Polka Cruise

VAWCB

1 hour ago, Dothan1952 said:

Not sure if information on group cruises are readily available using google( Ive tried several times using different wording with no success) . Maybe a travel agent that does a lot of bookings on that particular cruise line might get that information over the phone .Seems like its information the cruise lines don't want people to know about.

I think you are right. Even when you google some of the names listed above you have to do a bit of searching on their sites to find out the dates of the cruises they are on. 

I’ve heard of groups taking over an entire cruise - genealogy cruises - that’s a goood idea. Maybe they should have all groups on one cruise - the gambling polka highland dancer bagpipe cruise! 

Edited by paddingtonbear
  • Haha 1

I did find a cruise on Niew Amsterdam on Jan 5, 2025  , its a New Orleans type music cruise, must be a whole ship charter since that particular ship does not appear on their web site for the entire month of  Jan 2025, maybe they have several weeks of whole ship charter locked in.

2 hours ago, Dothan1952 said:

I did find a cruise on Niew Amsterdam on Jan 5, 2025  , its a New Orleans type music cruise, must be a whole ship charter since that particular ship does not appear on their web site for the entire month of  Jan 2025, maybe they have several weeks of whole ship charter locked in.

I know the group that has all those charters, four straight weeks of them on the same ship. They're all full charters.

While not a Polka group, were on Sky Princess last year with this 600+ group. https://www.concertsatsea.com/sky-princess/

They had events and concerts scheduled every night. Some venues were closed to the non-group passengers every night. Not all of the concert group attended all of the concerts. You had to have paid and wore a special wrist band to attend some of the concerts. For those in the group not attending the special event of the night, large groups of them filled Princess Live. One whole dining room was dedicated to this group. They didn't all eat at the same time. You can look at their 2023 schedule of events to see what venues were closed to them.

55 minutes ago, kpauley said:

While not a Polka group, were on Sky Princess last year with this 600+ group. https://www.concertsatsea.com/sky-princess/

They had events and concerts scheduled every night. Some venues were closed to the non-group passengers every night. Not all of the concert group attended all of the concerts. You had to have paid and wore a special wrist band to attend some of the concerts. For those in the group not attending the special event of the night, large groups of them filled Princess Live. One whole dining room was dedicated to this group. They didn't all eat at the same time. You can look at their 2023 schedule of events to see what venues were closed to them.

Thanks for sharing your experience and the link.  It sounds like they're a lively, interesting bunch.  The music they like is a decade or two older than my preference, but that's all right.

The most interesting thing that I saw as I went surfing on their site is the fact that they do passenger matching for those who are traveling solo and want to save $$$.  They even have a guarantee - if they can't match you up, you'll get the cabin without the single tax.  Nice if you can get it. 🙂

When we were on the Polka cruise a few of the performances were in a club in open area inside the ship, outsiders could not sit there  but they were free to take a seat on the edge of the club. Also they had a performance for everyone on the pool deck one night (not surprising they had a table set up to book passengers for the Jan 2026 cruise)

8 minutes ago, Dothan1952 said:

When we were on the Polka cruise a few of the performances were in a club in open area inside the ship, outsiders could not sit there  but they were free to take a seat on the edge of the club. Also they had a performance for everyone on the pool deck one night (not surprising they had a table set up to book passengers for the Jan 2026 cruise)

Looks like there is a cruise scheduled for January 12 on the Sky. One to avoid.

1 hour ago, Dothan1952 said:

I have a question about what I highlighted above.  First the question... did you mean the January 2025 cruise instead of 2026?  I see they're only selling '25 currently on their site.  It would be quite unusual for a cruise like this to sell bookings nearly 2 years in advance.

I have a cruise booked with Princess - 12 day Canary Islands for Nov 2025.  You could book the same cruise as 28 day cruise.

I could not find my 12 day cruise or the 28 day cruises under Find A Cruise.

It turns out Princess is no longer selling these cruises.  A British travel company has taken over selling them.  I have read they are bringing on some of their own entertainers.

I have called Princess and even emailed Customer Services, asking if my cruise is still sailing, both have say “yes, you are sailing”.

I wonder what this cruise will be like!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phabric said:

I have a cruise booked with Princess - 12 day Canary Islands for Nov 2025.  You could book the same cruise as 28 day cruise.

I could not find my 12 day cruise or the 28 day cruises under Find A Cruise.

It turns out Princess is no longer selling these cruises.  A British travel company has taken over selling them.  I have read they are bringing on some of their own entertainers.

I have called Princess and even emailed Customer Services, asking if my cruise is still sailing, both have say “yes, you are sailing”.

I wonder what this cruise will be like!!!

I wonder too. Please keep us posted. 🙏