem.

The only thing I'll add is instead of tracking down the director we just go to the concierge...same difference.

I have had better luck with the YC Director thank the concierge. The times I have tried the concierge I got nothing but the run around. I learned my lesson, go straight to the top! I think a few of the concierges look down upon those who book interior cabins, at least that is my experience. 

2 minutes ago, joebehr2011 said:

I have had better luck with the YC Director thank the concierge. The times I have tried the concierge I got nothing but the run around. I learned my lesson, go straight to the top! I think a few of the concierges look down upon those who book interior cabins, at least that is my experience. 

Interesting. Don't doubt that at all, but I've had great luck with them. YMMV 🙂

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Has this worked for anyone on European routes?  We're sailing the western Med on Seaview in late May and would be interested at that price...

11 minutes ago, iambumbo said:

Has this worked for anyone on European routes?  We're sailing the western Med on Seaview in late May and would be interested at that price...

I am finding YCI hard to find, can't believe they are sold out on some cruises I think they hold them back as you get them appearing later(might be cancelled or upgrade)

Never thought to ask on our last one.