?? re Crown & Anchor Points

My wife and I have the same number of points.

All of our cruises do show in the "past history."

However, she actually has 1 more cruise than I do. Her point total is correct.

My point total should be less than it shows.

Any ideas as to why the discrepancy?

You get whatever points she has when married.

I am diamond therefore my husband is diamond when traveling with me. If he travels without me he doesn’t get diamond benefits. So he has points of his own and married points

12 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

If your account is linked then it just shows the highest status and the highest points for both.

Your actual points are still tracked in their system but only the highest of you both is displayed.  If at any time the points and status is different then you gotta resync it by doing that remove loyalty number trick 😉

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Call C&A and get your wife's total fixed...

Married couples are linked in the C&A system.  The points acquired by partner with the higher number of points (I’ll call that person the couple’s point leader) will show when either spouse logs in.  when the point leader reaches a new level , both partners gain the benefit if that level.  If you personally to call Royal Caribbean, you would find they are tracking your number, too (but it is lower)

Use this info wisely if you can.  If there were ever a time that three of you were going on a cruise in two cabins, try to put your wife as the solo (double points for the point leader).  

If you take a short cruise with a friend, your hidden total tracked by Royal will increase, but, unless your new total surpasses your wife’s old total, the number you see when you log in won’t change.  

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, renza said:

I am diamond therefore my husband is diamond when traveling with me. If he travels without me he doesn’t get diamond benefits. So he has points of his own and married points

Why wouldn’t he get diamond benefits? 

your total won’t increase if he sails without you. His personal total will but his benefits remain.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Call C&A and get your wife's total fixed...

That makes no sense at all 

"However, she actually has 1 more cruise than I do. Her point total is correct." Bolded quote is from original post

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Why wouldn’t he get diamond benefits? 

your total won’t increase if he sails without you. His personal total will but his benefits remain.

He gets diamond benefits with me. Without me his points are not high enough. 

8 minutes ago, renza said:

On Royal Caribbean, your accounts should be linked.  If you are Diamond, your spouse is Diamond.  If your accounts are properly linked, when he logs in on Royal’s website, he should see your point total.  Your accounts are not properly linked, call C&A

Edited by Starry Eyes

You have no cruises marry  a Diamond register with CnA  you become Diamond 0 pts all benefits 

You go on 2 7nt cruises with spouse 

Your now Diamond 14 pts all benefits 

You divorce spouse go on 7nt cruise 

Your now Diamond 21 pts all benefits 

You remarry new spouse go on cruise she’s Diamond all benefits 

You just can’t get to Diamond + with out doing the correct # of nts 

unless you get third Diamond who is Diamond +

1 hour ago, renza said:

If you are linked, you are linked.

If you are not linked, you are not linked. 

his benefits will be the same whether you are there or not.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, nolimits said:

You have no cruises marry  a Diamond register with CnA  you become Diamond 0 pts all benefits 

And, if your children are under 18 and take a cruise while you were a Diamond, they become diamond.  Once they have children and take them on a cruise, then the grandchildren are also diamond.  That's three generations of diamonds who may by themselves only have "gold" points...  This is why the system is destined to fail at some point.

2 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

Keep in mind EVERY phone call I've made has provided me a completely different answer, but what I was just told is non-D+ cruiser gets status, but not the points. Therefore, if they cruise without you, they don't get the status for that sailing.

I don't think that is correct. If someone gets to a level, even by someone else's points, they are that level when they sail. However, they can't progress to the next level until they actually earn the points for that level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

Keep in mind EVERY phone call I've made has provided me a completely different answer, but what I was just told is non-D+ cruiser gets status, but not the points. Therefore, if they cruise without you, they don't get the status for that sailing.

That's odd because my child (who is otherwise emerald) went on a cruise last year by himself and some friends and was given Diamond benefits on the ship (which was my status at the time he turned 18).  Now, for him to get D+, he has to get that through his own points since he is over 18.

20 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

Absolutely not true. Not sure who is telling you this, but they are completely misinformed. As long as your husband's C&A account is linked with yours, he retains the same status as you regardless of when or with whom he sails. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

Yes, a linked spouse (or child) gets your status.  Yes, they have their own point count.  Your last sentence is not true.  If your spouse is a Diamond, then your spouse is a Diamond, and your spouse gets Diamond benefits. That the spouse is “only” a Diamond because he is linked to your account does not matter; he will be treated as a D when sailing without you.  His card will say Diamond; it will not have his point total.

Now, if hypothetically he continues to sail alone (and you no longer sail with Royal), to get to D+ he must raise his own personal point total to 175.  Your point total does not help him get to 175.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, renza said:

20 hours ago, nolimits said:

LMAO

you've uncovered The newest pyramid scheme to rock the cruise industry !

• Haha 1