Hidden ducks?

gregma60

It's some passengers who bring and hide them, not the cruise line or ship. You can take them home or hide them again for another passenger to find. On Facebook you can find different groups "cruise ducks". Good luck hunting! 

• Like 1

Last year while I was onboard the Carnival Legend very early one morning a tween age girl was in the Lido area just standing around watching us mostly adults getting our coffees, and other things offered during the early continental breakfast onboard. As I sat there and looked towards the large windows I saw a little yellow duck with a tag on it at the bottom of one them and it became obvious to me and a couple of other adults around that she had hid it there(not to good)and was watching to see someone pick it up. Although she might have enjoyed seeing one of us oldies take it we left it there for someone closer to her own age to discovery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noesja said:

It's some passengers who bring and hide them, not the cruise line or ship. You can take them home or hide them again for another passenger to find. On Facebook you can find different groups "cruise ducks". Good luck hunting! 

Almost Easter, its wabbit season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Took our kids on a land vacation over spring break/Easter one year. Went to Easter brunch and they had colored, hard boiled eggs. Each of my kids took one and when we got back to our hotel I hid them outside of our room in a plant area. Not long later the small kids from next door came out and spotted the eggs and were so excited that the Easter bunny had come. It was such a good moment my kids didn't care that they hadn't found their eggs....

• Like 2

Several ducks on HAL NA Feb 5-19. Couple in elevators, we heard, some w/hearts and kisses for Valentine's Day.

A cabin door on deck 1 (or maybe it was deck 2) had many on it - different sizes, colors... Presumably for passengers to "find."

It's a fun game for passengers of all ages.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, RuthC said:

Has geo-caching for rubber duckies replaced daytime activities? 
Nature abhors a vacuum, I guess. 

Hmmm, geo-caching on a moving ship.  Now THAT would be an interesting endeavor!!  LOL

-gregma

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Noesja said:

I think that would be lots of fun!  Sure would give those who want something to do on sea days!

-gregma

Edited by gregma60
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

It's possible.  Sometimes people have mobile caches.......

Interesting.  Considering it's based on GPS coordinates.  It's been a while since I've done that though, things might have changed!

-gregma