Classic Beverage Package questions

hisfirstm8

19 minutes ago, cruznoob57 said:

Regardless of package, are you only able to order what is listed on the menu re cocktails? 

You can order whatever you want , but if it is not made with alcohol in your package, you pay the difference plus gratuities, and it could only be a dollar or two more on your account 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rockymaya said:

There was no substitute for Baileys when I sailed in February.They had a bar well grade of Amaretto.It wasn't as good as Disaronna.

Thanks for the info, will happily try the well grade Amaretto 

On 3/19/2023 at 11:46 AM, cruznoob57 said:

Regardless of package, are you only able to order what is listed on the menu re cocktails? 

I believe the World Class Bar is the only one with a limited drink menu.  Most of the other bars on the ship will serve you any drink you want, provided they have the ingredients or you are willing to accept substitutes. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

I believe the World Class Bar is the only one with a limited drink menu.  Most of the other bars on the ship will serve you any drink you want, provided they have the ingredients or you are willing to accept substitutes. 

WCB will gladly serve you a shot neat or on the rocks of any liquor they have, if the cocktails don’t suit your fancy.  I have gone this route before.

• Like 1

I don’t know the answer to OP’s specific question, but I did want to say that we are just off the Beyond, and the Classic was better than I expected. I drank mostly sparkling wine and chardonnay, lattes from al Baccio, one martini (not for me!) DH drank beer, gin and tonics, wine, one martini. The only thing we were charged extra for all week was my martini, not his. We were never pressured to upgrade to Premium, and only on the first day did anyone even asked. It was never mentioned again. This really surprised me. 
Now, we were not overly picky about the name brands, but the wines were pretty good, and it was great not to sign a tab, and I am glad we did not upgrade. 
oh, also lots of bottled (canned water) and sodas were included, yes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

33 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

WCB will gladly serve you a shot neat or on the rocks of any liquor they have, if the cocktails don’t suit your fancy.  I have gone this route before.

I've had "custom" cocktails from World Class Bar, as well.  If they have the stuff to make it, they'll make it. I've even given them recipes.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried ordering mocktails on the classic package?   My MIL is not a big drinker but would like to try different frozen drinks and cocktails that are either light on the alcohol or no alcohol.   

4 hours ago, jdeer76 said:

Has anyone tried ordering mocktails on the classic package?   My MIL is not a big drinker but would like to try different frozen drinks and cocktails that are either light on the alcohol or no alcohol.   

Any drink with alcohol that is included within the Classic drink package is also included if you have them make it without alcohol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Any drink with alcohol that is included within the Classic drink package is also included if you have them make it without alcohol.

Thank you.   That's what I figured but you never can tell.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 12:31 PM, spammie said:

image.jpg

@spammie could you kindly tell me when this pic is from? The Celebrity website lists Guinness as a premium beer, and doesn't list Sam Adams or Red Stripe at all.  Sailing in July with the Classic package.... Your post has me hopeful.😀 Thx

2 hours ago, Bstein493 said:

What sparkling wines were on the classic package?  We like a dry sparkling wine and last time we were able to get Chandon and the time before that the Celebrity Vintage was good

The sparkling wines completely vary depending on where you are cruising and what they have in stock.  DW has always liked the Prosecco. 

14 hours ago, Bstein493 said:

What sparkling wines were on the classic package?  We like a dry sparkling wine and last time we were able to get Chandon and the time before that the Celebrity Vintage was good

I gave up on asking for a specific one. It was different everywhere I went, and I didn’t really care as I liked them all except one.  

Can anyone advise on the best way to upgrade from classic drinks package to premium?  I recall doing it online before but can’t see that option ( yet). I am in the UK and my cruise is in July on Reflection. 

2 hours ago, Les43 said:

Can anyone advise on the best way to upgrade from classic drinks package to premium?  I recall doing it online before but can’t see that option ( yet). I am in the UK and my cruise is in July on Reflection. 

Unless you are trying to get a loyalty discount, the easiest thing to do is upgrade once on board. Any bartender can do it, and the one who does it gets at least a piece of the gratuity (so you might make a friend).

4 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Unless you are trying to get a loyalty discount, the easiest thing to do is upgrade once on board. Any bartender can do it, and the one who does it gets at least a piece of the gratuity (so you might make a friend).

Thanks!

Ceelbrity sent me details of the drinks packages a couple of days ago:

"I have attached our most recent Beverage Package flyer which details the drinks that you will have included. You can get any drink at the Martini Bar, however the Martini's are not covered by the Classic Package. You would have to pay the additional cost of anything over $10 per drinks plus the additional 20% bar gratuities"

I wonder if any wines from the Cellar Masters wine bar are included?

Beverage_Package_Brochure.jpg

Edited by JiggeryPokery
  • Thanks 2

I must have been dozing but I think this is the first time I noticed that Zero Proof Frozen and non-Frozen cocktails are not included on the classic package, only on the Premium and Zero Proof packages.  I could have sworn I read that you could get mock cocktails on the Classic package but guess I am remembering it wrong.