Carnival Venezia January 23, 2024 - February 2, 2024

sm91

I’m so SORRY to ask this but can anyone give me the breakdown of how the $16.oo gratuities is broken down (Cabin Stewart etc.) I just like to know who is getting what. And we used to be able to bring 12 cans of Soda on board - is this still allowed? Sorry again about the tip question but I’ve just spent the last 1 1/2 looking in the Forum for the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

53 minutes ago, AnnaDurbs said:

I’m so SORRY to ask this but can anyone give me the breakdown of how the $16.oo gratuities is broken down (Cabin Stewart etc.) I just like to know who is getting what. And we used to be able to bring 12 cans of Soda on board - is this still allowed? Sorry again about the tip question but I’ve just spent the last 1 1/2 looking in the Forum for the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the soda, this is direct from the Carnival website:

Screenshot_20240114-084859.png

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 7:57 AM, AnnaDurbs said:

regarding the gratuities 

here is a link to the information:     

What Are the Gratuities on Carnival Cruises? – CruiseBooking.com

1 hour ago, AnnaDurbs said:

Thank you Nic6318. I wish though I knew who got what (alternate services) and how Carnival decides to disperse them. To much unknown for my liking.

Hi,

You might be overthinking this one. Mainly because the employees have a choice of where they wish to work and I can honestly say that I have never heard someone complain about their situation, beyond the fact that they work hard, and they have to spend a lot of time away from their families. I have on the other hand, heard from numerous crew members who have told me how much they enjoy their jobs.

I am willing to accept that it is a competitive industry and it is difficult for any employer to keep their best employees unless they are fair to them.

13 hours ago, AnnaDurbs said:

Thank you Nic6318. I wish though I knew who got what (alternate services) and how Carnival decides to disperse them. To much unknown for my liking.

The Carnival site used to show the breakdown, but apparently they removed the detailed info. From what I recall, stewards got the highest percentage, then dining room crew, maitre de, lido staff, and I do not recall any details about backroom crew, as it says now. That was probably a smaller insignificant amount that may not have been listed before.

Hi All!  Trish from CT here. I  will be on this cruise doing a B2B with Feb. 2nd itinerary also.  Can't wait to see the Venezia.  Can't wait to sail south toward some warm weather!!   Not even sure of the ports we'll be going to...DON'T CARE!...as long as the sun is shining!😄

Regarding the question of the gratuity breakdown.... just so happens I have a copy (got it from Guest Services onboard) from my 14 day sailing on the Legend in August '23.  Total charge was $224.00.  Breakdown as follows:

Dining Team  $105.84  (7.56%)

Stateroom Steward  $65.52  (4.68%)

"Alternative" Services  $52.64  (3.76%)

Ooops!  About those gratuity percentages....I just realized that didn't make any sense.  Those numbers are actually the DAILY dollar amount each category receives from your $16.00 tip .

So the Cabin Steward got $4.68 each day of my 14 day cruise = $65.62 

Edited by trish0
misinformation(fake news) ;)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone - We will be on the Feb 23, 2024 - 9 Night sailing on the Carnival Venezia. I have been on this ship before and it is a beautiful ship with some shortcomings as it was originally designed for the Chinese market before Carnival added it to its fleet from Costa.

Has anyone booked any excursions or resorts at the ports of Bimini, Freeport and Nassau? I have been to Nassau like a zillion times but always open to get ideas on what others are doing. Please share.

Has anyone booked or planning to book a Golf Cart at Bimini? We are two male guests that would be open to joining another group of 2 for a 4-seater Golf Cart experience if someone is interested. Please respond and let me know