En Route with Hank in Japan and the Westerdam

Hlitner

21 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hard to follow Cruisemom's depressing about the Lincoln Center Stage.  It almost sounds like HAL has become self-destructive and looking for a way to alienate just about all their fans.  But for a brighter note, we had a fantastic port day on Shimizu.

DW and I went on an 8-person private tour arranged by a wonderful Canadian lady.  We had an excellent English-speaking guide and driver in a nice van.  Our tour cost about $110 per person (for 5 hours) and HAL had nothing comparable.  Our tour was all about Mt Fuji, and we went to several viewing sites, a nearby waterfall area, and a Shinto Shrine (to the Gods of Mt Fuji), Our little group of 8 consisted of 4 Americans, 2 Canadians and 2 English.  A fantastic group of folks able and willing to deal with the walks and steps on our tour The various views of Mt Fuji were fantastic, and we lucked out with the perfect weather.

We returned to the ship in time to get ready for cocktails and dinner.  We met some friends (who are disembarking tomorrow) for cocktails and went to the MDR for a so-so dinner, After dinner we saw the best show of the cruise which was a hybrid show made up of the Step One dancers, duel piano players, and a terrific singer from the Rolling Stone Lounge Band.  It was the biggest crowd we have seen in the theater, which proves the point that if HAL puts on something akin to a Production Show, the folks will come!  IMHO, this was the only decent "Production Show" of the 14-day cruise.  After the show we went to the Rolling Stone Lounge for a drink (and show) and that entertainment ended at 10:30!  I kid you not when I say that was the end of all the entertainment on our ship!  At 10:30 you either go to bed, sit at near empty bar (only 1 is open after 11) or go to your cabin for sleep.  I will admit to normally being a night owl and find 10:30 a ridiculous time to end entertainment on any vessel.

Tomorrow, it is back to Yokohama for a "turn around" day.  DW and I have been debating taking the train into Tokyo vs just spending the day in Yokohama with a nice lunch in China Town.  As independent travelers we will likely make our decision when we get off the ship in the morning.  If we do decide to go back into Tokyo (about a 45 min train ride) we need to decide among many options in that huge city.  While we are sad that many of our newfound friends are leaving the cruise, we are also excited at the prospect of welcoming new cruise mates. 

Hank

If the suits in Seattle think that they can attract a younger crowd by ending entertainment at 10:30, they should all find a new profession!  I recently read a Celebrity blog about a late-night comedy show (about 11:30) that was packed!  On HAL, not only are there no late-night shows, but adult comedy does not exist!  

I

So their business model seems to be to alienate their most loyal customers while at the same time doing nothing to attract newer, younger customers. Somehow, I do not believe that is a strategy taught at any university granting an MBA.

• Like 1

Today was turnaround day. Last call to exit the ship was around 9:45 am. It was a beautiful day in Yokohama, not like the horrible rain two weeks ago… I did some sightseeing here as I have visited Tokyo several times. China town is nearby and fun, also shopped for a few small things in the Red Brick Warehouse area adjacent to the port terminal. HAL made it easy on returning passengers. We did not have to zero out or anything….we just got a pass to bring along when ( if) we left the ship to avoid the check-in queue. Although there was the ever present Japanese authority passport check and screening….

It looks like Third Ave West kicks off tomorrow, playing in the Ocean Bar at 5pm, 6pm, 8:30pm and 9:30pm, so will report back. Sounds like some much needed musical buzz will be welcomed.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

It looks like Third Ave West kicks off tomorrow, playing in the Ocean Bar at 5pm, 6pm, 8:30pm and 9:30pm, so will report back. Sounds like some much needed musical buzz will be welcomed.

Elsewhere it was reported that Third Ave West is a Piano / Guitar / Bass trio.  That would make it a resurrection of the Neptunes.  A search online turns up that they are assembled by RWS Entertainment, the same outfit that supplies the Rolling Stone Rock Group and the new Rolling Stone Lounge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hard to follow Cruisemom's depressing about the Lincoln Center Stage.  It almost sounds like HAL has become self-destructive and looking for a way to alienate just about all their fans. . . .

