Price of 3 day dining package

We are cruising for the first time in years and with RC for the first time in many years. I am thinking of buying the 3 day dining package but have a couple of questions. Does the price tend to fluctuate in the way the beverage package seems to, or is it pretty fixed? Also what does the $20 credit refer to? Is that towards lunch or something else? Thanks for your help. 

6 hours ago, kruzgal said:

We are cruising for the first time in years and with RC for the first time in many years. I am thinking of buying the 3 day dining package but have a couple of questions. Does the price tend to fluctuate in the way the beverage package seems to, or is it pretty fixed? Also what does the $20 credit refer to? Is that towards lunch or something else? Thanks for your help. 

Just wanted to clarify your question: Is it a 3-day dining package for a three-day cruise or is it a Three Night dining package?

Just so you understand that the Three Night dining package does not include lunches during the day that you use them. You do not have to use them consecutively.

Sometimes the packages can get a bit confusing, and I have not seen a 3-day dining package and maybe I missed something.

As already stated by others, the prices fluctuate. In general, the 3 Night packages do not go lower than 40% off per person. The Unlimited Dining Package will once in a while go down to 50%. The highest price will vary per ship with larger ships having a higher average total price.

I had a cruise this past October that I booked almost 2 years before.  Neither the Chops +1 nor the 3 day dining package ever changed prices during that two years, except they both went up in April 2021  by $30 (to $100+ and $120+)(there seemed to be a general price increase on everything last April).  The UDP did fluctuate about $15 depending on the "sale".

I have a cruise this coming October that was booked March 2022 and neither the 3 day nor Chops+1 have moved in price (even the black friday sales) except to go up by about $1 and $11 respectively  October 2022.  Again, the UDP has fluctuated about $40.

The moral to the story, buy it now.  If it goes down, great you can repurchase.  But, there is a pretty strong chance that sometime the price will go higher, and then you will be kicking yourself for not buying it when it was cheaper.

Thanks for your advice. Yes, I meant the 3 night package. I will go ahead and purchase now. I am still a bit confused by the $20 thing. Is that  something you can have for lunch in addition to the dinner or is it instead of dinner, in which case it seems poor value given that the package works out at $45 per meal. 

30 minutes ago, kruzgal said:

Thanks for your advice. Yes, I meant the 3 night package. I will go ahead and purchase now. I am still a bit confused by the $20 thing. Is that  something you can have for lunch in addition to the dinner or is it instead of dinner, in which case it seems poor value given that the package works out at $45 per meal. 

Poor Value... But my Playmakers and Poolside BBQ are not very expensive. If you do decide to eat there for lunch, just tell them NOT to charge it against your 3-Night Package. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 1:45 PM, Engineroom Snipe said:

Just so you understand that the Three Night dining package does not include lunches during the day that you use them. You do not have to use them consecutively.

This is not quite correct. We've used the three night package for lunch and dinner at Izumi on the same day many times.

Just now, Jam0610 said:

Have always booked a 3 night dinner package. Price seems to stay stable. $ 112.99 for Anthem President's Cruise in July. Has not moved since I bought.

Sorry I meant Allure.

12 hours ago, crazyank said:

This is not quite correct. We've used the three night package for lunch and dinner at Izumi on the same day many times.

Was that more than three total? I was trying to mention that you do not get "six" (lunch and dinner same day for three days) for three dinner purchases.

10 hours ago, molly361 said:

I have never seen the 3 night dining package change price.  It's $112.99 on all my bookings no what which ship 

I agree with you that the 3 night dining package does not seem to change price. The price seems to vary due to the size of the ship or the date of sailing.

13 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Was that more than three total? I was trying to mention that you do not get "six" (lunch and dinner same day for three days) for three dinner purchases.

The way you wrote it makes it sound like you cannot use it for lunch and dinner on the same day at all. As long as the total number of meals is three you can use them for any meal.

• Like 1

I need to clarify. It’s 3 night dining not 3 day.

What's Included

• Dinner at three specialty dining venues.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit, which can only be used once a day.
  • For ships with this venue, Izumi Sushi is a prix fixe menu or $34.99 food credit.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $15 surcharge, and Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, crazyank said:

The way you wrote it makes it sound like you cannot use it for lunch and dinner on the same day at all. As long as the total number of meals is three you can use them for any meal.

Easily could have been read that way. I might need to be a little clearer in the presentation. I tend to think that most people would want to maximize the savings by using them toward more expensive dinners.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 5:47 PM, Engineroom Snipe said:

Easily could have been read that way. I might need to be a little clearer in the presentation. I tend to think that most people would want to maximize the savings by using them toward more expensive dinners.

Yes, you could actually buy the lunches cheaper on the planner. Chops is usually around $25, and Giovanni's around $21. 

• Like 2

The $112 seems to be the most popular prices for our cruises.  For the 3 night package, to get the most value means booking restaurants on average of $37 each. This means that the ala carte menus where you only get $20 to spend would be better paid out of pocket. 

• Like 1

I have now decided to wait. It’s currently $134 for a UK cruise which seems expensive. Not sure if that includes gratuity or if that gets added on top when you book, but I suspect it gets added.  I will keep monitoring but at that price it’s a bit too high.

On 3/18/2023 at 10:34 AM, molly361 said:

I have never seen the 3 night dining package change price.  It's $112.99 on all my bookings no what which ship 

£119 in UK but I think that includes gratuities 

On 3/18/2023 at 5:30 PM, Tee & Chilli said:

What's Included

• For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $15 surcharge, and Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

Well these are hardly worth it either. The Hibachi is $45.99 and $49.99. The 3 night pkg comes to $44.44 and then you have to pay $15 on top of it. Ha..