Carnival Venezia January 23, 2024 - February 2, 2024

sm91

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone. Anna and Peter from Sudbury Ontario Canada will be joining all of you. Looking so forward to it. Just hoping the weather isn’t miserable in NYC. We did one before when we had the Polar Vortex down the whole coast and it was awful. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Anna i was born in Sudbury.  Haven’t been back for years.

booked for my daughter so in law and grandchild.   

I too am wondering how to get a place to leave our car.   We are driving down.   
ann. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!  I just joined today, my family and I will be joining friends on this cruise to celebrate 2 retirements in the party.  My mom, dad, and I are no strangers to cruising: we just finished our 31st cruise on Celebrity Summit.  We've done 3 Carnival cruises before (Holiday....yes I know I'm dating myself here.....Triumph, and Pride) and one Costa cruise (Costa Victoria).  While we were not fans of either line, we want to try this new venture that Carnival seems to have.  We've done our research and Carnival seems to be getting more in-line with what we're looking for in a cruise, and from what we remember of Costa, the food was fantastic.  The two things we didn't care for with Costa were the fact that smoking was allowed everywhere on the ship (we're non-smokers, but don't mind smoking being allowed in selected areas) and the fact that for every single announcement on the ship, they did it in 7 languages, with English being the last one (it took well over 20 min. for the English speakers to get the announcement because of this).  With that said, we have been assured by our TA (that we've worked with for years) that they no longer do this.  Don't get me wrong, we love listening to and learning other languages (mom and I are both bilingual in different languages: French and English for her, American Sign Language and English for me), most of the cruisers spoke English, so announcements were kind of tedious.

What attracted us most to this cruise was the itinerary.  We've been to the ports before, but not in the last 20 or so years.  Amber Cove is our beach day, we loved Grand Turk, Princess Cays is beautiful, we adore San Juan (our favorite holiday was spending Christmas Eve at night there and seeing the entire town all lit up), and NY is my "home away from home".

When I'm not cruising or playing my Ukulele, I'm either volunteering with Google (as a Made By Google Product Expert), going to school (currently going through Coursera for certificates in IT Support, Cyber Security, HR Generalist, and Meta Social Media Marketing....and of course I'm not doing all those certificates at the same time), I run the cruise channel, "Cruising With Kristen" on YouTube: here is the link.  Fair warning, you may wind up in the video, if you don't want to be in it, let me know and I will find a way to get you out.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2023 at 11:18 AM, pacruise804 said:

Has anyone booked hotels yet? Any suggestions?  I'm leaning toward something in New Jersey (cheaper rates) that includes parking, then doing an uber or taxi to the port (assuming no hotel shuttle).

We are driving and staying in New Jersey at Fairfield Inn North Bergen. They have a stay and cruise package.

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2023 at 8:13 PM, White123 said:

ann. 

Hi

We are going to be on this cruise as well.

Are you driving all the way? If so, then there is parking near the terminal. It is $40/day. You can get more info on this site (check East coast departures threads), or online. 

For cruises from Manhattan/or Brooklyn, we have been taking the "Yankee Trails" buses. They are located in Albany. We typically drive to Albany (we live just an hour north of you), stay overnight, and take the bus from there. The bus will bring you right to the ship (and return if you want). Parking at their bus terminal is included in the price. I have also done this staying over in Manhattan and taken the train back to Albany, unfortunately, I doubt there would be space available at this late date (unless they add an additional bus), but you can call. They have a website. 

have a great cruise

• Like 1

The wife and I are on this cruise also.  We're actually doing a B2B2B and this is our second leg and has the most interesting ports.  We have never been to Princess Cays and it has been 20+ years since we've been to San Juan.  We love the pool at Amber Cove and the donkeys on Grand Turk.  Basically we're getting out of the winter cold for 3 or 4 weeks, exploring a new ship and sailing out of a new port!

John

• Like 1

Anna, we are from Ontario too, south of Barrie. I’m in Sudbury frequently for business. 

Eliot, tell me more about the Amber Cove pool! We’ve been to AC twice but always beach. 

Looking forward to Venezia!!

On 11/8/2023 at 8:13 PM, White123 said:

ann. 

White123 we are driving too. Currently registered to leave our care at 670 W43rd in a covered car park. It’s only a few of blocks from the terminal apparently. 
we are considering a stay and park if we can find one with shuttle though. 

1 hour ago, White123 said:

No longer driving.  Car was t boned.   Son in law lucky to be alive.  
flying in. Not happy camper.   

Hi

Sorry to hear that. You don't need any extra stress at this time of year, especially when you are looking forward to enjoying a trip.