After dinner we saw the best show of the cruise which was a hybrid show made up of the Step One dancers, duel piano players, and a terrific singer from the Rolling Stone Lounge Band.  It was the biggest crowd we have seen in the theater, which proves the point that if HAL puts on something akin to a Production Show, the folks will come!  IMHO, this was the only decent "Production Show" of the 14-day cruise.  After the show we went to the Rolling Stone Lounge for a drink (and show) and that entertainment ended at 10:30!  I kid you not when I say that was the end of all the entertainment on our ship!  At 10:30 you either go to bed, sit at near empty bar (only 1 is open after 11) or go to your cabin for sleep.  I will admit to normally being a night owl and find 10:30 a ridiculous time to end entertainment on any vessel.…

Thank you @Hlitner and @cruisemom42 for sharing your experiences with us! Sounds like a memorable journey!

I appreciate the honest comments about HAL’s (lack of) entertainment. I do wish the corporate office would realize this is important, even for those of us who choose a sailing based on itinerary and have full days.

We’ve always enjoyed the classical music onboard HAL, as well as the various other entertainers. I hope they bring the classical musicians back, even if under a different name. We were on one of the first sailings with a BB Kings and it was such a great addition. I miss the solo pianists and guitarists.

I wish they would bring back the first or second night “Welcome Show” featuring most entertainers on board. I felt that gave guests a glimpse at what was offered around the ship and on my sailings at least, seemed to boost attendance in the venues. I do enjoy the “hybrid shows” Hank mentioned, and agree that they can be some of the most well-attended of a sailing.

Hope the rest of your journey is wonderful! Appreciate all the insight into this cruise. I have never sailed in Asia but would like to some day.

All the Best!

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1

I’m sorry to hear that the entertainment continues to be subpar. I was on the European about 6 years ago, and I found the entertainment lacking even back then. Maybe some trivia during the day, but many “activities” had an extra charge associated with them. And most evenings the only entertainment/music I could find was in BB King’s which got old for me after 3 nights or so. I’ve been on about 20 cruises, and it’s the first time I was actually bored on a cruise. 

I’m currently booked on the Grand Australia cruise next year, and between what I’ve been reading on here and on some of the World Cruise blogs, I’m seriously considering cancelling the cruise. I’m traveling solo and having to pay 200%, and I’m just not sure if it is worth it to me given the cutback and lack of entertainment. 

2 hours ago, carolyn22 said:

I’m sorry to hear that the entertainment continues to be subpar. I was on the European about 6 years ago, and I found the entertainment lacking even back then. Maybe some trivia during the day, but many “activities” had an extra charge associated with them. And most evenings the only entertainment/music I could find was in BB King’s which got old for me after 3 nights or so. I’ve been on about 20 cruises, and it’s the first time I was actually bored on a cruise. 

I’m currently booked on the Grand Australia cruise next year, and between what I’ve been reading on here and on some of the World Cruise blogs, I’m seriously considering cancelling the cruise. I’m traveling solo and having to pay 200%, and I’m just not sure if it is worth it to me given the cutback and lack of entertainment. 

Sorry to quote myself - should have been Eurodam. 😄

Japan will be lifting all Covid travel restrictions on May 8.  Sorry it came late for your travels.  Covid will now fall into the category of the common cold and flu. 

https://www.afar.com/magazine/japan-does-away-with-coronavirus-related-travel-limitations?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=040723JapanDropsVisaRequirement&utm_content=Final&utm_term=Daily%20Wander%20Newsletter

1 hour ago, ncgolferette said:

Japan will be lifting all Covid travel restrictions on May 8.  Sorry it came late for your travels.  Covid will now fall into the category of the common cold and flu. 

https://www.afar.com/magazine/japan-does-away-with-coronavirus-related-travel-limitations?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=040723JapanDropsVisaRequirement&utm_content=Final&utm_term=Daily%20Wander%20Newsletter

Better late than never. I bet they reserve the right to reinstate them. Is Japan the last country still with these types of rules?

43 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Better late than never. I bet they reserve the right to reinstate them. Is Japan the last country still with these types of rules?

