MoveUp opens 21 or 30 days prior to sailing - which is it?

Canuker

13 hours ago, belinda314501 said:

My move up has been pending with no ability to change it since feb 14 even with checking it from original link to move up. Cruise is in 25 days 🤞🤞🤞

Let us know how it turns out for you...🤞

23 hours ago, belinda314501 said:

My move up has been pending with no ability to change it since feb 14 even with checking it from original link to move up. Cruise is in 25 days 🤞🤞🤞

Just to clarify.  You checked in using the confirmation email link that you received after you made your original bid.  If not, you might want to check it.

Good luck

We booked on 2/19. Placed bid on 2/21. Cruise leaves on 4/22, so we were well beyond 21 or even 30 days. 

I like that Celebrity let's you do it on the website, with Royal it's really only if you get the email.

We are still pending, fingers crossed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VernRDH said:

I like that Celebrity let's you do it on the website, with Royal it's really only if you get the email.

We are still pending, fingers crossed!

Wishing your bid comes through! Is the having to get the e-mail from Royal new? I have always been able to use the Royal-up link, but my last Royal cruise was 7 months ago.

45 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Why not ? 

I didn't know if opportunity to bid is even available before my current stateroom is even assigned... I'm wondering if it's foolish to bid if I have possibility to be upgraded. (Equinox, July sailing so I'm thinking it will be full capacity)

17 hours ago, mjschutte said:

Slightly off topic, but is it possible to make a move up bid from a guarantee stateroom ?  (Currently in guarantee ocean view, would like to bid for veranda, but don't even know our cabin assignment yet). 

Yes.    Actually I've been upgraded from a Guaranteed room.   

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.    Actually I've been upgraded from a Guaranteed room.   

Since they started the program? 
once in a gty inside we got a double upgrade to a balcony and the one time we want to spend to do an upgrade bid we got nothing and the ship was 50% filled 🤔🤣

5 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Since they started the program? 
once in a gty inside we got a double upgrade to a balcony and the one time we want to spend to do an upgrade bid we got nothing and the ship was 50% filled 🤔🤣

Not sure what you mean by program.   If you mean the paid upgrade -  yes.

We were in a Aqua Guarantee and bid on a SS and CS and won the CS. 

On 3/13/2023 at 2:14 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Really depends on the cruise. 

I'm on a B3B and the first cruise opened at 60 days prior to cruise the others still have not opened.

BTW - you don't need an invite to bid.  Just go to the link below and check.    Some TA like the Big Box store do not participate. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

I think this is the key. Depending on who your travel agent is you may not be able to upgrade even within the 21 day window or you may be able to bid right after the final payment. 

Okay, just got the MoveUp email for a cruise on Beyond:  May 7, 2023 and 8 days, so 50+ days early.  However, the minimum bids are extremely high IMHO.  The availability of suites is huge; prices are rediculous, so it will be interesting to see how this goes, as time gets closer.  There is also a MoveUp from an SV to Infinite Veranda for the exact same price as any Sky Suite...gotta LOL.  Somebody didn’t check their work!  

Edited by Lastdance

I think I've encountered all the scenarios and 'time frames' listed in this thread.

As always, X is consistently inconsistent. 

Sometimes I've received move-up offers, sometimes I haven't.

It's like a smorgasbord at a wedding. Some offerings taste good...some don't.

Good luck to all!!

• Like 1

Funny how the Upgrade Offer is released.  We are shortly taking 3 cruises on Apex

April 15 -    Move Up opened February 16

April 22 -    Still has not Opened

May 14  -   Opened yesterday March 14

Having said that I've never received an e-mail from Celebrity but when I herd about it being opened on our roll call am able to go in and place a bid.

• Like 1