JiJi's Asian Kitchen - Not to Miss Dishes

MistyRo76

2 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Spring rolls, pork belly, peppered beef with hakkka noodles, fried rice, sweet and sour shrimp, and birthday dessert. All the workers and the chef came out and sang happy birthday to me, best dinner ever!

Screenshot_20230315-190555~2.png

Screenshot_20230315-190622~2.png

Screenshot_20230315-190622~3.png

Screenshot_20230315-190633~2.png

Screenshot_20230315-190644~2.png

Screenshot_20230315-190543~2.png

That looks amazing!!!! 

5 hours ago, cacruisin said:

THANK YOU OP....I have not been to Jiji's previously but have a reservation for our cruise in 9 days and this post has made me SOOOOOOO much more excited for the experience!!!!!  I hadn't even thought about the food or if it was good etc until this post lol

I’m not sailing until October and I’m already thinking about food! Lol But this all sounds completely out of this world and I can’t wait to try it all! I know the hubby will enjoy it too!! 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 11:35 AM, audcc77 said:

During lunch they used to have Mongolian Wok where you choose vegetables and protein and they’d cook it for you.  

This has recently gone by the wayside now, probably due to cost cutting.  

Beg pardon?   This is the first I've heard that they've dropped the "free"/included stir-fry at lunch in Jiji's.   I had it on the Horizon back in October and it was great (as usual).   Is this gone now?  

On 3/15/2023 at 11:35 AM, audcc77 said:

And  unfortunately they have either stir fried bowls or broth bowls at lunchtime.   I’ve not tried the stir fry but the broth bowls were inedible IMO.  

Umm, now I'm confused, because they've always had "stir-fry" free at lunch, similar to the Mongolian Wok but with no waiting in lines required.   

Have they dropped this option?  

Edited by Pellaz

4 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Beg pardon?   This is the first I've heard that they've dropped the "free"/included stir-fry at lunch in Jiji's.   I had it on the Horizon back in October and it was great (as usual).   Is this gone now?  

Umm, now I'm confused, because they've always had "stir-fry" free at lunch, similar to the Mongolian Wok but with no waiting in lines required.   

Have they dropped this option?  

No. The stir fry is still there.  What’s not there is the kind of stir fry where YOU pick vegetables and protein and they stir fry it.  

I was on the Panorama two weeks ago, we ate at Jiji's once.  It was a fantastic meal, I couldn't decide between the pork belly and the duck so I asked if I could pay extra to get both and they let me get both with a $6 upcharge.  Worth it IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, totz808 said:

I was on the Panorama two weeks ago, we ate at Jiji's once.  It was a fantastic meal, I couldn't decide between the pork belly and the duck so I asked if I could pay extra to get both and they let me get both with a $6 upcharge.  Worth it IMO.

Good to know! Hubby and I will probably each get one and split them so we can each try both. But there may be a third app that catches our eye! 

3 hours ago, totz808 said:

Good to know I've been on that same fence and might just do the same!

17 hours ago, audcc77 said:

No. The stir fry is still there.  What’s not there is the kind of stir fry where YOU pick vegetables and protein and they stir fry it.  

Umm, okay.   When I've visited Jiji's (or Chibang) for lunch they seat you, bring you a card and a pencil and then you fill in what you want.  They stir-fry it and bring it out to your table.   Awesome...and "free."   

Are you saying you no longer get to choose what you want them to stir-fry?  Or are you referring to the Mongolian Wok (walk-up area on Lido) where YOU put the items on your plate*, hand it over and they wok it right there?     Also awesome, and also "free."  

----

* except the proteins; those were always crew-portioned in the past 

On 3/21/2023 at 12:01 AM, Pellaz said:

Or are you referring to the Mongolian Wok (walk-up area on Lido) where YOU put the items on your plate*,

Yes. When I was on the Sunshine a few months ago, they called JiJi’s noon meal “Mongolian Wok” on the app but in reality, it was the paper sheet. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2023 at 12:38 PM, totz808 said:

Any one know what the charge is for sides?  Probably would want a vegetable and rice.

Thanks.