I’m  visiting Taipei now and they will be lifting their mask mandate April 17– close but japan beats them. Just arrived but as I walked around yesterday it seemed all the adults followed the mandate, very few of the teenagers, and none of the few westerners I saw (except me—I believe when in Rome… don’t insult your hosts)

Japan has always been a closed society with strict sanitary and masking habits. I believe it comes from years of living in close cramped quarters and not wanting sickness to spread and wipe out the town. IMO japan will have no problem reinstating mandate if need be. 

• Like 4

Good Afternoon Folks (morning in North America),

Today started early (too early) when our Captain brought us alongside the small commercial port at Omaezaki.  Apparently, we are the first "large" (to quote our guide) cruise ship to ever dock at this port and the locals wanted to show their appreciation.  So at 6:30am a very loud drum band started playing (within feet of the ship) and those of us on the Port side were abruptly woken up to the crashing drums.  It must have been hard on the crew, whose cabins were within a few feet of the drums.  As it was, our deck 8 cabin was rattling :).  The port seems to be a modest size container operation which also is an export center for new cars and small trucks.

DW and I took one of our rare cruise excursions (have to use our HIA credits) which was a 5 1/2 bus jaunt to the Kasuisai Temple and later to the Kakegawa Castle.  These places added another 100 or so steps to the "thousands" of steps we have climbed since arriving in Japan nearly one month ago.  The excursion was fine (folks actually returned to the bus on time) although our guide seemed to be obsessed with talking about all the wonderful traits associated with green tea!  We were again blessed with a near perfect day with mostly clear skies and temps in the high 60s. 

We suspect that the reason this place has not previously been a popular cruise port is that many of the attractions are some distance (in our case about an hour) distant.  We did not see the town (accessed by shuttle buses) but were told it is a relatively small and sleepy place.  Kudos to HAL for taking us to a new place :).

We are now into our 2nd fourteen-day cruise (we are on 3) and there is somewhat of a change from the last cruise.   This group of passengers seems to more lively, although last night that ended by 10pm.  When DW and I left the Rolling Stone Lounge (about 10:15) there were fewer than 40 folks in that lounge and the nearby Billboard lounge (with the 2 pianos) had even fewer folks.  The main show last night was a single showing at 7:30 of the History of HAL.  From the pretty crowded MDR (at that hour) there did not seem to be a lot of interest in that "fabulous HAL entertainment."  

Last evening was also notable because it was the 5th day (our of 15) when we have been overcharged for drinks (covered by our HIA package).  As, in the past, I sent a message to Guest Relations (using the Navigator App) and the extra charge was reversed by this morning.  HAL needs to get their act together on how the bars handle the accounting for the drink packages.  We again caution future HAL cruisers to check their "statement" on a daily basis (easily done through the Navigator App).

I want to again bring up an old pet peeve issue of mine.  Cruisers and international travelers really need to have a working Smartphone and know how it works.  On this ship, all the excursion tickets are generally handled via smartphones.  When you check-in for an excursion you are expected to show the tickets on your phone!  Hard copies are not sent to cruisers although I assume it is possible to get something by going to the shore excursion desk.  But that desk is rarely open (since we have few sea days) and the few hours when it is staffed can often find a queue with only 2 folks handling the issues.  Another weird issue is that although passengers can book alternative restaurants using the Navigator App, there does not appear to be a way to cancel a reservation without getting through to someone on the phone (this can often be near impossible) or taking the time to physically go to the restaurants when they are staffed and do not have much of a queue.  We hope that eventually HAL will improve their Navigator App and add a cancellation function. 

Hank

• Like 9

I guess great (?) minds think alike as I also took a ship excursion today. A little research did not show much near the ship and the port time was rather short, so….

My tour took me to the burial site of one of Japan’s most famous historical leaders, Ieyasu Tokugawa (on whom the novel “Shogun” is loosely based), via a scenic overlook and a steep ropeway (cable car). If anyone follows my usual postings, you’ll know I’m all about history, and this was a fascinating period in Japan’s past. It did not disappoint though my knees are complaining tonight after more than 200 steep steps at the site.

Pictured below: the ropeway, image of Tokugawa at the shrine, more cherry blossoms, the main mausoleum.

