"Royal Up"

Recently bid on a Royal Up for a Grand Suite from a balcony guarantee.  My question is:  Can I bid on multiple categories or just the one I have bid on? In other words, can I also bid on an upgrade to a Junior Suite as well?

Yes, bid on as many categories as you wish.

Be aware though that you will only win once (if you win at all).  So, for example, let’s say you bid for large balcony, junior suite and grand suite. If your bid for that bigger balcony wins, you no longer have a shot at either the junior suite or the grand suite.  If your junior suite bid wins, you no longer have a shot at the grand suite.  Think ahead; make bids you’ll be happy to win.  

The above example was an illustration.  If I already have a balcony, I generally don’t bid on better balcony categories unless I am unhappy with my current balcony (or think I am likely to be unhappy with my gty balcony assignment)

Edited by Starry Eyes

May I ask how you bid on more than 1? I put a bid in for a cruise in 8 days. The bid was for a grand suite, however, it gave me options for Royal suite, grand suite and owners suite. Now when I log in it seems I can only modify the 1 bid, no other options to bid on the other 2 categories 

thanks 

18 hours ago, Cruisinmomma13 said:

May I ask how you bid on more than 1? I put a bid in for a cruise in 8 days. The bid was for a grand suite, however, it gave me options for Royal suite, grand suite and owners suite. Now when I log in it seems I can only modify the 1 bid, no other options to bid on the other 2 categories 

thanks 

Did you receive an email invitation to bid for RoyalUp?  If so, try using that email to go bid on the other categories of interest.

If that fails or if you never got an email invite, I’d suggest you cancel your GS bid.  Once you have no active bid, you should be able to see all your bidding options again.  This time enter bids on each of categories that interest you (including that GS again) before you enter your CC number.

I hope one of those methods works.

20 hours ago, Cruisinmomma13 said:

thanks 

If you got an email back acknowleging the bid it has a link that shows you bid and there is a spot at the bottom showing more bidding options.

I currently have a bid pending...if I wanted to bid on other options,  there is a link in the line at the bottom of the "modify your offer" page. 

Don't miss out! Click here to see other upgrade options on your upcoming cruise and to make a bid.

• 2 weeks later...

Having never used Royal Up before, I am puzzled. How on earth did DD's bid get accepted a week out from sailing, on a sold out ship? She noticed of her 3 bids, two had expired, and one said pending. Then later that day, she went from an Interior to an OV. Since the sailing was sold out, we just assumed her cabin was staying where it was. She got moved down to deck 2, which we've never been on, but since her BF has never sailed before, might be a good thing, just in case he doesn't handle the motion well?

17 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

How on earth did DD's bid get accepted a week out from sailing, on a sold out ship?

The inventory you see online is not complete and cabins become available all the time for various reasons.

49 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The inventory you see online is not complete and cabins become available all the time for various reasons.

Hence my question on why something would have come available. It has nothing to do with online inventory, as the ship was SOLD OUT. So, if someone who was in an OV cancelled, why was her bid selected? There's no way it was the highest bid, and it was way under what the cabin would have cost if she had booked it originally, instead of the inside.

3 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

Hence my question on why something would have come available. It has nothing to do with online inventory, as the ship was SOLD OUT. So, if someone who was in an OV cancelled, why was her bid selected? There's no way it was the highest bid, and it was way under what the cabin would have cost if she had booked it originally, instead of the inside.

No one knows.

5 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

It has nothing to do with online inventory, as the ship was SOLD OUT.

Again, the inventory you see online does not reflect the true inventory - it just appears sold out to you online (unless you somehow have access to the complete internal inventory).

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Again, the inventory you see online does not reflect the true inventory - it just appears sold out to you online (unless you somehow have access to the complete internal inventory).

Why are you assuming it has anything to do with online? I had a friend that wanted to sail with us... she called. NOTHING was available.

1 minute ago, Candleonwater said:

Why are you assuming it has anything to do with online? I had a friend that wanted to sail with us... she called. NOTHING was available.

Our last Royal-Up winning bid was a cancellation the week before the cruise. We actually met their relatives at lunch.

4 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

Even the front-line CSRs don't have access to all available inventory - they typically see the same inventory you see online.

26 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

It is possible that the cabin she was originally booked in was more likely to be booked than any other available cabin at that point (better location)?  Other than that, my answer is “complete mystery to me”.