Canada Nexus Interviews Available

1kaper

38 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

Great! I think I'll apply.

Anyone know if you can bring your travelling companions with you through the Nexus line? 

No. Everyone has to have Nexus to use the Nexus lines.

3 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

Great! I think I'll apply.

Anyone know if you can bring your travelling companions with you through the Nexus line? 

No, and that includes border crossings by car. Everyone in the vehicle needs to have Nexus or you are stuck joining the regular lines.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

No, and that includes border crossings by car. Everyone in the vehicle needs to have Nexus or you are stuck joining the regular lines.

That is crazy! Someone in our household would be livid. Guess I'll add this to my list of things to do in the coming months. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

That is crazy! Someone in our household would be livid. Guess I'll add this to my list of things to do in the coming months. 

It does complicate things. For example, one of my grandsons plays hockey for a team that has a US team in the league, and his team also plays in some US tournaments. Parents who are Nexus members and used to the speedier crossings seldom get to use the faster lane when car pooling to these games, as very few of the players are Nexus members. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

Why is it crazy? Nexus pre-clears people. Why would one expect uncleared people to receive the same treatment?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Why is it crazy? Nexus pre-clears people. Why would one expect uncleared people to receive the same treatment?

TSA PreChek and Global Entry, which are both Trusted Traveller programs, permit families to go through together. 

Finally, after three years of waiting for a Nexus Renewal Card interview (he was an unlucky one) being forced to do this interview (random they say), he secured a date and time of his preference in May at Pearson.  

On 3/21/2023 at 8:20 PM, mrgabriel said:

TSA PreChek and Global Entry, which are both Trusted Traveller programs, permit families to go through together. 

TSA PreChek only allows children 12 and under to accompany their parent or guardian - spouses and other family members are not eligible. Global Entry benefits are member specific and cannot be extended to others (as per the US Government Global Entry website). 

56 minutes ago, XLVIII said:

TSA PreChek only allows children 12 and under to accompany their parent or guardian - spouses and other family members are not eligible. Global Entry benefits are member specific and cannot be extended to others (as per the US Government Global Entry website). 

I was stating my experience. I have TSA PreChek, my husband does not. We have NEVER been separated, always waved through together. This was on dozens and dozens of trips in different US airports over the last 7 or 8 years. 

14 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

I was stating my experience. I have TSA PreChek, my husband does not. We have NEVER been separated, always waved through together. This was on dozens and dozens of trips in different US airports over the last 7 or 8 years. 

TSA Pre Chek is not Nexus 🙄

you wouldn’t be able to cross the land board with TSA Precheck 
https://ttp.dhs.gov

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

TSA Pre Chek is not Nexus 🙄

you wouldn’t be able to cross the land board with TSA Precheck 
https://ttp.dhs.gov

Right - I GET THAT.  They are very similar programs in that they're Trusted Traveller programs. I'll refrain from conversations here going forward. 

18 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

Right - I GET THAT.  They are very similar programs in that they're Trusted Traveller programs. I'll refrain from conversations here going forward. 

They are not at all similar.  TSA-Pre allows for expedited entry through Airport Security only after you have been cleared to enter the US or are already in the country; and only if you are a NEXUS card holder (in the case of Canadians).  As @XLVIII says, children under 12 may accompany their parent or guardian.  

I have no idea how someone without TSA-pre was waved through without it “on dozens and dozens of trips in different US airports over the last 7 or 8 years”.  In every US and pre-clearance airport I have flown from there has always been someone checking each and every boarding pass before allowing someone to join the line.  I’ve seen lots of people redirected to the regular line.  I’d buy a lottery ticket if that were me.

• Like 2