96136E46-86CE-4A29-9B11-6E49AB190D05.thumb.jpeg.e0d513f20c7d4cde02bf4e6dcd6b2095.jpeg

6E9AC235-F085-4080-A082-838FB740819A.thumb.jpeg.b9d0442dcc80536a964ab94a1a25dcb5.jpeg

5DD37370-DA5F-4D67-9879-257DE4D37C63.thumb.jpeg.025b5b71a74d3a9bddaeb6c6b03f35d7.jpeg

AD1E2212-2C04-4D21-9C24-D240202ED136.thumb.jpeg.e0d173f39549a471675b28a899725164.jpeg

There’s more to the story of his burial but too deep for this discussion! 

My comment/rant/plea of the day:  there is a real shortage of fluent English speaking guides in Japan right now. I imagine many found other jobs during the shutdown of tourism. The guides they have are doing the best they can. Most are understandable enough. Please don’t correct every mistake they make - it’s very rude (especially in Japan), and it’s counterproductive as it mostly just makes them even more self conscious.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Today started early (too early) when our Captain brought us alongside the small commercial port at Omaezaki.  Apparently, we are the first "large" (to quote our guide) cruise ship to ever dock at this port and the locals wanted to show their appreciation.  So at 6:30am a very loud drum band started playing (within feet of the ship) and those of us on the Port side were abruptly woken up to the crashing drums.  It must have been hard on the crew, whose cabins were within a few feet of the drums.  As it was, our deck 8 cabin was rattling :).  The port seems to be a modest size container operation which also is an export center for new cars and small trucks.

DW and I took one of our rare cruise excursions (have to use our HIA credits) which was a 5 1/2 bus jaunt to the Kasuisai Temple and later to the Kakegawa Castle.  These places added another 100 or so steps to the "thousands" of steps we have climbed since arriving in Japan nearly one month ago.  The excursion was fine (folks actually returned to the bus on time) although our guide seemed to be obsessed with talking about all the wonderful traits associated with green tea!  We were again blessed with a near perfect day with mostly clear skies and temps in the high 60s. 

We suspect that the reason this place has not previously been a popular cruise port is that many of the attractions are some distance (in our case about an hour) distant.  We did not see the town (accessed by shuttle buses) but were told it is a relatively small and sleepy place.  Kudos to HAL for taking us to a new place :).

We are now into our 2nd fourteen-day cruise (we are on 3) and there is somewhat of a change from the last cruise.   This group of passengers seems to more lively, although last night that ended by 10pm.  When DW and I left the Rolling Stone Lounge (about 10:15) there were fewer than 40 folks in that lounge and the nearby Billboard lounge (with the 2 pianos) had even fewer folks.  The main show last night was a single showing at 7:30 of the History of HAL.  From the pretty crowded MDR (at that hour) there did not seem to be a lot of interest in that "fabulous HAL entertainment."  

Last evening was also notable because it was the 5th day (our of 15) when we have been overcharged for drinks (covered by our HIA package).  As, in the past, I sent a message to Guest Relations (using the Navigator App) and the extra charge was reversed by this morning.  HAL needs to get their act together on how the bars handle the accounting for the drink packages.  We again caution future HAL cruisers to check their "statement" on a daily basis (easily done through the Navigator App).

I want to again bring up an old pet peeve issue of mine.  Cruisers and international travelers really need to have a working Smartphone and know how it works.  On this ship, all the excursion tickets are generally handled via smartphones.  When you check-in for an excursion you are expected to show the tickets on your phone!  Hard copies are not sent to cruisers although I assume it is possible to get something by going to the shore excursion desk.  But that desk is rarely open (since we have few sea days) and the few hours when it is staffed can often find a queue with only 2 folks handling the issues.  Another weird issue is that although passengers can book alternative restaurants using the Navigator App, there does not appear to be a way to cancel a reservation without getting through to someone on the phone (this can often be near impossible) or taking the time to physically go to the restaurants when they are staffed and do not have much of a queue.  We hope that eventually HAL will improve their Navigator App and add a cancellation function. 

Hank

Simple solution to the problem of not being able to book HAL excursions without a smartphone, just don't book HAL excursions. Haven't some of our most experienced cruisers, like for instance that Hank fellow, said many times to not book ship excursions, but instead to explore independently, or sometimes with an independent tour through a roll call? 

