Do we need to bring a copy of our Covid vaccinations?

bluecruisin

12 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I would bring one just in case.  As @lovecruzin said, some sailings still require vaccinations as well as testing.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety  

For the latest and most current information. 

Remember, we need them for Colombia on our Apr 21 sailing.

6 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

Our original two dose cards and the cards with our two booster's are in the same holder as our passports.  We taken them everywhere we take our passports.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

We don’t have any email from any government agency; maybe that’s a Canadian thing

California state dept. of health will provide an online vaccination status. Apparently this policy varies by state.

Your specific cruise or ports might require proof - so check that out first.  Most do not require anything these days.  I have photos of my vaccine cards and doses/dates on my iPhone if I need them.  But I have never been asked.

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

Yes, Colombia requires vaccination, but our documentation was never checked on a cruise ending last week. We simply checked the vax boxes on our Celebrity check-in form, but we never had to prove it. We brought documentation just in case, as should anyone visiting Colombia.

Celebrity asked us to bring copies of the cards but we were never asked for them.  Had them just in case. We were asked if we were vaccinated during the check-in at the cruise port in FLL.

51 minutes ago, SFCAcruiser said:

Yes, Colombia requires vaccination, but our documentation was never checked on a cruise ending last week. We simply checked the vax boxes on our Celebrity check-in form, but we never had to prove it. We brought documentation just in case, as should anyone visiting Colombia.

Were vaccinated passengers required to show proof of a negative test prior to boarding on your cruise to Colombia?  There has been discussion on whether only non-vaccinated guest or all guest have to show a negative test prior to boarding?  

Also, I would rather have the cards and not need them than to need them and not have them. 

The last poster said it well.  Better to bring them than to need them and not have them.

We carry photos of our passports on our phones.  Why not take a pic of your covid cards too?

That way they cannot be lost or stolen when on a shore excursion.   Lots easier to replace a phone.

54 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Were vaccinated passengers required to show proof of a negative test prior to boarding on your cruise to Colombia?  There has been discussion on whether only non-vaccinated guest or all guest have to show a negative test prior to boarding?  

Also, I would rather have the cards and not need them than to need them and not have them. 

No documentation/ proof was required by X or by Colombia for vax, but we had it if needed. We simply checked the "yes" vax box on the electronic cruise check-in. Nothing mentioned after that. 

1 hour ago, SFCAcruiser said:

No documentation/ proof was required by X or by Colombia for vax, but we had it if needed. We simply checked the "yes" vax box on the electronic cruise check-in. Nothing mentioned after that. 

Thank you.  We are going to be taking a couple of test kits with us, to use as a precautionary test prior to visiting our son & his family after the cruise.  

I just received an email from Celebrity this morning, regarding the health and safety check for my 4/7 Edge cruise. This is a Caribbean cruise and testing/proof of vaccination is not required. That said, the Celebrity communication we stated "Though vaccination is not required, we recommend vaccinated guest bring their vaccination cards with them."  We're bringing our cards.

I don't think there is a single answer.    Currently TransAtlantic and TransPacifics and Trans Oceanic are requiring both Proof of Vaccination as well as self testing results within 2 days prior to departure.

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Today's news : no more free Covid-19 Vaccine. moderna announce the cost $130

https://www.wsj.com/articles/moderna-to-price-its-covid-19-vaccine-at-130-a-dose-d7f4a956

Still free in the US until the pandemic declaration withdrawn. Also any type of insurance - private or public - cover vaccinations with a few having a small copay.

I'm on a transatlantic departing Tampa on April 17th and it appears a negative COVID test is no longer required:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

As of March 21, 2023, proof of a negative COVID-19 test is no longer required for guests embarking on Transocean sailings, except for those on back-to-back sailings in Australia/New Zealand and those aboard the April 22nd, 2023 Celebrity Eclipse 18 Night Tahiti, New Zealand & Hawaii sailing out of Sydney, Australia.