Shareholder benefit

amajaa

Just sent off for my OBC and had an email back saying you can’t apply before 3 months of sailing. Well we have never had that before and have had OBC added up to a year in advance. Reading on other social media it seems to be hit and miss, sone people have had the same email others have just got it applied months in advance and many have reapplied straight away and then had it added. It seems to be whoever actioned your email as to whether you get it or not. Very strange

What are others experiences

15 minutes ago, thinfool said:

Not uncommon as others have reported the same....solution seems to be resubmittal.  There is no such requirement on the CCL shareholder page.

I always Email the Princess request form, and it does state, in the fine print: "Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date." That being said, in the last few years I've sent them in as much as six months in advance and the OBC were posted within days.

44 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Just sent off for my OBC and had an email back saying you can’t apply before 3 months of sailing. Well we have never had that before and have had OBC added up to a year in advance. Reading on other social media it seems to be hit and miss, sone people have had the same email others have just got it applied months in advance and many have reapplied straight away and then had it added. It seems to be whoever actioned your email as to whether you get it or not. Very strange

What are others experiences

Important for everyone to note that this relates to the UK, so US experiences are not really of use.

And yes, when I applied to Southampton for my obc, I was also told that applications would not be processed more than three months prior to the cruise date. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

And yes, when I applied to Southampton for my obc, I was also told that applications would not be processed more than three months prior to the cruise date. 

Same here (and also UK), even though I had only applied 95 days before, I was still told to reapply within the 90 days.

Interesting.  I applied for OBC for a cruise I booked for next February.  I received an email response last week that said I could not submit a request until the cruise was six months out.

They also complained about the document I submitted as proof, even though it was exactly the same document I submitted successfully before.

To me this comes down to the individual whims of the person who reads your email and interprets “company policy”.  Or the company doesn’t have a thorough training process or the company policy changes so often that the agents go with what they think is right or won’t get them into trouble.  

10 hours ago, Sea Green said:

Always 3 months or less for UK brands. Think its to ensure you don't sell the shares as soon as you get the OBC 

We have had our OBC added for Arcadia in December a few weeks ago. Previously for Princess we had the OBC added a long time in advance, last year we had one added a year before the cruise, so this is new to us.

I just submitted request for January 2024 cruise this week Tuesday and credit showed on Wednesday.  However, while I always receive an email that the request has been received I never (ever)receive one saying credit has been applied.

The official policy is 3 months, and the CCL cruise lines do follow that in their UK offices. However, Princess in the US has mostly ignored that restriction since they started to require payment at time of booking excursions in order to allow people to use the OBC when booking excursions early.

On 3/16/2023 at 9:25 AM, lx200gps said:

I always Email the Princess request form, and it does state, in the fine print: "Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date." That being said, in the last few years I've sent them in as much as six months in advance and the OBC were posted within days.

That’s my experience as well.  With today’s CCL price the 100 share benefit has been a real loser.

5 hours ago, wendellman said:

I emailed form 5 days ago. How long is it currently taking for credit to post?

I submitted email last Sunday and benefit was posted on Tuesday for cruise in June 2023. Last Wednesday submitted for cruise in August 2023 and benefit posted the next day, yesterday Thursday.

Seems odd your request has not been completed since I obviously sent both of mine after you.

6 hours ago, ldtr said:

The official policy is 3 months, and the CCL cruise lines do follow that in their UK offices. However, Princess in the US has mostly ignored that restriction since they started to require payment at time of booking excursions in order to allow people to use the OBC when booking excursions early.

Once again us Brits lose out. We also can't bid for upgrades,  and our deposits are 100% non refundable. 

49 minutes ago, Princess Chatterer said:

That’s my experience as well.  With today’s CCL price the 100 share benefit has been a real loser.

I'm definitely in the red considering my basis, but considering the dividends I got before the shutdown and all the OBC I've gotten from the shareholder benefit, I'm pretty sure I'm in the black.

• Like 3

I submitted mine on Monday for a cruise next week and it was on my account yesterday. Got the automated email back instantly but no approval email.

Submitted one for June today and no confirmation email we’ll see how long that one takes or if I need to resubmit

12 hours ago, wendellman said:

I emailed form 5 days ago. How long is it currently taking for credit to post?

Princess put the OBC in our account the following day.  Carnival (on the same email) took a week.

re: the stocks being a loser; we bought at way too high a price, are still a little in the red, but we don't play stocks with money we need, and we bought it specifically for the OBC.  By the time it gets willed to our grand/children, I expect that it will have rebounded well, and we will have enjoyed many things we wouldn't have otherwise paid cash for.

Edited by Incognito1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

we bought it specifically for the OBC. ..

Same with us.  We have more than made up the entire purchase price with the OBC benefits over what we paid for the stock.  I doubt that we will ever sell the stock.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Same with us.  We have more than made up the entire purchase price with the OBC benefits over what we paid for the stock.  I doubt that we will ever sell the stock.

Same here. Bought the 100 Min and will recoup the purchase within the next year

• Like 1