41 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I guess great (?) minds think alike as I also took a ship excursion today. A little research did not show much near the ship and the port time was rather short, so….

My tour took me to the burial site of one of Japan’s most famous historical leaders, Ieyasu Tokugawa (on whom the novel “Shogun” is loosely based), via a scenic overlook and a steep ropeway (cable car). If anyone follows my usual postings, you’ll know I’m all about history, and this was a fascinating period in Japan’s past. It did not disappoint though my knees are complaining tonight after more than 200 steep steps at the site.

Pictured below: the ropeway, image of Tokugawa at the shrine, more cherry blossoms, the main mausoleum.

96136E46-86CE-4A29-9B11-6E49AB190D05.thumb.jpeg.e0d513f20c7d4cde02bf4e6dcd6b2095.jpeg

6E9AC235-F085-4080-A082-838FB740819A.thumb.jpeg.b9d0442dcc80536a964ab94a1a25dcb5.jpeg

5DD37370-DA5F-4D67-9879-257DE4D37C63.thumb.jpeg.025b5b71a74d3a9bddaeb6c6b03f35d7.jpeg

AD1E2212-2C04-4D21-9C24-D240202ED136.thumb.jpeg.e0d173f39549a471675b28a899725164.jpeg

My comment/rant/plea of the day:  there is a real shortage of fluent English speaking guides in Japan right now. I imagine many found other jobs during the shutdown of tourism. The guides they have are doing the best they can. Most are understandable enough. Please don’t correct every mistake they make - it’s very rude (especially in Japan), and it’s counterproductive as it mostly just makes them even more self conscious.

I agree about correcting pronunciation mistakes.  Does anyone ever think that is a polite thing to do to anyone?  I know people love to do that.  I find it odd.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Simple solution to the problem of not being able to book HAL excursions without a smartphone, just don't book HAL excursions. Haven't some of our most experienced cruisers, like for instance that Hank fellow, said many times to not book ship excursions, but instead to explore independently, or sometimes with an independent tour through a roll call? 

But even then…a smartphone sure makes it easy to get in touch with your private guide in case there’s a last minute issue (like the Japanese authorities holding up all disembarkations for more than an hour past our scheduled tour start time). Almost all guides seem to use WhatsApp, a no cost messaging app. That way they don’t leave when you don’t show up for an hour!

Or if you are touring on your own in a place like Japan where fluency in English is low, you can download Google translate for Japanese and you can manage to communicate with a taxi driver or ticket agent or salesperson…. And of course the obvious Google maps if you end up somewhere after a wrong turn or three. 😱

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Last evening was also notable because it was the 5th day (our of 15) when we have been overcharged for drinks (covered by our HIA package). 

Have you been able to check at what point the error is made ?  It appears that the bartender's computer screens have menus and submenus with buttons to click for most drinks, with the computer looking up the price.  And I would have thought that the computer would then look up your account, see that you have the drinks package, and adjust the charge - so that would imply a programming problem.  But on the other hand, perhaps the waiter is supposed to be clicking an additional button to get the discounted price.  Do your cards have any marking that the waiter should be noting ?  That could be why it's erratic - a training issue.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Loved reading this entry @Hlitner. I used to travel to Omaezaki on business several occasions. We could see the commercial port from the office and it was fascinating to see the large automobile carriers docked and loading cars for several days. It is a beautiful region and I fondly remember our drive to the office past the rolling hills that were covered in tea plants. Kakegawa was the train station we would use to get to Omaezaki from Tokyo. Sometimes we stayed in the city and sometimes at a country club hotel overlooking the ocean, Glad you were able to experience one of my favorite parts of Japan.

Edited by 2inSETexas
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, JennysUncle said:

Do your cards have any marking that the waiter should be noting ?  That could be why it's erratic - a training issue.

On the Noordam in February, our cards had HIA in small print in the upper right-hand corner. We were charged for our drinks on just the 1st day and had them reversed. The rest of the cruise we had no problems, although a 6 cent charge appeared on our statement even though we still had a large nonrefundable balance. We did spend almost all of that before the end of the cruise but when I checked our credit card statement at home, there was a 6 cent charge from Holland America. 🤔

5 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

We did spend almost all of that before the end of the cruise but when I checked our credit card statement at home, there was a 6 cent charge from Holland America. 🤔

Maybe local sales tax if you ordered while still in port?

