Refundable Cruises

Keith1951

Haven't cruised since covid started and ready to get back.  But my issue is refundable cruises.  Carnival, at least the rep told me that only certain cruises are refundable.  I got tired of calling every time I found a cruise online and wanted to see if it was refundable.  RCL, online all cruises I found can be made refundable for a few dollars more.  Before covid all my cruises were refundable.  I dont want future cruise credit, I want all my money back if I cancel before final payment.  Is this something new where cruise lines have stopped refundable cruises on some cruises, and starting to refund you with future cruise credits?

I think some line have  a "saver fare" or discount fare   & they are non refundable 

but many still have refundable deposits if you cancel before the penalty time kick is  usually before final payment

Check the Terms & conditions for the  cruise line

It appears that their current "sale" price includes a non-refundable deposit. You could look for cruises that don't qualify for the sale. Or see if they can charge you a non-sale price if you call to book. 

Edited by sanger727
  • Like 1