Daily Schedule Onboard?

Sky622

Hi, we are new to Celebrity and just wondering if there’s any way to view an example of the daily entertainment and things going on during the day/night on the ship. Showtimes, etc. Is it really necessary to make dinner reservations in advance for the open dining? How hard is it to get into the specialty restaurants if booking onboard? BTW we are doing the Alaska Southbound on 6/16/2023…Thanks for

the help!! 

I would not recommend waiting until you are on board to book specialty restaurants unless you are buying a multi-night package.  While they do hold back some reservations for onboard bookings, you may as well go ahead and book them beforehand to know what you have (and get what you want).  Even if you have to book a time that is not ideal, I would rather have that in hand and then try to change it once on board.

You do not have to make reservations for open ("select") dining, but it helps a great deal to avoid waiting.  If you have a reservation, you can get in the "reservation" line to either be seated immediately or to get a beeper.  If you don't have a reservation, then you are in the longer, slower "no reservation" line that can be something of a hassle.

For activities, you may already have a daily schedule available in your app.  If not, one likely will show up soon or someone may post something.  You also can look for reviews and past threads.

Have fun!  Millenium is a great ship, and Alaska cruises are wonderful.

• Like 2

Best way to view activities is to download the Celebrity App -   Choose ships we support an choose a current cruise for Millennium.    There is a link to Daily Planner.   Filter on All activities instead of suggested activities and you can see an idea of what activities are available hourly.

On 3/19/2023 at 9:56 PM, Sky622 said:

Hi, we are new to Celebrity and just wondering if there’s any way to view an example of the daily entertainment and things going on during the day/night on the ship. Showtimes, etc. Is it really necessary to make dinner reservations in advance for the open dining? How hard is it to get into the specialty restaurants if booking onboard? BTW we are doing the Alaska Southbound on 6/16/2023…Thanks for

the help!! 

You should receive a printed daily brochure, "Celebrity Today," either in your cabin or outside your door (depending on if the steward can get into your room) that shows everything going on each day. The photo here shows the last page of one of our daily brochures...

As @Jim_Iain notes, the Celebrity app offers the same functionality. I preferred the app; my wife liked the printed piece. It's obviously up to you!

Otherwise, making dinner reservations in advance is generally less expensive, but once you board, you will probably encounter many staff members asking you to make reservations for this-or-that place, as well as other special events. If you do make a reservation onboard, I suggest making sure you bring a receipt. We signed up for a wine-tasting thing on our last cruise and, when arriving a few days later, we were not listed and the receipt saved the day, so to speak.

Have fun!

cjr

SCHEDULE_2022.jpeg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sky622 said:

Thanks everyone! I’ll keep an eye on the app! All this planning is exhausting….🤪😴

But it will be worth it, don't you think?  The app is pretty handy.  I've only done one Celebrity cruise in 2019 and two this year.  So I had to learn what was in the app.

• Like 1