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

But even then…a smartphone sure makes it easy to get in touch with your private guide in case there’s a last minute issue (like the Japanese authorities holding up all disembarkations for more than an hour past our scheduled tour start time). Almost all guides seem to use WhatsApp, a no cost messaging app. That way they don’t leave when you don’t show up for an hour!

Or if you are touring on your own in a place like Japan where fluency in English is low, you can download Google translate for Japanese and you can manage to communicate with a taxi driver or ticket agent or salesperson…. And of course the obvious Google maps if you end up somewhere after a wrong turn or three. 😱

Well, I am almost always lost, and I am sure a smartphone would not help that. 😉 DW, OTOH, has an amazing sense of direction, and I just follow along. 😊

There was one time we were totally lost on a DIY. It was in Santorini. We stumbled upon a museum in a cave about ancient life in Santorini. The guide did the tour in English for us and Greek for the other couple on the tour. Afterwards, we showed him our HAL provided map and asked him to point out where we were on the map. He laughed and said we were off the map. He asked if we had a car, and when the answer was no tried unsuccessfully to call a cab for us. Then he pointed out a shortcut to get where we would be on the map. How about that crude technology, getting help from a fellow human being! 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Love using Google Translate, google maps is also terrific!  I use my regular compass to help orientate myself to directions in new places.

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Did the excursion state it  would have the steep steps and state it was medium to hard excursion? When we went to Japan in 2017 and 2019 with Princess the excursions were actually offered my Carnival Corporation but sold through Princess and we took a couple of excursions that were actually a bit strenuous but stated easy. We found that we needed to be careful on what we selected. Japanese think nothing of walking numerous miles and walking lots of stairs so the definitions of what was easy vs strenuous were vastly different. Just wondering what this stated for you.

Also totally agree about being kind to the guides, they really take such pride in their jobs which is quite different than many other countries especially US. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JennysUncle said:

Have you been able to check at what point the error is made ?  It appears that the bartender's computer screens have menus and submenus with buttons to click for most drinks, with the computer looking up the price.  And I would have thought that the computer would then look up your account, see that you have the drinks package, and adjust the charge - so that would imply a programming problem.  But on the other hand, perhaps the waiter is supposed to be clicking an additional button to get the discounted price.  Do your cards have any marking that the waiter should be noting ?  That could be why it's erratic - a training issue.

Our cruise cards are clearly marked with "HIA" in the upper right corner.  We do not know if the error happens at entry (inadequatly trained bar staff) or within the onboard IT system.  But it obviously is a big problem for HAL since we are not the only folks with "HIA" and the Signature Package.  Consider that just for us (DW and myself) the errors have totaled around $100,,so far.  Exterpolate that to the 2000+ others on the ship, and the number of HAL ships, and we are talking lots of money (always in HAL's favor).  

Last night we enjoyed the new "Third Avenue West" group who played in the Port Side of the Ocean Bar area (where the piano is located).  It is a trio (guitar, bass, and piano) and they play what I would call contemporary smooth jazz.   Quite delightful for background music in a lounge setting.  For us, this is a good thing.  But for the many HAL cruisers who enjoy classical music, not having anyone playing at the Lincoln Center Stage is a disappointment.  This should not be an either/or situation as HAL needs both kinds of music.

Speaking of entertainment, folks might want to consider what HAL has done over the years.  At one time, on a ship like the "Westy" we would have had 8 dancers, 4 singers, and a ship band (which used to be 5-7 pieces).  That has all been replaced with 6 Step One Dancers!  Most of the HAL entertainment moves have been about eliminating positions.  There used to also be two dance instructors (generally a married couple) who conducted dance lessons.  That is also gone!  Those dance instructors only cost HAL the cost of a cabin (and food) as the instructors were not paid.  It is the same with bridge instructors (we did have two onboard earlier in the cruise). 

Hank

• Like 3

I highly doubt it's the way the crew is putting in the order.  I mean how many buttons do you think there is? I'm willing to bet it's hals system.  Back sbout a year ago hal brought in s team on the koningsdam to straighten out the system errors with hia.  They didn't come on the straighten out employees.