Nespresso Coffee Machine in every Sun Princess cabin!

startedwithamouse

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I could instead tell you about all the hotels which don't provide a Nespresso machine in every room. Much like most Princess (and other cruise line) ships. 🙂

The original question was: Tell me any hotel room with a Nespresso machine which doesn't provide capsules? 

• Like 1

I just went to the Princess site and clicked on each category of cabins for the description. Then I clicked to "Show stateroom features". That listed the TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, etc. The only cabin that listed a Nespresso machine was the Signature Sky Suite.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I just went to the Princess site and clicked on each category of cabins for the description. Then I clicked to "Show stateroom features". That listed the TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, etc. The only cabin that listed a Nespresso machine was the Signature Sky Suite.

Since when is the website description current or correct? 

Website claims Elites can still change out minibar for Coffee Card, and lists the New Grounds Package.

11 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

The original question was: Tell me any hotel room with a Nespresso machine which doesn't provide capsules? 

no, the original question was:

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Every rendering for the Sun Princess staterooms includes a Nespresso machine, so why are people acting like the world is ending without coffee cards available?

Indeed, WHY are the people sad that the coffee cards disappeared, when every cabin PICTURE of a brand new ship has the Nespresso machine in it? Do people even read their own questions?

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

no, the original question was:

Indeed, WHY are the people said the coffee cards disappeared, when every cabin PICTURE of a brand new ship has the Nespresso machine in it? Do people even read their own questions?

What does that sentence even mean? 

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

yet, you are basing your deductions upon images off of the same site?

Images are well thought out and planned. 

A graphic artist is told what to place in the rendering; not anything like post-pandemic bare-bones IT department.

Sorry my post triggered you. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Tell me any hotel room with a Nespresso machine which doesn't provide capsules?

Only high end hotels have Nespresso machines.  No way Princess includes the pods for free, either they charge or it becomes an included "perk" with the plus/premier packages.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, malba2366 said:

Only high end hotels have Nespresso machines.  No way Princess includes the pods for free, either they charge or it becomes an included "perk" with the plus/premier packages.

that's an EXCELLENT post ... #27😉

• Like 1

I can't imagine it will ever happen in a standard stateroom.    The cost of the pods,  disposing of the waste, Keeping the machines clean.   I think the cabin stewards have enough to do.    I for one don't want to go back to my cabin to get a free cup of coffee.   I know nothing is free, we pay for it one way or another.   And the pods do not make great coffee, ok, fast but not great.   I enjoy my coffee in the Atrium.   

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, waltd said:

I can't imagine it will ever happen in a standard stateroom.    The cost of the pods,  disposing of the waste, Keeping the machines clean.   I think the cabin stewards have enough to do.    I for one don't want to go back to my cabin to get a free cup of coffee.   I know nothing is free, we pay for it one way or another.   And the pods do not make great coffee, ok, fast but not great.   I enjoy my coffee in the Atrium.   

Pods make lousy coffee. 

Nespresso machines don't use pods.

You must be confusing it with Keurig.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Every rendering for the Sun Princess staterooms includes a Nespresso machine, so why are people acting like the world is ending without coffee cards available?

No need for room service coffee in the future.

Nespresso machines are currently in select cabins on Discovery. 

Looks like easy to use Nespresso machines will be included in the future.

Let me know when Nespresso machines can make frappe or a good iced mocha.

I expect that such machines will probably be limited to suites or cabana class cabins.

7 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Let me know when Nespresso machines can make frappe or a good iced mocha.

I expect that such machines will probably be limited to suites or cabana class cabins.

Too funny. 

They're in renderings for all the cabins. 

Suspect these will be a replacement for room service coffee. 

And where would you place these machines in an inside cabin where space is already at a premium.  And the pods (disposal).  And the maintenance.  

How much longer before the Sun Princess is up and running?  How many modifications will be filtered through until she is online?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Since when is the website description current or correct? 

Website claims Elites can still change out minibar for Coffee Card, and lists the New Grounds Package.

The website has been known before to be incorrect, until its changes catch up with reality.

12 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

And where would you place these machines in an inside cabin where space is already at a premium.  And the pods (disposal).  And the maintenance.  

How much longer before the Sun Princess is up and running?  How many modifications will be filtered through until she is online?

Pods go in trash.

Machine is a tiny footprint.

We've been using the same machine a sleeve a day, over 3 years and zero maintenance.  

24 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Pods go in trash.

Machine is a tiny footprint.

We've been using the same machine a sleeve a day, over 3 years and zero maintenance.  

Wait a minute, I thought they used capsules. That could be an entirety different matter.😋

• Haha 4

Something new for the passengers to break on the ship!  Would imagine some passengers would complain about their favored flavored capsule at home not being available on the ship.

In all seriousness, not really excited.  The Nespresso machines are convenient, but the espresso it produces leave a lot to be desired.  Would be more excited if they put a Jura in the buffet like at airline lounges.

• Like 4