"Just" a Balcony. Will I Feel Like a Second Class Citizen?

land64shark

On 3/26/2023 at 12:39 PM, terrydtx said:

Do they get to keep the tips?

What tips???

As quoted by Staff on our 2 recent cruises----" 99% of the Guests didn't tip, thus the $9.95 + 18% charge now for room service ".

About feeling like a " second class citizen "---- Why would you ?? Not everyone can afford it or wants one.

We don't take a suite----because we would not require the use of a Butler, don't drink, use very little wifi. and don't participate in the " upside down pineapple on the door " activity.

Mind you, there was this -- probably about 32 yrs old--- Oh, forget it--- keep dreamin !!

5 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

“don't participate in the " upside down pineapple on the door " activity.”

is that a suite only activity ? 
I guess it must be , I never seen it or heard about it ,I been in inside, ov, balcony 🤔🤷‍♂️

Google! This is a specific type of cruiser looking for a specific type of activity. 😉

31 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I guess it must be , I never seen it or heard about it ,I been in inside, ov, balcony 🤔🤷‍♂️

I am told it's very suite. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Nope---  I heard It's like an "excursion" onboard with a happy ending. 

It's by invitation only --- after all of our many cruises, we were never invited ( LOL ).

Edited by Pinboy
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Ever since I was a kid I was told I had to hide who I am.  In the closet always, afraid of what people will say if they find out that I am a pineapple lover. I will not go back into the pineapple closet!  🥸

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

Ever since I was a kid I was told I had to hide who I am.  In the closet always, afraid of what people will say if they find out that I am a pineapple lover. I will not go back into the pineapple closet!  🥸

Do you put pineapple on pizza ? 🤔😉

We usually travel in balcony's, but my last cruise I got a good deal on an upgrade to Aqua.  I loved Blu, but have never had an issue eating in the MDR.  We usually go to a specialty restaurant once or twice and I'd rather spend my money on that.  For our next cruise we have booked our first suite (well, one with any benefits).  It's only a sky suite, but it's our 30th anniversary celebration so we wanted to splurge.  There are still times when I wonder if it's going to be worth it, especially since the Equinox doesn't have the fancy retreat deck.  It will be our first time in Europe, and part of me wonders if I should have just booked a balcony and saved all that extra money to spend more time in Italy after the cruise.  Also, I still haven't canceled our NCL Mediterranean cruise for the same summer, in case we decide to go with them instead and do Italy by land.  If I had it to do over again, I would have booked the Celebrity cruise closer to the NCL cruise and done them both!  (I booked a nonrefundable rate onboard so I can't switch dates)

2 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We usually travel in balcony's, but my last cruise I got a good deal on an upgrade to Aqua.  I loved Blu, but have never had an issue eating in the MDR.  We usually go to a specialty restaurant once or twice and I'd rather spend my money on that.  For our next cruise we have booked our first suite (well, one with any benefits).  It's only a sky suite, but it's our 30th anniversary celebration so we wanted to splurge.  There are still times when I wonder if it's going to be worth it, especially since the Equinox doesn't have the fancy retreat deck.  It will be our first time in Europe, and part of me wonders if I should have just booked a balcony and saved all that extra money to spend more time in Italy after the cruise.  Also, I still haven't canceled our NCL Mediterranean cruise for the same summer, in case we decide to go with them instead and do Italy by land.  If I had it to do over again, I would have booked the Celebrity cruise closer to the NCL cruise and done them both!  (I booked a nonrefundable rate onboard so I can't switch dates)

Check , it may only cost a $100 a person , 

did you book with a TA or directly with Celebrity? 

48 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

No such thing as "its only a sky suite". You will love it.  And happy 30th!

On 3/27/2023 at 6:42 PM, keesar said:

Do you actually believe that?  

YES!    The crew told me that she never pushes her position.  They love her.    They say when she travels as a passenger she demands to be treated like everyone else.  If they give her special treatment or priorities they would be in trouble.   She is a regular passenger and wants to travel like one and wants to see all passengers treated the same.   From what I have seen I am sure that the other officers are the same.  

A few years ago I was standing in line at Cafe al Bacio.  The Captain was behind me.  I looked at him and offered him to go ahead of me.  He declined and then offered to pay for our drinks that I also declined as I had a beverage package.  

No special privileges.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 3/26/2023 at 12:39 PM, terrydtx said:

Do they get to keep the tips?

Have you not heard -- tips are optional now. You can go to Customer Service and opt out of tipping as well as Gratuities. 

On 3/22/2023 at 2:22 PM, Fla Mike said:

We've been on Infinity twice in "just a balcony" and never felt like we were missing anything. 

You'll have the run of 95% of the ship, if not more.

She's a beautiful ship and you will love her.

Don't worry about what the others say or do.

enjoy

X2 - exactly.   I was not even aware of what or where the "restricted" areas were.  

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Have you not heard -- tips are optional now. You can go to Customer Service and opt out of tipping as well as Gratuities. 

Wouldn’t it be nice for everyone if we could tip in the app?

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

Wouldn’t it be nice for everyone if we could tip in the app?

I am sorry but I cannot support that. I like to tip face to face.  Using the app would make it so impersonal.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am sorry but I cannot support that. I like to tip face to face.  Using the app would make it so impersonal.  

Not necessarily.  See I was thinking you would do it face to face, tap your phone together with NFC or Apple Pay or similar on Android.