Considering Silversea Questions

terry&mike

51 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Because? Interested to hear your reasons - it clearly won’t be because of the price 😂😉

Just wait for 3 weeks so i can give you a realy fair comparison of Silverseas

Regent was not always as pricey but there comes a point where if your a UK resident you spend it or see your relatives stung by 40% IHT ......but as with most things you get what you pay for and having done pretty much majority of lines Itinery is important but we do not deviate from Regent unless theres little option ....certainly wont be Seabourn though 

8 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Out of interest have you sailed on Regent Seven Seas ?

I agree some Silversea Itineries attract especially Japan because it includes more ports than other lines .....we did do one Silversea some years ago but can  honestly say generally Regent appeals more 

I am aware of Regent, but have not sailed them. I’m interested in Indian Ocean, and cruises off the African coast (Madagascar, Seychelles, Mozambique), Regent doesn’t seem to focus much on this area. 

8 hours ago, terry&mike said:

I am aware of Regent, but have not sailed them. I’m interested in Indian Ocean, and cruises off the African coast (Madagascar, Seychelles, Mozambique), Regent doesn’t seem to focus much on this area. 

That’s mainly because it’s a long way from the States and too far for many Americans to travel to. We’ve been travelling to the Seychelles since the early 80’s and apart from the occasional World Cruise visit it’s rare to hear an American accent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Love the Seychelles.  Americans actually do go there after their Africa trips.

Years ago I was stationed in Germany and heard a lot about the Seychelles back then.  The Germans I worked with considered the Seychelles to be what Hawaii had been like before it became so heavily developed as a tourist location.  I don’t remember the exact circumstances but about the time I was researching a possible vacation there was some kind of unrest in the Seychelles.  What ever was going on it put the Seychelles “off limits” for me so it never happened. Haven’t really looked at potential cruises that might visit but worth thinking about.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bayonejoe said:

Ice Bear, YES

currently on moon. Small room , get there early am and no problem 

Or go to the upper floors as people who reside there are more likely to have free laundry and thus not use their facilities. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 3:57 PM, Stickman1990 said:

Because? Interested to hear your reasons - it clearly won’t be because of the price 😂😉

As a solo traveler, Regent's prices are looking much more attractive these days than Silversea. At present, SS only has 5 voyages available between now and the end of 2024 in the Mediterranean in the reduced single supplement offer. Only 2 of those are fewer than 26 days. Meanwhile, Regent is offering low single supplements (including some at 0%) on many voyages across all regions.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

As a solo traveler, Regent's prices are looking much more attractive these days than Silversea. At present, SS only has 5 voyages available between now and the end of 2024 in the Mediterranean in the reduced single supplement offer. Only 2 of those are fewer than 26 days. Meanwhile, Regent is offering low single supplements (including some at 0%) on many voyages across all regions.  

Go and enjoy Regent    its great and Solo travellers are taken care of 

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2023 at 3:32 PM, Ice Bear said:

Question: Are the Self-Service washer and dryer on Silver Dawn stacked in an extremely small laundry room similar to Silver Spirit? The deck plan indicates a limited space. Thank you.

yep - was on the Dawn in Jan and very limited space.  And just FYI, the upper deck ones seemed busy so maybe many know that "trick"

Unique for me to consider accessibility of a Ship’s Laundry Rooms. I looked at the Deck Plans for Silver Nova and Silver Ray: It appears the floor space of the Laundry Rooms will be significantly larger. Each may provide six washers and six dryers.