Extra Veggies in the MDR?

A few cruises ago when dining in the MDR we started asking for an extra plate of whatever veggies they were serving that night be brought out with our entrees. I know I'm probably in the minority but I really like most of the steamed veggies that they serve. This request has alway been accomodated and usually becomes automatic with our wait staff after the first or second night. With the recent changes in some of the MDR procedures I'm wondering if such a request will still be accomodated? Anyone had any luck getting a special request like this under the new rules?

Thanks

• Like 2

We  were on  2 cruises this month ,didn't order and extra plate , but wife on low crab diet so got several extra veggies on plate. They do have the  no two entees  served at same time in place. I like crab cakes   on first night and always get a double but place them on one plate.

48 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

A few cruises ago when dining in the MDR we started asking for an extra plate of whatever veggies they were serving that night be brought out with our entrees. I know I'm probably in the minority but I really like most of the steamed veggies that they serve. This request has alway been accomodated and usually becomes automatic with our wait staff after the first or second night. With the recent changes in some of the MDR procedures I'm wondering if such a request will still be accomodated? Anyone had any luck getting a special request like this under the new rules?

Thanks

Getting extra veggies has never been a problem, on the old menus or the new ones.

Edited by brillohead

26 minutes ago, villager70 said:

We  were on  2 cruises this month ,didn't order and extra plate , but wife on low crab diet so got several extra veggies on plate. They do have the  no two entees  served at same time in place. I like crab cakes   on first night and always get a double but place them on one plate.

There is no such rule.  You may have had a waiter who didn't want to bring two plates out at the same time, but this isn't a rule and if you want two entrees placed on the table at the same time, you should be accommodated.  

8 minutes ago, brillohead said:

You may have had a waiter who didn't want to bring two plates out at the same time, but this isn't a rule and if you want two entrees placed on the table at the same time, you should be accommodated.  

there is now. With the new menu, RCI also rolled out the "no two entries at the same time". Just read the MDR related threads.

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

there is now. With the new menu, RCI also rolled out the "no two entries at the same time". Just read the MDR related threads.

I was on Allure for three consecutive weeks with the new menus and this wasn't a rule.

No freebie extra lobster tails, but no problem getting extra entrees.

Edited by brillohead

3 minutes ago, brillohead said:

no problem getting extra entrees.

the problem is not with GETTING EXTRA entrees. The problem is with them being served at the SAME TIME.

Everybody else is reporting this problem. You may have gotten lucky, but others said that waiters went as far as to say they would get in trouble.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 2

I used to request and get an extra Iceberg salad every night of the cruise in MDR on all my cruises, but the last two cruises in the past month they have refused to do it anymore.  They say no more special food orders if not on menu.  Reflected this in the survey.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, superduper123 said:

I don't know. I've never thought to ask, but I love veggies also, so will be asking on my cruise in two weeks.  😀

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who likes the veggies. Have a great cruise.

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

We will ask for some extra veggies on our cruise in two weeks and will report upon our return.

Thanks. Looking forward to hearing to hearing back from you. Have a great cruise.

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Getting extra veggies has never been a problem, on the old menus or the new ones.

Good to hear. Thanks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jcol5786 said:

Thanks

Just got off the Jewel March 11. That was the one thing to me that was lacking. I love vegetables and usually eat a lot with dinner. Every night after dinner I would say to myself, tomorrow I am going to order extra veggies, every night I forgot. 🤦‍♀️ lol Especially when they had fresh spinach. You can get fresh veggies and dip from the kids menu. My granddaughter got those every night. Good luck. I'm sure it will be fine. I hope I will remember in Oct when I take my next cruise. 

30 minutes ago, Choozin Croozin said:

I love vegetables and usually eat a lot with dinner. Every night after dinner I would say to myself, tomorrow I am going to order extra veggies, every night I forgot. 

You can even ask for more in the middle of the meal, and they'll bring extra!

Or tell your waiter, "please double my veggies with every meal this week" -- they're wanting that tip and that "10" on the survey, they'll remember!

• Like 2

This is a good thread as someone on another thread mentioned getting one piece of broccoli and one carrot. I'm not much of a meat eater and would love a lot more veggies. Waiting to hear as we are contemplating a cruise this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Now if they could just cook the veggies!   I can always order a salad, which I love...but I like my side veggies cooked.  No munching on rabbit food with my chicken please.  

Each to their own. I'm ok with a little crunch in my veggies but I like liver as well!!

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I was on Allure for three consecutive weeks with the new menus and this wasn't a rule.

No freebie extra lobster tails, but no problem getting extra entrees.

Definitely was a rule on anthem 2 weeks ago. Table next to us wanted the lobster and steak. They were told they had to choose which one they wanted first.  Both chose steak the lobster came when they were about halfway through.

I had no issue ordering 2 starters as a main dish though.

As with everything it's probably an Inconsistent new rule.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jcol5786 said:

Each to their own. I'm ok with a little crunch in my veggies but I like liver as well!!

I love liver...well chicken liver anyway...but not good for me.  Sigh...

Doc once told me, if it tastes good...spit it out.  If it tastes like cardboard, you can eat it.  😉 

At least I do love Tofu.  😄 

Edited by island lady

On 3/18/2023 at 2:32 PM, depplep said:

This is a good thread as someone on another thread mentioned getting one piece of broccoli and one carrot. I'm not much of a meat eater and would love a lot more veggies. Waiting to hear as we are contemplating a cruise this year.

I always ask for extra veggies and they always bring out a whole plate.

• Like 1